NBC: Kellen Winslow suspended four games for PED violation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snatch Catch, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Why is he an idiot? He was taking a supplement that had a banned ingredient that he was not aware of. We all have heard this time and time again. The NFL has a VERY strict rule with PED's. It is very hard to try and find things that do not contain a banned substance. At least of ones you know.

Anyone who has lifted weights and maintained a physique like an NFL player, knows you need supplementation to help. It's very hard trying to catch every substance in every thing you take.

If this happen, there would be no more football LOL

Even if the players stopped, there would be no football due to injuries. Look what happen this preseason with the HGH testing looming overhead. There was 15+ ACL tears alone. I honestly think the opposite. I think they should just allow the shit. It would be a blast to watch.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Players already know that the NFL has really strict policies, and every team has professionals who know those polices inside and out to advise their players for this very reason. Any player who isn't an idiot would check with these guys before putting any type of medication or supplement into their body. It takes 5 minutes and it's obviously worth the effort. Winslow has been around for a while, and has surely seen some of his teammates go through this same thing. Ignorance isn't an excuse. 99% of the players who "accidentally took a banned substance" or "forgot to clear a medication with the league" are lying through their teeth, and the few who aren't make the other NFL players look smart (which is an accomplishment in itself). I think the term "idiot" fits quite well.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think you're extremely wrong. Every year the nfl is adding supplements to the list. Sometimes an ingredient that is now banned slips through the cracks. I'm not saying they all are oblivious, but to just assume one is ignorant for something you know no details about, is ignorant. For all we know, it was an honest mistake. He could have easily taken something without realizing it was banned.

4. tubby

tubby Active Member

He's a fucking soldier though

5. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

At least he can rest up his knee that's been getting swollen lol.

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

It's not on him to keep up with what is banned and what isn't. It's only on him to go to the staff and say "I'd like to take such and such supplement. Is this okay?". Players who don't do this are idiots because the NFL's restrictions are so extensive. After seeing dozens of their fellow players suspended every season for at least a decade for this kind of stuff, do you really think that players are dumb enough to think that they can keep track of everything on their own? Do you really think they even want to? No, of course not. The only reason we hear "I accidentally took a substance that I didn't know was banned" and "I didn't know that I had to have my adderall prescription cleared with the league" so often is that these excuses sound better to the public than the real reason... "I took this banned substance because I thought it would help me stay healthier, play better, and make more money".

If we were to believe all of the players' excuses, then that would mean no player in the last 5+ years has been taking steroids, artificially increasing their testosterone, taking HGH, or intentionally trying to mask any banned substance. Every single player who has tested positive was only taking adderall, ritalin, or some obscure fitness supplement, and it was always an accident. For some reason I find that very difficult to believe.

#66 gopats88, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Damn! As always, as soon as the Jets begin to get things together, we get killed by stupidity or injuries. We're going to really miss Winslow.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When Geno gets a 4 game suspension for PEDs I'll start to worry...until then all's good.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

PEDs are probably the only way he got on the field in the first place.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I can take what you said and call Bill Bellichick an idiot for not going to someone and ask if filming the other teams signals was legal or not. Clearly a cheater.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

11. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Another day in the life of a drama queen like him!

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

well played.

hope it was some good juice and not something stupid like adderal.

13. Mitch_Dumstein

Much ado about little IMO.

Cumberland has already become a standout receiving target for Smith and arguably, along with Chandler, the best TE in the division. Some combination of Sudfield/Reuland will be fine for runblocking and multiple TE sets until KW returns

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

oh you mean the best in the division besides Clay and that other guy what's his name Gruntkowski or something

15. Mitch_Dumstein

Much better than Clay and speaking of juicers...Brokebackski???? lets review if he ever manages to see the field again...

16. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Can he appeal it?

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Another home run by GM of the year John Idzik,Two players he signed will miss a total of 8 games for guns and steroids,We still havent seen Millner hit the field.Idzik really needs a strong showing next year .He hasnt done anything Mr T wouldnt have done

18. Mitch_Dumstein

Other than draft Richardson, Smith, Winters, fix the salary cap catastrophe and have 12 picks ready for next May..I agree, he hasn't done a thing...

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yes this is clearly on Idzik. I guess the niners should fire their GM for drafting Aldon Smith too.

20. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

It's amazing how critical we can get.