IF, we were to pick up Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt how good could this team be?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Jetropolitan33

In todays nfl, anyone could be a win now. If you are saying superbowl ur right. We are not win now. But we could made a deep run at the playoffs and I think it would be great for geno to develop some chemistry with a young talented receiver.

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Seeing how Kenny Britt would either be arrested, suspended or hurt, we wouldn't see him, so with Josh Gordon we'd be a bit more explosive on Offense, but not TOO much better.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

filler...

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

We have 2 3rd round picks next year. Using the later pick on a 22 year old WR with a lot of upside is arguably better than what we may end up with in the draft. But there is risk. One more positive and he could be gone a year. One also has to ask why Cleveland would want to get rid of it their best and most talented players. Next year it is likely Cleveland will be drafting a QB who they could pair with Gordon. There are some red flags here if they want to dump him.

Supposedly they were in talks with SF last weekend over Gordon. Atlanta would seem to be a natrual trading partner. But our pick whether its a rd 3 or 4 will likely be an earlier pick and more valuable than either of those teams.

I agree with a lot of what is said here. Holmes, Gordon, Hill and Kerley could be a very dangerous receiving core. It is exciting to think about and given the failure rate of 3rd and 4th round picks most teams overvalue these picks. This is the type of trade that Tannenbaum would be all over. I just do not see Idzik liking the idea of giving up a pick for a guy that may have character problems as well as substance abuse issues. It just does not seem his style.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't think it changes much at all. Ok so Gordon plays instead of Gates, who hardly gets snaps unless there are injuries. Gordon would be #3 at best on the team with a healthy Holmes. I don't think we need that guy with Nelson in the mix.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I can't say I am a Gordon expert. I have not watched him play much. But what impresses me when I see him play is how he attacks the football. Its the positioning, the boxing out, locating the ball, and catching the ball at its highest point. He looks so natrual at this. These qualities are what I see as Hill's biggest weaknesses. Again I don't see Gordon play much and when he is not catching the ball I don't see his bad plays. But the plays he makes are impressive as he has such good instincts. Watching those plays he looks like the kind of kid that could be a number one receiver and a playmaker. But again there are huge red flags. Why does Cleveland want to get rid of such a good player? Add in his substance issues and there is quite a lot of risk. But the only reason anyone is even talking about wanting this kid is the high upside.

Hill and Gordon might be a very good duo. They do a lot of the same things but Hill blocks and has a very strong work ethics. But he seems to lack the natrual ability to attack the ball that Gordon possesses. Both might be able to compete and learn from each other.

#26 Noam, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  7. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im not sure if Kenny Britt would change anything... From what Ive seen and heard, he's been very bad this season.

Josh Gordon on the other hand would bring a needed explosive element to the offense. I think we could truly make a playoff push, and ultimately a playoff run with him.

Cleveland is 3-0 with him, 0-2 with out him. It may be a coincidence, but he is a game changer and a true #1 WR.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

LOL at thinking Gordon would be anything but the #1 on this team.

Seriously, this guys is VERY good. Holmes is a #2 WR, and Hill is a vertical threat who can also play as a #2 WR.

Holmes is gone next year, and we have a clear hole at #1 WR. Having a WR group of Gordon, Hill and Kerley would do wonders for Geno Smith and this team.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Theres a reason no one in Tenn wants to see Britt play. Gordon yes. Britt hell no.

10. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Gordon, Hill, and Kerley is pretty good, plus it would free us to use our first rounder on a position besides receiver.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

That would be a large benefit. You could use the 1st on a TE (Austin Seferian Jenkins) or an OLB and truly make this defense the best in the league.

12. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Better to find a TE who creates mismatches and develop O-line talent through the draft.

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'd take Britt if they were giving him away...

Gordon would be great, he's far better than anything we have but I don't think we'd give a 2 up for him considering the substance abuse history and the fact that Idzik supposedly likes to build through the draft.

14. NFL

NFL Active Member

Gordon is a better receiver than the first receiver taken this draft. Dude is an animal

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less about Britt. Josh Gordon however? For a 3rd sign me up right now. For a 2nd...eh we'll talk.

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

They're not gonna move him unless they get a 1 or 2 and some change

if you want to look at potential WRs then I'd call Pittsburgh after we play them about Emmanuel Sanders

I'd toss them a 3 and a 2015 5th

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We need a young stud at WR. Gordon would be my choice and if, like you said we weren't worried about his health i'd make that deal in a heartbeat.
    Everyone is so hung up on wanting a 2nd round pick but with his age and skill level the kid is worth it.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Fuckin Kenny Britt..awesome..they can't dump him for even a 7th rounder and people want to bring his disease here.

19. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Gordon is a elite Talent, if he stays away from Trouble off the Field, a 2nd rounder would be a steal. But there´s also a good chance, that he'll mess up, and be suspended for a Season, in that case, the 2nd rounder would be completely wasted. We´re not desperate, and Gordon won´t make us a contender this year. So there´s really no reason to take that risk right now.

And Britt never was close the player, he was before the ACL, and he´s about 2 years removed from that Injury right now. He doesnt have great Hands or is a really good Route runner, his biggest asset was his athleticism, without that, he´s nothing special. pass

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

:rofl: Pssssst, Gates doesnt get any "snaps" because he cant get open and he cant catch a football.

Even if I agrred that Holmes would still be number 1, who the fuck is th enumber 2 in your mind ahead of Gordon?