Rapoport: Sanchez to have surgery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

You can blame him for those losses. But Sanchez as a rookie was raw and it was expected for him to make mistakes. With Geno your agenda is about Sanchez and you spewing that if he were starting we'd have a better record, downing Geno in the process.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

mark sanchez Sanchez just sucks... just sucks take 2

ACTION

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

So disappointed that it never worked out here for Mark, I was stoked when we drafted him and really hoped we had finally found our franchise QB that the Jets haven't ever really had the last 40 years - instead it never worked out here for him - some of it down to the organization and some down to him - but at the end of the day we had 4 interesting years (mostly for the wrong reasons) and he gets to start over somewhere else $40-50m richer. nice work if you can get it.

he always had a great attitude though, you cannot fault his effort.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I blame Mark for multiple losses as a rookie
    I blame Geno for multiple losses as a rookie

where is the agenda?

You guys have nothing as usual and always have to make up stuff b/c you have nothing. It's sad. Just deal w/ the argument at hand, are you saying he wasn't a major contributor to both losses?

5. The 1985er

The agenda is you using Geno's TO's as a reason that we'd be a better team with Sanchez. That is the agenda. Especially when majority of Jets fans gave Sanchez a pass.

6. nyjunc

Geno's TOs have killed us in the 2 losses, you disagree? mark's TOs killed us last year too but mark had half the talent and a mickey mouse OC.

7. The 1985er

Geno Smith is a rookie and I expected him to have games where his turnovers cost us games it is what it is. Mark was a 4th year vet making rookie mistakes, the two situations aren't even comparable. Mark may have been in a bad situation but he didn't do anything to make the situation any better. I'd say he made it worse. That's why he's not a franchise QB and that's why he's a bust.

8. nyjunc

He's not a bust, he had one bad year w/ the worst offensive talent in football and Tony Sparano.

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

He could have acted like Jeremy Shockey too.

10. Mr. Green Pants

How do you figure Sanchez had "half the talent"? Did we sign Larry Fitzgerald without me noticing?

11. The 1985er

Consistently being a bottom barrel QB means he's a bust. Especially considering where he's drafted.

12. nyjunc

but he wasn't, he was only bad one year.

he is 3rd in playoff wins since entering the year. I'll take that.

13. The 1985er

You're in the minority when it comes to how many good/bad years Sanchez had. In his 4 years he's consistently been a bottom 5 QB. 2011 was his only non bottom 5 ranking.

If you're using team success as a barometer then Vernon Gholston is not a bust.

14. nyjunc

those that use rankings to evaluate don't truly understand the game. I don't worry about those uninformed opinions. I am proudly in the minority of fans that truly understand the game.

Vernon Gholston did not play the most important position on the field. That is a terrible comparison.

15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

But it's funny how rankings always seem to have the names Manning, Brady Brees, and Rodgers near the top of them.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Mods, can you rename the thread title?

_

17. The 1985er

Those rankings put in perspective what we are watching on the field. There is some validity to the rankings. They go against your belief that Sanchez is good so you dismiss it.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Hope he gets another chance in the NFL. NY was too much for him...

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

How can you possibly know that? How do you know that Sanchez wouldn't have had just as many turnovers, some being for defensive scores? How do you know he doesn't stink up the Bucs game and end up blowing it? Sanchez was a turnover machine, and you're suddenly assuming he would be different or we'd have won more games with him? I don't buy it. Marks TOs have given us countless losses. Geno's a rookie right now, so it's normal to have TOs early on. Perhaps we can arrange a Vbet on whether Geno or Sanchez has the better rookie season? My money's on Geno, simply because Geno has already had an 80% completion / 147 QB rating / 3 TD game, something Sanchez has NEVER done in 4 years and Geno has already done it 5 games into his career. Sanchez didn't hit 3 TDs until his 2nd year, and only sniffed 80% / 147 ONCE, at the end of his rookie year where he hit 139 rating, his career high. I don't think Geno has put up his career high game yet.

I was a Sanchez supporter for a while, but that is silly. One bad year? More like he had one good year, and it was a year he was still in the bottom 10 QBs in most stats. The other 3 years he was near last. Sorry but there comes a time when you have to face facts. Sanchez was never good or close to it. Having more TOs than TDs is NOT a good year and I'm pretty sure he's only had 1 year where he didn't have that.

#419 Barcs, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

He had three bad seasons (one of them preposterously so), 1 mediocre season, and 2 good playoff runs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.