NBC Sports Report: Sanchez irate with Idzik after shoulder injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 9, 2013.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nchez-irate-with-idzik-after-shoulder-injury/

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Just a note, this event occurred after the game.

3. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I call BS! No writer sat on this story for this long. It would have been front page (back page) headline the next day

4. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I would like a piece of that cake please

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The fact that it is coming out this late is questionable. It seems like the media is trying to drum up any negative story despite the Jets being a positive story. Whatever it is, the issue is clearly resolved.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a right to be upset but then again he has to realize that if he was any good they wouldn't have even drafted Geno, much less had him out there that late in a preseason game.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Media reaching for a story

8. Jetropolitan33

Even if this story was sat on and is true, this is what I wanted to see anyway. Holding it steals my satisfaction. I wanted him to be irate. He had every right to be. But throwing it out after he is an afterthought??? Who gives a rats ass?

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's probably not made up guys. Costello is a fine reporter anyway, and how could you make up something like that??

I understand questioning the "anonymous sources" stuff, but here we have an example of a guy putting his name out there and describing in detail what happened. I can't see a reason why you would question its validity.. Seems like a little "butt-hurt" to do so...

The bigger question is - why would Sanchez blame Idzik and not Rex? Idzik isn't making in game substitutions... was Sanchez just wrong or did word really come from the top to play him in the 4th quarter like that?

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pretty much this.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

more media BS. no sources named whatsoever - total BS. Even if true - who cares? The truth is that this entire thing about Sanchez getting injured on that play is a bit of a farce. His "injury" is likely a pre-existing condition (hence there was no need for any immediate surgery etc.). This is being played up for insurance purposes.

#11 AbdulSalam, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Like someone said above, why would Sanchez be furious with Idzik and not the head coach that made the decision?

Doesn't make sense - weak story.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

It might be true and it might not be true. Based on what we've seen of Mark since the injury he's been totally a plus for the organization with almost nothing negative from him directed towards the team. Probably that night of the injury like anyone he would be emotional after suffering a serious injury like that. Since coming to the Jets he's been resilient and missed only one game in four seasons due to an injury. Mark was on the sidelines in Atlanta on Monday night and was in the ear of Geno all night. And when everyone was walking off the field he seemed to be genuinely happy the Jets won the game. Hard to fake that kind of emotion. And his statement after surgery said something to the effect, GO JETS. I personally have no problem with Rex playing Mark that night. Why not, he might have just wanted to see how Mark played after a terrible game by his rookie Qb . I'm not a Mark fan but he's handled everything pretty good and it will help him if he's released by the Jets and becomes a free agent. As for Mark being treated poorly by the Jets you've got to be kidding. He was given the starting Qb job and other guys were given no chance to win the job. There was no competition even when he played horribly. And in pre-season this year he wasn't that good. A pick 6 and the same red zone turnovers we saw the past two seasons. As far as I'm concerned he did not outplay Geno and basically lost the job on his own.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There is just no way this story got sat on for that length of time. Not in this media market.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i half agree, sanchez put himself in this situation, if he was the no questioned starter he would not have been playing. that said, he has no right to be upset to be mad at rex or idzic. they are his boss, if they say play you play. end of story.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I have to agree. This sounds like some more anonymous sources crap, Manish 2.0 BS. I didn't see Sanchez complain when he went into that game and honestly for somebody that pissed at the franchise, it makes little sense that he would be so invested on the sidelines with the team winning and helping Geno and the Jets improve. I still think it's a blessing in disguise. Another year of Sanchez might have driven Jets fans off the cliff and it forces us to evaluate Geno in game, and so far it seems to be worth it. It's a long season, however, so who knows. All I know is that last year at this time we were 2-3.

#16 Barcs, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

See, this is the aspect of the story that makes complete sense to me.

Sanchez by his own words later on, felt that he had already sewn up the job. It was over. It was his. He had won. He had a false sense of entitlement.

Add to this that Idzik stated publicly that the QB decision would be a joint decision, and one that he was unquestionably a part of.

The problem was that, even if you believe that he would have won, the situation had not been officially resolved to that point.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Reaaaaach!

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I also, threw a fit that night, in my living room.

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

It was a weird move to send him back out there. But you have to believe that he was the starting quarterback, which I don't believe he was.