iPhone 6 Coming?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Oct 8, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

My renewal date is February...might hold off if this is true.

2. spinjani

spinjani Member

So sad that after Jobs, Apple is reacting to the market instead of setting the trends for others to follow.

3. gustoonarmy

Yes I agree. Jobs was innovative and inspiring. The lot that are running apple now just seem to be playing catch up.

4. Mitch_Dumstein

Maybe when they release the $900 iphone 7S around 2017 or so, they can at least catch up with Galaxy S3 and be only 6 years behind the competition

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

They're behind the competition in what way? Screen size is a choice, not an innovation or a feature.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't think you need the ?

The new iPhone will be released, as always summer/fall 2014.

I follow this stuff everyday because I'm waiting for the Macbook Pro refresh.
    Huffington post's article is stuff that has already been speculated upon for weeks.

Apple has been testing 4.8 and 6.0" screens on devices.

I am reading the new device will certainly have a design overhaul (including home button relocation), better camera, better battery life, larger screen, LTE-A technology (which can get 100mbps), OLED screen technology, Retina Display 2

#6 GQMartin, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get the Note 3, but damn it T-Mobile isn't handing out free/discounted phones anymore. It used to be I just had to pay $200 for the latest device, but now I have to shell out $700 to pay full freight (and they're not making my plan any cheaper)

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

My upgrade/renewal for Verizon is in March. I'm an Android user. Anyone know the prospects for new phones around 6 months from now?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Iphone = garbage. I'll take a galaxy or droid over that over priced POS phone anyday. These things cost more than new top of the line gaming systems and don't come close in functionality when compared to a laptop.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

new iPhones have been on a schedule of every September. And to make it very basic, there are 2 cycles as the iPhone 4 came out, the 1 year later the 4s, one year later the 5, and this past september the 5c and 5s.

Next September is the 6 and the September after that should be the 6s. The jump in number is supposed to be the "big" change and the chance from number to letter is supposed to be a change but not a total overhaul, more as a refresh from the people on the 2 year renewal cycle that started with the 4s.

I enjoy the iPhone, probably going to stick with it another 2 years. Haven't had any problems and met my needs. If I ever need to do more than what I use my phone for, I'm near a computer anyways so it all works out for me.

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

A Galaxy S4 is only $50 cheaper at full retail.

12. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Samsung phones are the new industry trend setter. Apple is just coming out with shit that's already in the market place, and not as good. The note and the new Galaxy are by far better then anything apple has to offer.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Well you know why, right? Samsung was the manufacturer for all the high end components when the iphone first started. So they learned how to make high quality stuff at cut throat prices and now they're using it to beat Apple over the head with it. Instead of imitating, they're pushing to innovate too to distinguish themselves and trying everything they possibly can. So now that Jobs is gone, Apple doesn't have that killer instinct anymore and is kind of lost without him

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I've had the 5s for a week now and really like it. For a phone I put in my pocket, I'm not sure I'd want it any bigger. And for what I use it for, not sure what I'd be gaining by going Android over Apple.

15. gustoonarmy

My GF got the 5 and I had a play with it. Not only is it too light, (it would fall out of some of my pockets) I find the screen a wee bit too long. Quite often I text with one hand and find it just that bit too big.
    The 4s on the other hand is a lot heavier and smaller and I find pretty much perfect.
    The one bad point for me now is that the batt life is now appalling. It was fine for about a year and surprise surprise my warrenty is now no good.

Apples after sales service is probably some of the worst I've ever come across.

Unless there is a REAL alternative come next February I'll be going with the 4s again.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I also have iPhone 5 and I have the same issue. The phone is longer and I can't text with single hand anymore.

By the way this iPhone, Galaxy comparisons are really useless. Both are great phones and maybe Galaxy a bit better. But who cares really. People love both and use both. No reason to attack the other side. This is just silly. It is just a phone not world saving device.

17. gustoonarmy

My GFs phone has literally just developed a fault, no sound alerts for texts. The only way to 'cure' it is to keep turning it on and off.

Aye, just personal preference.