Rapoport: Sanchez to have surgery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkEveryThing

My fault. I did not know it was a closed thread. I really wanted to see how far it went.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Rex has more to do with Geno starting than Idzik. He's the idiot that part Mark in the waning moments of a meaningless pre-season game.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So Mark going into his 5th year, signed for 2 more years and a new GM, experienced OC and Rex Ryan decide to throw him into a competition with the Jets third pick in the draft when the Jets were installing a new O.

The fact that the Jets held a competition tells you all you need to know about how Jets management feels about Mark Sanchez.

This was not a competition, this was an outright demotion.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Make that 3; I too believe Mark won the competition.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I herd the set up tires at 15, 30 and 45 yards, middle, left and right and Mark had HORSE before Geno had HO.

6. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Why are you documenting and cataloging my posts? Do you really have nothing better to do? So what, we're all sports fans here, football fans at that. We're talking about a sport that is labeled violent and aggressive. I really don't need or appreciate your free advice, as if I need it. Any nitpicking baby can find something wrong with anyone's posts here. I see a lot of this back and forth name calling crap anyways. Just give it a break.

And as far as your football related stuff, where do I begin? Keyshawn was the last decent skill position player we've had? Oh boy...

Umm...What about Kerley, Hill is better, Powell. Coles, Moss, Leon Washington, Brad Smith. Pennington, Cotchery, Keller was decent. I mean, there might not be a lot of all-pros here, but you said NFL caliber!? Do I need to go on?

See what I'm saying? You just make yourself look foolish when you say stuff like that. I'm sorry I have to point it out..

7. NewYorkEveryThing

Not by much. He threw a few horrible picks as well. His first pass (CAR) was a pick 6 . If we are going by clear cut winner. It would go to Simms.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I love the way you don't just fabricate facts, but you actually ascribe emotions to the players in your fictional scenario.

Like putting whip cream on a turd and calling it a chocolate sundae...

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hell no he wouldn't. They let Sanchez play for 4 years while making 26 turnovers each in the last two. A few dozen turnovers wouldn't have mattered and the proof is there to see.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love the way you lack the ability to engage in an intelligent football discussion and deflect w/ nonsensical posts like this one.

mark didn't have 11 TOs his first 4 games, we were 3-1 w/ Chansi Stuckey as a starting WR. The first time Mark deserved to be benched was last year when we had the worst offensive talent in the league(healthy talent), Geno would be on the bench if Mark was healthy.

I am rooting for Geno, hopefully he is learning but he has shown he wasn't ready to play but b/c our GM created this sham competition he had to play after Mark got hurt.

11. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

What can Sanchez teach Geno that MM or David Lee can't? Oh yes, how to throw a pick 6 to an on rushing defensive lineman!

#251 Kentucky Jet, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Told you it would be back.

13. Kentucky Jet

Gee I thought Garrard retiring had something to do with it. Mark also had a better run game and OL then Geno has. Also all he threw were short, safe passes. Geno throws all over the field, long and short!. Also Sanchez did not have to throw 29 times a game like Geno does. Err Sanchez and Geno were even in camp until Geno got hurt. Then Mark pulled ahead slightly! Imagine a guy with 4 years experience EVEN with a raw rookie QB in camp!

We all knew that Geno was not ready to play! He is raw but has displayed a great arm and poise that Sanchez does not have. Plus Geno, as raw as he is , is 2 and 2 with some of the same "worst offensive talent" in the NFL that you cry about regarding Sanchez. Imagine if Gates etc held onto a few passes in the NE game.

The sham competition that you refer to is in your mind only! With WRECKS as our leader Sanchez was going to play no matter what! But he got hurt! So what sham are you talking about? I thought WRECKS favored SANCHEZ in camp and in the preseason games! Are you really pulling for Geno to be successful? It seems that you are a Sanchez loyalist! I could be wrong but I am a Jets fan and I think that Geno can develop into a far better QB.

If Garrard did not retire he'd beat out Sanchez and give Geno time to sit and learn.

#253 Kentucky Jet, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  14. nyjunc

In 2009 he did but not last year. Our healthy weapons and OL are a million times better than what mark had to work with last year and yet we are still turning it over at a near historic rate.

If by slightly you mean he was head and shoulders better I agree.

He's 2-2 w/ decent talent and a better OL than a year ago. w/ Mark we'd be 3-1 or maybe even 4-0. We have enough talent to win provided we don't have disastrous injuries on O.

If Garrard didn't retire he wouldn't have beaten out mark but Mark would have been released b/c the GM wanted his QB. Don't confuse that w/ being better or beaten out.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Should we waste time discussing your theory that Rex played Sanchez in a meaningless game, behind a 3rd string OL, to prove to the fans and new GM that Sanchez was the better quarterback?

Or should we skip that and talk about how the new GM was "happy" with the outcome of Ryan's incredibly stupid decision?

How about we debate your assertion that Rex Ryan is a better coach than Bill Belicheck?...or how Mark Sanchez is a better qb than Peyton Manning based on his post season win percentage?

It's your choice, Einstein...

16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Like the pretty throws to the other Teams, and audition for the Miami heat with his patented behind the back no look fumble...

Nice try

17. Kentucky Jet

If Garrard stayed Sanchez would be a Raider or in the CFL, you are correct but for different reasons! Sanchez stinks as a QB. . Please look up the word " slightly". It has a whole different meaning then what you imagine. Our Ol has yet to develop consistency. Last years had it! In time this years will be better! I ask are you a JETS fan or a Sanchez fan?

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Why stop at 4-0?

Show some balls...just say the Jets would go undefeated this year with Sanchez under center.

You know you want to....

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You guys going turn this into a shit on Sanchez thread and attack each other in the process???

I'll let the Sanchez bashing continue, cause it has merit, but stop the personal attacks on other posters.

20. nyjunc

That's not a theory.

show me where I said mark is better than Peyton? For such a smart guy you sure struggle w/ basic reading comprehension.

you don't win 4 road playoff games over 2 seasons and make 2 title games w/ a QB who stinks.

last year's OL stunk, this years has been MUCH better.

I would say 14-2 or 13-3, I don't want to get crazy and say 16-0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.