Rapoport: Sanchez to have surgery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Preseason is the end-all of evaluations? One preseason game, for that matter? Wow, and I thought that the entire training camp mattered too. Guess not.

Get a clue buddy.

2. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Can we move on from Sanchez... With him having surgery it would be best not to talk of him again until next year...

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Internet tough guy...calling me childish? You better learn how to communicate or you will find yourself on banned list. Re-read your posts before you hit send brother. Iv read all your posts and they are very attacking and off-putting. You dont have to agree with others perspectives but when you start name calling and arguing its time to take a deep breath. Don’t mean to preach but come on man…

Back to my initial thought. Ideally Geno would be the guy and leave us with no questions by the end of the season. He has shown flashes and then has sown a propensity to hold the ball, take the 10-15 yard sack, get flushed out of the pocket instead of step up, and yes thrown picks and be carless with the ball. If he continues to struggle and not show glimpses, then we are at a big fork in the road.

I personally would rather not DRAFT a QB next year (Maybe a stopgap). If the Jets are not sold on Geno AFTER they get him some real weapons (Sorry we have a bottom 2 or 3 receiving core) then its time. The part that stinks is the draft next year is shaping up to be a very deep QB draft. Take a flyer on a guy round 4 or after. But make no mistake about it, the Jets have neglected the skill positions on offense for a long time and that has contributed to the demise of the QB position on this team. To keep wasting picks 1 and 2 on a QB is a sure way to deplete your team of both chemistry and other top end talent.

4. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Yes, I'm the Internet tough guy, yet it is you who is threatening me with Internet bans and so forth and saying how I need to learn how to communicate? Well I'll be damned if that's not the definition of a hypocrite right there. I'm well versed in communication, but thanks anyway. And talking down to someone and acting like you're the authority of this website is kind of off putting, as you say, and really isn't the best way to harbor mutual respect and good communication.

I can't help it if I think your view on this is silly. Sorry that I say what I think.

That being said, Geno has shown more flash and playmaking ability in 4 games than Sanchez had in 4 years. Of course he needs to cutdown on the turnovers, but we will know by the end of this season if we have a franchise QB or not.

I just don't see how we are tied to Geno until 3-4 years down the road if he continues losing games on his own. I just don't. The front office is capable of drafting skill position players, using free agency, and searching for a franchise quarterback simultaneously.

We are a decent tight end, receiver and maybe running back away from having enough weapons for a good QB. I'd love to have a game breaking WR or RB, and hopefully we can find one, but QB remains the most important position in football.

5. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Unfortunately, I have to get to 50 posts before I post any links. I wish I could, and once I get there I will, because there are literally dozens of them..

Not that he was the starter, but that he was outperforming Sanchez. Then again, Sanchez was never named the starter either.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't wait to see those made up links b/c it was clear to all sanchez was going to "win" the job. maybe Geno had better days or better moments but overall it wasn't close.

7. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Lol what, you think I'm going make some fake web pages with fake articles just to serve my point? It was only speculated after the Giants game that possibly Geno "lost" it, albeit by members of the media who really have no clue of the organizations thinking. Sanchez was never going to "win" anything.

8. nyjunc

Sanchez won to anyone who paid attention.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sanchez would have never won the job and if they did decide to start him in week 1 he would have been replaced permanently after his first pick..probably 5 minutes into the first quarter. He was forever written out of the Jets plans late last year, why do you insist on ignoring that? Is it really going to shock you when he is cut at the end of the season? Really?

10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I thought I would give you a little free advice as 25 of your 35 posts are aggressive in nature. Sorry if that comes across as intimidating and hypocritical.

Is the front office capable of drafting and signing skilled FA’s? I have yet to see the Jets develop a true NFL caliber weapon at a skilled offensive position. The last was Keyshawn, and guess what he was a #1.

That’s what I’m saying, if we continue the QB carrousel in the top end of the draft every year we lose out on the young talent on the skilled side. You lose out on an AJ Green, Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, Tyler Eiffert…list goes on and on. That’s why we have had some QB related issues recently, we have not allowed our young QB’s to grow with talent.

Look at the great QB’s historically, they have been surrounded with talent and dynamic playmakers. Why do you think Tom Brady is struggling this year? Its not because he has digressed its because he doesn’t have Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd.

So for the Geno thing to work, we need to draft and develop young skilled talent WITH him. That’s why he gets 3-4 years IMO. If you continue to search for the next Manning, Luck, Brady, Breese you just delay this process and they will need some top end receivers as well.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You is one wacky mofo...:rofl:

12. nyjunc

I guess they would have went back to him pretty quick as geno was turning it over almost 3 times a game?

B/c we moved on doesn't make it right and I KNOW for 100% fact if it was up to Rex he'd be starting. This was all about the new GM and we are paying for it now but hopefully long term these growing pains will lead us somewhere w/ Geno.

13. Mitch_Dumstein

apparently only two human beings on the planet are certain that Mark won the QB competition --- Mark and nyjunc

14. nyjunc

any paying attention knows who "won". The GM rigged it to get his guy in and while he wasn't hoping mark got hurt he was happy w/ the result of Geno starting.

15. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i was rooting for a much more painful and longterm injury. like hang-gliding into a jet engine.

that would be ironic too!

16. Don

It didn't matter if he turned it over 5 times a game, he was/is the future and they want to see what they have with him. He is costing them next to nothing and the entire world have written the Jets off this year. They can afford this and if they were to lose 15 straight then it would be no worse than what the pundits predicted. I wouldn't even be surprised if Sanchez Jets life wasn't discussed in Idzik's interviews.

17. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Mark won the competition, Geno won the pretty throws award.

18. Don

You're half right..nobody would ever accuse Sanchez of making pretty throws.

19. nyjunc

IF Geno beat Mark out(he didn't but let's pretend he did) and mark was healthy Geno would have been benched already.

20. NewYorkEveryThing

Shouldn't this be merged with the ALL SANCHEZ TALK Thread since ppl are now going back to sanchez's play ????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.