2013 week 5- NY Jets @ Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Sep 29, 2013.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hhhmm... u are serious, aren't u??

while the jets and smith have the opportunity to send a hard message to the NFL tonite i just dont think its in the cards. 2-2 teams sometimes have more question marks than 0-4 teams and the jets seem to fit that to a T.

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I just don't see Geno and the Jets going into a hostile, prime-time environment against a talented and desperate team, and winning.

The only way this game stays close is if the Jets, and especially Geno, don't turn the ball over. That's a big IF right now.

I see the game something like 27-13 Falcons.

3. endydee

endydee Active Member

On my way, driving to Atlanta. I'll be there in about 5 hours. Got my seat on the Jets side of the field around the 40 yard line. Can't wait! Hoping for a good game.

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Holy Shit.. You might miss the game.. They moved kickoff to 1 oclock, since the Braves have a playoff game in the dome tonight. Hopefully you make it in time..

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Heading to the airport for a noon flight!

Can't wait.

_

6. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Just a tough spot for the Jets to go into. At 1-3 the Falcons might not be a great team but they're still better than the Jets, and it's a must-win game for them. Even without the injuries to the Jet receivers it would be tough to pick them to win against a desperate team on the road in prime time. I don't think there's a person on the planet that would put bias aside and honestly pick the Jets tonight. 31-13 Falcons.

7. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

No stupid, idiotic mistakes - that's all I'm asking for. No scrambling backwards for a 10 yard loss, no fumbling because the ball was being held with one hand away from the body, no personal foul penalties, no dumb challenges or ill advised timeouts. Let's just not embarrass ourselves on national television, again.

And I will also be livid, if at any point during the game, the cameras cut to Kyle Wilson and he is celebrating by waving his finger when a pass falls incomplete that was clearly overthrown and that he had zero influence on the outcome.

Oh, and I think the Jets win this, 23-20

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

Sounds like you think most if not all of this stuff will happen, as we all do....and your pick is more of a hoping thing. I'm down with that though. GO JETS!

9. weflyhigh

weflyhigh Member

cool! I'll be there section 135

10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Goodluck guys!

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I just love/hate that comment, like someone flicked a switch and he became shit.
    If Jackson was a Jet you'd be having a big fat wank over him.

Don't be a dick :wink:

I really don't get where all the respect is coming from for the Falcs. They have talent, so do we and arguably we are being better coached.

Footballgod214 has gone a bit OTT, but I too think we can get a good win here.
    Our D line Vs their O line :rofl2: Ryan is a pure pocket passer and without a pocket and limited time is in for a rough ride tonight.
    Thats where the game is going to be won or lost for us.

I believe that Geno will be a non factor with 3 HBs now in the fold. Yes we all know how much MM likes to throw, do you think Atl will be thinking this too?

12. BookEndTackles 72&79

I'm trying to be optimistic tonight but it's difficult. Hard to envision all these penalties and turnovers getting corrected quickly. Even harder to stomach letting the vulnerable Pats off the hook and not making a middle of the pack Titans team sweat to earn that win. This is another vulnerable opponent who this team can play with. Having another game where they shoot themselves in the foot again will quickly lead to this season spiraling out of control with the difficult part of the schedule coming up.

13. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Even though Roddy White hasn't done anything this year, i'm still worried about him.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

While the experts unanimously have the Jets at a loss, I think its a tougher game to call. Its strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

What so Jackson's 77 yards this season has helped the Falcons. He wasn't exactly a star last year. This year he's done nothing.

I was big on Ivory coming here because it looked like a good addition. So far would you say him being out is really a huge loss? I wouldn't.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This might be the best thing I've read all day...

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

OMG

Is it game time yet?

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

they're weak in the secondary and at linebacker. I want to see a lot of targets to kerley from the slot.

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't really know what to expect in this game. Hoping for a win, obviously, but wouldn't really be surprised either way.