kimberley a martin: jets claim TE zach sudfeld off of waivers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 4m
    Confirmed #Jets claimed ex-#Patriots TE Zach Sudfeld. Rex + Marty kept raving about David Nelson's size (6-5). Well, Sudfeld is 6-7

could be a good depth signing

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Maybe we're starting a basketball team

3. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Really more happy about this signing then i should be. That being said we are so thin at TE and WR this is a good move. Plus sticking it to NE is always good.

4. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Even with Gronk out and no Hernandez. This guy has ZERO receptions. Still, I hope he turns into something

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I like this signing. I thought the Jets should have taken him in round 7 or as an UDFA. He is a good pass catcher but can definitely still use some work. He could work out with a little patience.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hopefully he can seal the edge like Becht used to do. Becht had stone hands but he was an absolute beast on sealing the edge in the running game. The Jets need to be able to break some big runs to get the pass rush off Geno.

7. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I think he was targeted 7 times through 3 games. On the other hand he did pretty good in preseason... Hopefully this helps our running game

8. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

He was pretty hyped up before, hopefully he can be a good target for Geno.

9. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Sudfeld was the target on both of Tom Brady's interceptions, one of which was off of Sudfeld's hands and the other he appeared to give up on.

He also muffed the recovery of Atlanta's onside kick, which hit him in the hands, leading to Atlanta's recovery.

He's responsible for about 2.5 of New Englands turnovers.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wait....I thought $20M/yr franchize QBs were supposed to make the players around them so much better! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Rumor is Bellishit was trying to sneak him through waivers so that they could sign him to the practice squad. Glad the Jets fucked him. Hopefully now they will also learn anything about their playbooks that this guy knows just as Bellishit does with any players we cut.

12. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Good sign!

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

His blocking skills needed to be worked on, but he's a good pass catcher.

14. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Maybe some people say that, I don't. Sudfeld looked to stop fighting on the route of the second INT.

The other two turnovers were both off of his hands and to the other team.

You can't generalize a fan base, because some people flip flop back and forth with the blame game doesn't mean all do. That was my opinion of Sudfeld's "impact" on my team, I said nothing, and don't care to say anything on Geno's turnovers without watching them, which I have not done. Sudfeld's play I have seen however, and his impact has been nothing but negative. He runs sloppy routes, cannot run block, and has hands made of cinderblocks that do more harm than good.

The Jets are either attempting to fuck with BB, always possible, or are more desperate for help at TE than I thought, and I don't believe Sudfeld is the answer there.

Edit: I also said "About 2.5" turnovers, meaning I was half blaming Brady on one pick for a poor decision.

#14 strngplyr, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Can't hurt.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Just Another Guy

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I was surprised he was cut. Then I was surprised to get this update from my ESPN app early this afternoon. How about that? I remember just 2 months ago, freaking out in my head about how the Pats just had no problem solving their TE problem that we were so happy about in the off-season. Well apparently it was just all BS being polished, because they wouldn't have dropped him if that weren't the case. I doubt he'll do much for us, but I'm happy we at least stole him, and are giving him a shot.

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

When the Jets activate Goodson it makes sense now that Reuland will be the guy who will lose his roster spot. But it could be Sudfield who loses the spot if he fails to impress. With Goodson's hamstring injury that decision may get punted an extra week.

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I know a few Patriots fans who couldn't stop gushing about this guy in the pre-season.

20. sanchise

sanchise Member

New England will regret losing him. That's one problem with that team, if Brady doesn't like you, you're deadmeat. Brady won't target you, even if you're wide open. Brady's got a big fat ego that needs to be tamed. And with no Gronk, NE will feel Sudfeld's loss in a big game like a playoff. And then Brady will go pouting on the field, like he always does. I hate the Pats.