WW85's 2014 JET'S MOCK DRAFT (1.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Sep 21, 2013.

1. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I go to ASU, and I like Grice a lot. Id like to see what he can do in Marty's system

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Yeah we wont cut Goodson for getting caught with a gun, were not gonna cut him in the offseason either.

This team is needy, the needs need to be addressed before we draft players at positions were ok at

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Goodson is a question mark and Powell, is good, but isn't going to carry the load. Ivory has to stay healthy, he doesn't give me much confidence he will. I believe the Jets will address RB, either in FA or the draft, especially since we have 2...3 Round picks. I don't see us looking at a RB to at least Rd 3 or later.

WR, TE & OLB are the 3 major needs at this point. A kick returner is going to be a huge special team need, our group isn't getting it done.

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

WW,

being overseas I don't get to watch to many games but I try and read more than anything. I know so many people on this board want Lee in the first round if he is still sitting there. My view is simple, if we continue to see Hill grow this year than Evans is the best compliment to this team. Evans is not the fastest guy in the world but he is big and can catch. Evans would be the perfect compliment to Hill and Kerley in my opinion. I would love to see Evans or Barr on this team next year.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I've been a big fan of Evans since week 1 and he hasn't disappointed. Just under 700 yards, 25 yards per catch average and 5 TDs and that's all before the month of October. Evans isn't slow, he's just not a burner, but most great NFL WRs aren't speedsters. Running good routes, solid hands, playing physical and knowing how to use leverage to make the catch is eveything Evans does well.

I don't know if Evans will declare, but with such a breakout year, Johnny Boy leaving A&M and rumors Kevin Sumlin possibly going to USC....I would declare in a heartbeat.

Lee is a good prospect, but his knee injury and poor USC play will hurt his stock, still should be a mid to late Rd 1 player.

Right now, I have Watkins rated #1 and Evans and #2.

I love Anthony Barr, if the Jets shit the bed the rest of the year and have a top 5 pick and Rex is still coach (which is doubtful), I could see Rex banging the table for Barr. Our Front 7 would be one of the best in the NFL.

6. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Which is why I think he'll fall to our pick for these reasons. ACL injuries aren't really that bad nowadays, and the lack of talent he had around him didn't help his poor play at USC.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He only had a knee strain. Lee, IMO, will be available in the mid to late teens, the Jets should have a better option. I'm less optimistic, than most jet fans, I only expect about 5 to 6 wins at best.

8. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

I'm a big fan of taking Lee, but if he's not there I'm not 100% sold on taking a WR in the 1st. I only want to take a WR in the 1st if they're a long term answer to replacing Holmes. If not I'm not against keeping Holmes around on a short term contract.

I wonder if Lee or Barr goes first. They're my top 2 wants.