Junc Gets Owned by Yahoo Sports At His Own Game

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetBlue, Oct 1, 2013.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There are people who know football, and then there are those who say Mark Sanchez is more clutch than Peyton Manning because he has thrown for over 200 yards in one playoff game.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love having fans and I love seeing stuff like this EVERY regular season then watching Peyton choke EVERY postseason.

By the way, I have always called Peyton an all time great but he is overrated based on playing his entire career on loaded teams and coming up small much more often than not in postseason.

so you are wrong on all accounts but thank you for being a fan.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

who is junc?

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't disagree that he is overrated as a QB is judged by his wins and losses during the playoffs which is why I'm sure Tom Brady would never trade his Vince Lombardi Trophies with Peyton's MVPs. That being said anyone who ever says he played on loaded teams is off, he made Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, he made Marcus Pollard just like he's making Julius Thomas and Erik Decker

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

How did the Jets move up their power rankings after last week ?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Looks like getting dick-slapped by Peyton Manning is kryptonite to power ranking position.

For whatever that is worth. Which is nothing.

9. nyjunc

He's played on loaded teams since day 1.

He didn't make Harrison and Wayne, Wayne had almost 1,000 yds 2 years ago w/ Curtis Painter and company. Harrison was on his way to becoming a top WR and was very young.

The Den team he is on now may be his most loaded, he is a great QB and great QBs make players around them better but he didn't make anyone.

Combine loaded talent w/ more than half his games in domes and weak division and we have all time great #s. Once in postseason he melts, is it playing outdoors? he's lost a ton of home games in Indy too so I can't blame the weather.

This happens all the time, Peyton gets off to great start or has unreal reg season #s then people forget everything else, then it's playoff time and he's handed 14 STs pts and still loses at home and people will find excuses to blame those around him. He's the main reason he doesn't have 3-4 SB rings right now and he wasn't the main reason he has his 1 b/c the D was great that postseason. he had one great half(2nd half vs. NE in title game) that entire postseason.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Peyton makes reads at the line of scrimmage. Most of the time his reads are correct.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Payton Manning suffers neck injury, leaves 'loaded team' .... loaded team goes into free fall, sinks to the bottom of the barrell and ends up with the worst record and the #1 pick in the draft.

Chalk that last place finish up to coincidence because that team was in fact loaded?

Thank Manning instead junc for bailing at the end of '09 and putting the Jets (and Sanchez) on the playoff map in '09.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The accuracy is what's most amazing, the ball is placed perfectly on almost any pass...who were Thomas and Decker before Peyton got there?

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

People who judge QBs based on their team's output in the playoffs are fucking idiots.

It's the old way of looking at QBs and it's been proven wrong. I'll admit I used to be this type of guy, like everyone else in the mid-80s/90s before I realized it's dumb as shit.

For some reason people only do this with QBs.

Nobody says Barry Sanders isn't the best RB that ever lived because he didn't win in the playoffs..
    Nobody points to Don Beebe as the best WR ever to play because he went to 6 SBs..

It's essentially judging a career of work, based on individual games. That's about as dumb as it gets. Manning has a SB trophy anyway, why is it even a discussion?

Best QBs of the modern era:
    Montana
    Manning
    Brady
    Marino (even though I hate the man)

in that order.

14. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I agree, Marino never even won a SB and he's still mentioned as an all time great as he should be. Peyton has had some bad games in the postseason but he still has a ring and I would take him over any current QB in the league.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Dan Fouts, Archie Manning, Sonny Jurgenson, Jim Hart...

#15 matt robinson 17, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  16. nyjunc

Barry Sanders was a running back on decent teams. Peyton has been the QB on elite level teams.

I don't just say "Peyton is overrated b/c of the playoffs", Dan marino elevated average teams to postseason every year, John Elway did the same. peyton has had elite talent since day 1 and he makes mistakes at the most crucial times in postseason.

Watch the games, watch him screw up. It wasn't his fault that Jones got behind the safety last year but what was his fault?

-not running out the clock so Bal didn't get one last chance
    -throwing an INT for a TD
    -turning it over 3 times directly leading to 17 pts including setting up the GW FG in OT

Brady has been Manning like in postseason in recent years but he consistently has his teams in title games and SBs as Peyton continues to go one and done.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

There are people who think they know football, and there are people who understand that Mark Sanchez is a much better Punter than Payton Manning.

18. BrowningNagle

Fouts was awesome. The others, you are getting a little before my time.

How good was Archie Manning anyway? I hear he was good but mired in the New Orleans Saints messy organization - but how good?

I would think Peyton is probably much better than his old man, but how would you compare Archie to Eli? Obviously different eras, but give me your best shot- I'm interested.

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Colts are an elite team? Does everyone forget what happened when Manning was out for the season? oh yah, they got the #1 pick. Yes Colts were an elite team, BECAUSE of Manning.

20. BrowningNagle

You've proven you don't know jack shit about QBs so I'm going to ignore this whole post and any future posts you may have about the QB position - thanks