Positives From Todays Titans Loss....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 29, 2013.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

why exactly is that a positive?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I made beef and chicken empanadas for the 1 o'clock games and chicken pad thai for dinner.

_

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

honestly that was the only good thing about this game. that i pigged out at a barbecue before. too bad the jets play made me wanna puke it up

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The biggest positive from today is we're not the Giants.

So, a quarter of the season is gone and the Giants and Steelers are both 0-4 in the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes. Sucks for them that 2-14 ain't likely to do it with the Jaguars in the league.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This is an ignorant stupid statement and the Jets fans that keep saying this should shut their mouths. I'd trade places with the Giants and Steelers in a heartbeat. Both of whom have been in multiple super bowls lately.

They both are starting off on a rough year, but hey, they both groomed a franchise qb. Us? We ruined one, and drafted one who has proved nothing.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

:rofl:

positives= Powell and run defense.

can't think of much else that isn't riddled with negatives. It is nice knowing that no RB no mater how good will be effective against the jets.

all we can hope for is that smith learns from the debacle, the secondary improves and the recovers aren't hurt too much.

oh and that AFC north continues to be weak since NYJ hasn't faced any of them yet. go jets.

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to trade places with them, hell neither franchise QB seems to be doing much better than our 2nd draft pickup.

Plus our defense is better than either of theirs, the trophies are what everybody is after but in terms of the present season I wouldn't trade spots with a 0-4 team.

I'll take 2-2 over whats going on with our big blue brothers and the steel curtain any day. just glad the jets have to face one of them.:steelers::up:

8. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

Clearly, your wife is not a Jets fan. If she were, she would have gone out and gotten you more to drink!

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No positives today imo. It was a bad loss, Geno was awful and Holmes is hurt.

10. Satire?

Satire? Guest

come on guys, the positive here is the jets are still in this thing. the tits aren't in the afc east man..they're in the south! they eat grits!

at least the jets don't eat grits! they eat oatmeal.

brah

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Peyton Manning had 11 multiple-INT games in his rookie year. In his first four NFL starts he threw a total of 11 (3,2,3,3). Geno has 9.

Peyton's first 4 starts were all losses: 24-15, 29-6, 44-6, 19-13

Peyton Manning had a 6.5 YPA his first season. Eli Manning a 5.3. Geno Smith has a 7.9.

Eli Manning didn't throw his second touchdown pass until his 7th start.

THIS IS NORMAL. THIS is the time period where we forgive these errors. Mark was doing it in YEAR four, not START four. There's a pretty damn big difference.

The team is letting Geno take his lumps and learn on the fly. He's not supposed to correct all of his weaknesses as a rookie quarterback over the course of 4 games.

He took a beating today, some his own fault, some the o-lines. Yes, he had multiple terrible decisions today, but he throws more passes that show me his potential per game than Mark ever did.

And what does 11-5 in 2010 have to do with anything? That was a 13-14 win team with an average NFL starting QB, as I've illustrated multiple times on this forum with a dazzling statistical display.

12. retroicon

retroicon Member

Best post I've seen on this board in years... :manning:

13. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Some positives:
    - Geno showed resiliency that Sanchez never showed. In games where we were down multiple scores, Sanchez would continue to play terrible throughout the rest of the game. Although the chance of a comeback was slim, Geno continued to go at it and scored a later touchdown and got his completion percentage up to 66%. The fact that he essentially used the 2nd half almost as a live practice session was refreshing compared to Sanchez who would mail it in. If Geno can minimize mistakes and step up more in the pocket, he can improve. I'll give him time.
    -Powell had a decent ypc
    -D line looked good and stopped the run completely

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was on the phone with DirecTV for like 30 minutes because the game was "blacked out" in Los Angeles for some reason....and I was pissed.

While I was on hold, I was following the game thread and was reading how shitty the game was going.

When the customer rep finally picked up, I said "Never mind, I'm good".

Funking Jets.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Positives?

I got nothin'...wait...Simms was not hurt, maybe?

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Peyton did worse in his rookie season so it's okay.

/sarcasm off

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I don't know that looking back to Peyton's time year is relevant, that was a long time ago.

If you compare Geno to his recent peers he's closer to Sanchez/Ponder/Gabbert territory than Wilson/Griffin/Dalton territory.

Not sure there's any way to put a timescale on his development, to say he needs to be doing X by week Y, but we don't have a shot to win any game with those kinds of turnovers in our own half of the field.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

exactly nearly halved the number of penalties compared to last week

that is about the only "positive" to take from this disaster of a game

I now have the same feeling with Geno as I had with Sanchez last year - every time he drops back I am wincing waiting for the pick or fumble or some other comedy disaster to strike.

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I love the way opposing fans have more faith than some of our so called fans.
    Thank you friends.

:up: What really worries me is his extremely casual approach to the game. That fumble for a TD was ridiculous, if I was his team mate I think I would have been right in his face telling him.
    Whilst having a calm demeanour is great, a sense of urgency is also required.

On a different note, what was that crap before the half, we're down a gazillion points and we're just strolling around letting the clock roll and not even trying, shame

Sumday afternoon I'm out shopping for leather sofa's and designer Swedish furniture.
    I've recently sold my Harley ..... is this it for me? She-it!

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Don't agree with that at all. We've seen Sanchez start like crap numerous times only to come back and win us the game. If one thing defined Sanchez, it's that he never gave up, nomatter how hopeless it seemed. Sure there were games when he played badly the whole time, but saying he never stepped up his game later in later quarters is a huge exaggeration, based on short term memory of last season only.

#60 Barcs, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013