It's not the Jets, it's the Refs/league

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bad calls are a part of this game and unfortunately terrible play is also.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummm.. probably not. but please continue to ask me...

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please explain to me how the field position is the d's fault.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

please explain how field position is an excuse for not being able to stop the Titans in the first half.

the defense is held accountable for their play, and they didn't stop the Titans. it isn't as if the Titans started at the 5 on all of their scoring drives.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

now im sure we will blame the refs for that last touchdown...while ugly..that was a touchdown regardless. AC is a solid cb...but this is a horrible secondary to say the least. Too bad because the front 7 is lights out.

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

anybody see the tackle on douzable on the Fitzpatrick "touchdown" pass

7. allan1

allan1 Active Member

hopefully that hip is in 7 pieces by now

but yes it's a penalty. that makes bad calls 11-1 in favor of Tennessee. Whoop de doo.

#27 allan1, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  8. Mac Redstrum

Mac Redstrum Member

lol at chumps that whine about the refs, u cry on the playground too? We got our asses hand to us fair and square. Congrats to Titans fans if any are reading this forum

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The hit on Hill was a no call, Pollard kept hitting guys after they were out of bounds, yet no call.

10. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Bingo. and Dan Beerdorf crying about a late hit on Jake Locker. Jet hating hypocrisy

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You responded to my comment about field position instead of reading it.

I forgive you.

But hey, we'll always have the resounding memory of Geno trying to switch the ball between hands behind his fucking back to comfort us.

I had already agreed that the defense wasn't good. But Geno Smith is undeniably the reason the Jets lost in such embarrassing fashion today, and any argument to the contrary is a fool's errand.

He was the only factor that could not be overcome.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Have you ever watched college refs at work?

13. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The Jets have been screwed by the refs for years. And it will happen again and again. Then you have some say that if the team plays bad, the calls, non- calls against the Jets don't matter. The refs can never decide the outcome of a game.

I think the problems is that the Jets play in the same division as the pats who always get calls in their favor. We had three calls that were reviewed in the pats game and all of them went against the Jets. You would think that we would get at least one.

Let me know when the refs start favoring the Jets and making some bad calls, non-calls against the pats.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm going to preface my comments with this - I'm sure most NFL MBs have threads whining about the refs on Sunday night, and I hate whining about officiating. It surely didn't cost us the game.

Now with that disclaimer in place, holy crap, we have been on the wrong side of so many bullshit calls and no calls. Is there something going on that has led to an officiating bias or is it just us looking through green tinted glasses?

Is it Colon's bitchslap in NE? Is it Rex? Is it the way we play (boring, grind it out football, with a lot of punts)? Is it the lack of star talent at our skill positions? Is it a non-issue that will even itself out over time? I'm flummoxed.

15. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

I seem to remember that we won the first game of this season - just 3 weeks ago - because of a ref's late hit out of bounds call. Is it just certain refs that are against the Jets? Did the refs in the TB game not get the memo?

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That was shoulder to chest. Complain about calls all you want but you gotta be fair, there were no helmets involved in that hit.

_

17. JStokes

whoa.

_

18. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

That was just one game and it was the right call. The last three games the refs definitely had it in for the Jets over and over again.

The refs don't have to screw the Jets every single game. Just enough games to keep them from winning the division.

Let's see if the Jets get the calls in their favor for at half of the games for the rest of the season. That would be fair.

19. JStokes

So the refs purposefully screwing the Jets- how does that happen?

Is it a directive from the league? Does Goodel send out a memo or does he call the crew before the game?

And there are different crews each week, do the crews get together and decide how they are going to screw the Jets? Does a ref from the previous week call the current crew to let them in on the deal?

Is there money involved? Does everyone get a cut or just the refs that call the obviously erroneous calls?

There are about 150 refs in the NFL, are ALL of them in on it or just enough so that at least one is reffing every Jet game?

_

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

this