Positives From Todays Titans Loss....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Weird...usually I'm bummed out after a Jets loss, but instead I feel enthused; like a mechanic that likes fixing things. I was elated after last weeks win over the Bills, but in reality....Jets played a much better Tennessee team today & it showed.

1-Greg Williams is a hell of a Def. Coordinator & it showed. Jets were exposed & I liked it. This way Jets can try to fix it early in season, instead of late in season.

2-Jets Lack of Offensive weapons is/was glaring...RB's & WR's.

3-Jets Special Teams is terrible. Punt coverage & Punt Returning. Jets need a Punt Returner...real bad.

4-LG {Ducasse} is proving to be the biggest weakness in OL.

5-Jaiqwann Jarrett (Safety) needs to play more & Clyde Gates needs to be CUT.

6-Clyde Gates need to be cut & Jets need to bring back Braylon Edwards. Jets have to try to upgrade WR position.

7-Jets need to try to trade Mark Sanchez during season, maybe to Raiders or Jacksonville Jets need to try to get a draft pick for him.

8-Geno Smith....I was not pleased with the turnovers, but I see that the Jets have alot of problems on team, but QB is not one of them. I liked that Geno threw alot in loss, because with every throw, he is getting more comfortable with the NFL. Put some blocking & weapons around him & Geno can get job done. Jets tried to feature the running game, but they need more than 1 RB...lol. Goodson will be eligible to play this week & it will be nice to get a look at him.

It will be interseting to see what, if any changes Jets will make.

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Those are not positives

3. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Re: #7. Mark Sanchez will be 3rd in Oakland's Depth Chart. Genius.

4. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Not sure how most of these points that you have listed are positives. There weren't many positives you could draw from this game, aside from a decent defensive performance. It didn't seem like the team from last week showed up today at all from the first quarter. Nobody played with intensity. The only positive I can take from this is that this performance is not representative of what a fired up Jets team can play like.

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Even in this debacle, Geno shows me more flashes (standing in and delivering while taking hits, touch passes, superior arm strength) than Mark has in 4 years.

6. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Since Miami wasn't on today, I watched the Jets specifically to get a feel for Geno. To me, he absolutely has the physical traits to be a QB. He made some nice throws and has a great athletic ability about him to buy more time.

His problems seem largely based in the mental aspects of the game. Taking awful sacks by continuously backpedaling is something he will learn from. Carrying the ball carelessly while running is another DOH mistake. I was impressed by some of the throws he made.

Give him some time and I think he will be ok ... maybe not a top 5 QB but certainly more than serviceable. He has nobody to throw to other than Winslow and Holmes who is constantly hobbled.

I say patience Jet fans, but I know that is not easy ... I've been waiting 13 years and hopeful we have finally found our guy.

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Uh, Tommy Bohanon caught a dump off and bounced around like a drunken sailer with about 3 minutes to go. I thought that was pretty funny. Anyone want to make a gif of that for me?

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The only positive I took from this game is that Geno Smith aint our franchise QB.Yea he has a big arm alot of dogshit qb's have big arms.His descison making and his awarness are horrible.He needs the oline to give him 40 seconds to make a throw.He isnt good at making quick decisons

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We were once impressed by alot of throws Sanchez made not to long ago. Hes turning the ball over faster then Sanchez

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Bilal Powell looked solid and he's getting better every week

That's honestly the only positive.

11. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

My exact thoughts in words - He isn't learning at all from his mistakes - i know it is early in a young career... but I just dont see it..

12. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Seriously? I mean SERIOUSLY!!!

GTFO with this shit. I'm sorry. It's like people don't remember the year we went 11-5. Geno was terrible today. Absolutely awful. How much touch did he have on that throw to Hill? Enough to get him killed. In fact there's no question he's the primary reason as to why we lost.

The jury is still way out on this kid and more days like today will have me clamoring for a QB in next year's draft. It's too bad we fucked up the last first rounder at QB that we had with the absolute debacle that was the 2012 New York Jets. Look at Schotty and Sparano and then tell me with a straight face that #6 EVER had a competent offensive coordinator.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Positives from today:

1. Geno threw 2 interceptions and had 2 fumbles lost.
    2. We got our ass kicked by the Titans.
    3. We fell to 2-2 instead of 3-1 heading into a tough stretch of games.
    4. Hill and Holmes are injured.
    5. We had 10+ penalties.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ready yourself, you're going to get yelled at.

_

15. Run_N_gun10

I read all the comments & Geno has to get better in the mental aspects of the game. It came down to Tennessee is just a better team at this time.
    I like what I see from Geno, but he has no one to throw to.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We should build on these positives next week

17. foreboding

foreboding Member

Raiders have two QB's that are probably better than Franchize.

18. Run_N_gun10

Jets are 2-2. Enjoy the ride.

19. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I don't care. Anyone that looks at today's game and tells me they think that OUT OF THIS GAME, Geno is going to be better then Mark was is stupid and is engaging in some SERIOUS REVISIONIST HISTORY.

The argument is moot as it's obvious the organization has turned the page on Sanchez. So we roll with Geno no matter what, even through games like this. Win-loss record is the most important factor for one person and that's Rex because he's coaching for his job. For us fans, and really for the whole organization this season needs to give us a firm foundation of knowledge that #7 is the answer because if he isn't 2014 is too loaded with QB's in the draft not to go out and get one. The record is secondary unless you're a total fucking retard and you think this team had the look of a super bowl contender.

20. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

It was his fourth start. Chill out