TGG.com FFKL 2013 Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Sep 10, 2013.

1. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I'm kind of regretting dropping him for Mcgayhee

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Looking to make some sort of trade with either one of my Patriot guys (Amendola or Thompkins, Gronk is a maybe) or trade a QB (Cutler/Dalton) along with a RB (CJ2k, Alfred Morris, or Dary Richardson) for either an upgrade at WR, RB, or QB.

Let me know fellas!

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Would you do Josh Gordon for Gronkowski?

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah if Miles Austin didn't get hurt maybe it'd be different, but it's my own fault - shoulda taken a risk during the draft and redrafted Gordon as my #4 receiver instead of playing it safe drafting Miles (haha).

I think Michael will be really good too, it's just a matter of how long it'll take since Marshawn probably isn't going anywhere in the immediate future. It was creative of you to get Maclin in the deal...assuming he comes back healthy he could be pretty good in that offense next year. But he wasn't a high priority for me with Cruz/Garcon/Roddy as my WR keepers.

I do like Miller (and needed another RB anyway), his main problem is his head coach is an idiot who's obsessed with Daniel Thomas and his 3 YPC :smile:

#24 NYJFan10, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  5. JohnnyThaJet

Gotta see how Gronk bounces back. I like Gordon, but Gronk when healthy is my best player.

6. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

At least two undefeated teams are going to lose this week. I beat one of them without my QB or Flex doing anything yet. The other one is a matchup of unbeatens so one of them has to lose.

I think we just had the smallest spread in league history with a .1 spread in my game against Wyoming.

7. wildthing202

Well 200 happened, I got the 1st regular season 200+ week thanks to Brees and Sproles.

8. Organized Chaos

It's so hard to pass on a guy like Miles Austin because he was playing at a pretty high level for two seasons. I drafted him in one or two leagues, just on the thought that teams would roll coverage to Dez and Austin should be productive because of that. I don't know what's up with that guys hamstring.

Funny Miles Austin story: A friend of mine used to lift with a guy who was Miles Austin's teammate at Monmouth. The year Austin broke out, I made my buddy ask about him. The guys response: "None of us can believe it. We didn't even think he was the best player on the team".

It's difficult to tell. Lynch has the DUI hanging over his head, so maybe if Marshawn catches a game or two suspension at the start of next season Michael gets an opportunity to start those games and show what he's got next season? Who knows.

Yeah I thought I had to get a bit more since I was trading a starter for backup behind a strong starter. I wanted to make something that worked for both of us. I figured Maclin didn't have much value to you since he's on IR, you are loaded at WR, and have a team that can actually win this year.

For me Maclin is another option as a keeper, since I'm really thin on those. Maclin was in a contract year, so who knows where he will land, but maybe he will be in a good place. If so I can think about keeping him.

My Keepers were a mess this year. I kept Flacco, Palmer, Mike Wallace and Doug Martin. I could have kept Jennings, but I'm glad I didn't.

Next year I'm looking at:

Flacco (Unless I can trade him, I'm accepting offers everyone..Hell I'm accepting offers for any player!)
    Martin
    Gordon
    Crabtree

It's not great, but it's not horrible.

After those I just can hope that one of these guys shows enough this year, or next preseason to keep:

Andre Ellington- I'm pretty optimistic about him, maybe he takes the job in ARI.

Christine Michael- Def keeping him if he shows any signs of getting work in SEA.

Eddie Lacy- Could be a keeper, at least I'll know how good he is by next August.

Cordarrelle Patterson- Underutilized, stuck in Ponderer/Cassel hell. Probably won't see enough of him to make a judgement.

Michael Floyd- Disappointing so far.

Tavon Austin- Talented but he's on a bad team. I wish we had drafted him. I was hoping he'd get more runs out of the backfield in a Sproles type role. Sadly he's stuck with shotty as his OC. On the other hand they do make a point to try to force the ball to him which is nice.

Marlon Brown- Interesting story, but I doubt he's going to finish up all that well with Flacco even if he wins the #2 job.

He's a nice back in a PPR this deep. I don't understand the Daniel Thomas thing. Miller went for 5.6 a carry last night. I remember a drive in the first half, where Miller was running well, then they pulled him for Thomas on a third and 1 and of course Thomas got stuffed. I get that Thomas is the bigger back, but Miller has much better vision. Silly Dolphins.

#28 Organized Chaos, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  9. JohnnyThaJet

what will it take for Martin? Im willing to give up something decent for him.

10. Organized Chaos

I'd like to trade him in some type of package for an elite QB. Ideally I'd like Rodgers, but I don't think that is happening since my teams owner traded Rodgers away last year for Martin and Flacco.

I have to see how my other running backs pan out before thinking about what else I'd give him up for. But I'm always up for a trade. :)

#30 Organized Chaos, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  11. NYJFan10

Most of the elite QB's are in my division lol (Peyton, Brees and Rodgers are 1-2-3 in average, plus AvU has RG3 as well). I'd be like leading two divisions on points but in a division with two behemoth teams I pretty much need a massive winning streak to save my season, since it probably will take at least 9 and possibly 10 wins to make a wild-card spot, or 10-11 to win a division.

EDIT: Actually my memory was wrong...the last playoff team made it at 8-5 last year. I thought for some reason AvU was 10-3 as well. So maybe I'd have a shot at 8-5 if I keep up a high point total/beat the right teams but would rather have at least 9 ;)

At least I've been able to transition to a semi-younger, deeper team the last couple years - my keepers last year in my first full season here were Peyton, Roddy, Fred Jackson, Andre Johnson and Donald Brown (ick...learned that lesson this year and didn't keep a marginal guy like D.Richardson just for the sake of keeping a younger 'starting' RB). After this year it'll probably be Peyton, Roddy, Cruz, Garcon, Gio and maybe Miller if he actually gets the load in the second half.

Hah...if there's one week I could use him it'd be this week with Roddy still hurting and playing the Jets, and Garcon on bye. Funny thing about his so-called injury history is he actually played 16 games three of the prior four years, but yeah he does seem more brittle than that.

#31 NYJFan10, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  12. JohnnyThaJet

Sent you an offer that I think really helps you fill out your roster. See what you think.

13. Organized Chaos

I'm not too interested in Chris Johnson. I'd probably need to see more from Thomas before I'd trade someone as valuable as Martin for him. Really Thomas has a great first game and since then has had good games for a TE but I don't think he's in that category with Gronk and Jimmy Graham who are the TE's you'd trade for a top RB.

14. JohnnyThaJet

Id be willing to trade Gronk in some sort of deal for Martin, he isn't exactly untouchable.

15. NYJFan10

Wow I really thought I had zero chance to win at 4 PM, even with Peyton having another big game - and I wouldn't have had a shot if it wasn't for the other stuff that happened. My utter desperation Terrence Williams play was my all-time Hail Mary throw lol, and the Arizona defense helped me out bigtime keeping the Panther contingent in check.

Hopefully something else screwy doesn't happen with Watt, Butler and Bullock somehow combining for 46 points and I'll still be alive.

#35 NYJFan10, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  16. Organized Chaos

I thought Terrence Williams was a good pickup. I didn't think he was going to do that well though. lol.

17. Organized Chaos

YES! I finally traded for a Quarterback! I got Manning!

Oh wait, it's Eli Manning. [​IMG]

18. wildthing202

1st strike of the year goes to Oregon for a missing TE and a CB on a bye, also thanks for the win.

19. NYJFan10

I was vacilating between Austin and Williams the hour before kickoff...of course I made the wrong choice. I figured they'd at least throw to Austin a few times in the slot though if it wasn't PPR I would have gone with Williams.

Of course this has to be the one week Peyton gives just about all of his TD's to Moreno and Welker. Which didn't even help in my other league where I own Moreno cause again I lost to an opponent with an abnormally high point total there (I'm averaging 120 PPG there and am somehow 3-3). I'm so glad I don't play these leagues for money, I'd be in therapy.

#39 NYJFan10, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  20. Organized Chaos

What are the keeper rules again? I can't find the old 'draft' thread.

We can keep 6? Or 7 if two are defensive players?