2013 Week 4 - New York Jets @ Tennessee Titans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fozzi58, Sep 22, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Ouch! Nicely done

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The Pats' receivers were so wide open because as soon as Rex saw they couldn't catch a cold he pulled all his double teams and safeties off the field. Rex played with just 6 defenders the whole game. Rex thought MM & Geno could put up 14 pts and win the game easily. :rofl:

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We should be 3-0,we shoulda beat The Patriots,They had more punts then first downs for the first time in Belicheat era

#103 LongIslandBlitz, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. Altoon82

Altoon82 New Member

Got it. We should have lost to Tampa Bay at home.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Can't disagree. The pats should have beaten a Jets team that was ranked last in the league prior to the start of the season and was fielding a rookie QB with one game of NFL experience by probably 5 scores.

Funny thing though... the last time the Pats played a Jets team with a rookie QB in week two, they were also facing a rookie HC and didn't have any of the excuses they had this year and still got smacked in the mouth with a loss.

Jets fans need to accept the loss to the Pats just as Pats fans need to understand that their team played like shit against a huge underdog and barely eeked out a win.

6. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Both teams played like ass, and I'm a Pats fan, I have no issue admitting it.

Your defense is ferocious and you've been without Revis for nearly (maybe over?) a year now and not much of a difference is really noticeable in your pass defense as a whole and your front seven looks better almost every game.

Your offense made plenty of mistakes, some forced, some unforced, as did ours.

We're breaking in 3 rookie receivers (2 quite heavily) and have been missing our #1 receiver since week 1 and the best tight end in the NFL hasn't played a snap yet. These aren't excuses, they're facts. We overcame all these issues and put just enough points up to seal the win.

You guys are breaking in a rookie QB with a few new faces on offense as well. It showed. You were a few plays away from winning the game, just as we were a few plays away from having a more comfortable lead.

We'll be two entirely different teams when we meet again, you'll be facing our offense with (hopefully) Thompkins and Dobson more settled in along with Gronkowski and Amendola returning.

We'll be facing a defense who will probably be around 25 sacks midway through the season and a rookie QB who should be more confident and settling in and you'll have your most dependable receiver (in my opinion) in Kerley back for this matchup.

These are the facts. It was about as close of a game as you can get, nothing was pretty. The scoreboard still says New England won though, so no, you shouldn't be 3-0. You're 2-1 as the final score of each week indicates and I look forward to the next game where we could be surprisingly talking about playoff implications.

Random note: The AFCE currently has the most wins in the NFL with a pair of unbeatens, a 2-1, and a 1-2 team, giving us 9 wins. The AFCW has 8 wins, and next up after that is a few with 6 wins. Meanwile, the "fearsome" and "best division in football" NFCE is sitting at a league-low 3 wins.

#106 strngplyr, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  7. abyzmul

Good post. Now that we have that out of the way, maybe people can get past the fucking Pats game and continue talking about the Titans game, because that loss still makes me sick to my stomach.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

9. abyzmul

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don't disagree with you one bit. Your assessment is pretty reasonable. My only point is the Jets really don't have anyone to blame but themselves for the NE loss.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Shit I knew it. Our secondary is the weak link this year. And Wilson will probably get time out there this weekend.

12. abyzmul

Don't be surprised if Walls is CB2 this weekend. Wilson was drafted as slot, and while he sucks at it, he is a complete disaster at CB2.

Walls has turned some heads in the last couple of weeks.

13. NewYorkEveryThing

I liked walls and was praying he did not get cut . We looked like we were holding only 5 CB's at the 53 cutdown day. Good thing Rex likes his DB's.

14. NewYorkEveryThing

Hope Rex and co. Got some good packages in the works this week. Locker is Big and kinda slow. he has a cannon arm and some good players. Shonne greene home coming.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Lets win this game, go play a 1-3 Falcons and an 0-4 Steelers. Can't Wait.

16. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

FWIW the line opened at -7 and is now down to -3.5

17. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Cant wait for sunday

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Looking for two things this weekend. 1. How many picks Geno throws and 2. If the defense can keep us in the game.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

How wonderfully narrow minded of you. You could have more fun watching Jacksonville.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Not jumping to any conclusions, since the Titans are no joke. But 3-1 would set this team up for the year.
    The AFC is top heavy, and not many teams stick out as sure fire wild card competitors-go division by division in your head and try to honestly say "oh, they'll obviously make it". That being said, despite the upcoming rough stretch (Falcons in Atlanta on MNF... ew, Patriots, Bengals and Saints later) the Jets schedule still includes matchups against:
    -A depleted Steelers team
    -Bills
    -Raiders
    -Panthers
    -Browns
    All 5 of those are very winnable games, which would already put us at 8. Not to mention if we could steal a couple from the Pats (proved we are capable), Dolphins (twice), or Ravens, that sets up for a sizable amount of wins.
    Now, this is all banking on "IF"s, and I'm probably way ahead of myself after 3 games, but hey, that's what this page is for...