All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I love living in Tampa.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It was very awkward. I liked the documentary until they decided to blame the Jets for Revis being traded.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Is it me? I feel like I haven't heard shit about Revis since he's gone to a smaller market.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Well it is the Jets fault. Bad contracts leading to no cap room is why he is gone. Its not like Revis wanted to be traded.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Revis did want an unrealistic amount of money, though, and it would have crippled the team. That's the reason they traded him. The Revis contract in 2010 caused a lot of talent to leave after the season, and if we had appeased him again, the same thing would have happened after this year. There's more money to go around now. Yeah, Tanny could have done better with contracts, but if Revis didn't want such a high payday for a corner, it wouldn't have been an issue. I'd bet we'd have payed him up to 13 million. It's true that there is no point in having the best D if your offense can't score. Revis made a shit ton from the Jets, including during the year he was injured and in 2010 where he missed at least 5 games with that pulled hammy directly related to holding out. He should have been willing to take a hometown discount because of all that money he got for not playing. It's not like his family's hurting without it. Dude made something like 32 million in a single season with that contract. It's Revis' fault.

#285 Barcs, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  6. 101GangGreen101

Revis wanted to be paid like a QB and held-out twice. The writing was on the wall, we had no choice but to trade him.

They still painted it as if it's all the Jets fault. Tannebaum, Revis's agents were both at fault.

7. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

i know it's only 3 games, but this go to show you, no matter how talented you are, unless you're the QB, you don't deserve QB money because you can't do anything more than shutdown 1 player each snap. Mevis is Tampa's problem now, i didn't complain about the trade and i'm even more than satisfied with it now.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Just a shame we didn't ask for this years first round pick from Tampa instead. Bridgewater would be in green n' white.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It was probably Tampa's decision to give this year's pick after evaluating the talent at the draft

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Poor Revis, still being forced to play zone

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nobody earning 16 million dollars in one year well ever be considered poor.

12. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Revis is the highest rated corner through week 3 according to pro football focus. Guy is as good as it gets. I couldn't disagree anymore with people now claiming 16 million for a corner is bad because of team record. He has improved that Tampa defense tremendously. They got 12 sacks in 3 games with no big pass rusher kind of like what we had last few years. You look at any teams roster and you will find a team overpaid for a player that doesn't give them much. With Revis you know your getting the best.

You could still afford your qb. If Freeman was playing well the Bucs could of afforded to give him a big extension.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Darrelle Revis is the only reason that he's in Tampa.

14. Br4d

Nobody ever argued that Revis wasn't the best CB. That's not the issue. What people spent a lot of time arguing was that you could have the best CB and still go 0-3. That makes paying that CB as if he was a QB a self-defeating proposition. Because if you have the best QB you are never going 0-3.

15. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Eli Manning is 0-3. Last I checked he is making close to 100 million dollars and has 2 superbowl rings. Aaron Rodgers is 1-2. The guy is pretty good. Matt Ryan 1-2. You can keep going.

But yes it's Revis fault his Lb pushes Geno late too cost his team one win and his kicker misses a 47 yarder for another win.

Comeon! Such a idiotic argument. When JJ Watt gets 16 plus million a year will you complain too??

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is exactly the way I view it as well. I'm all for good players getting plaid, but not breaking the market. Revis wanted to get the most out of every paycheck from the start and that is his right, but it made him a distraction.

17. 101GangGreen101

Your post is irrelevant to the discussion. The fact of the matter is, Revis is being paid all that money and they have yet to win a game. Sure they are a better team, but you are what your record tells you. His value on the field is not 16M at the end of the day. You are also comparing the most important position in football the QB position to a CB.

The Bucs are still 0-3 at the end of the day that's all that matters. Leave the hypothetical bs to the birds.

Btw JJ Watt is a better defensive player and has more of an impact on the field then Revis.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

comparing jj watt to revis is pretty idiotic. jj watt is closer to be worth 16 a year than revis is. watt is a factor and has an oppurtunity to effect every snap. you can't gameplan around him by not throwing towards him. he has to be accounted for at all times and double teamed ,chipped and run away from. revis you can just stay away from and he is not a factor.

19. Br4d

Eli Manning is not the best QB in the business by a longshot.

No, it's not Revis fault that his LB gave the Jets a long FG that they hit and his own K missed a long one.

It's not his fault that Peyton Manning picked apart the Jets in the 2009 AFC Championship Game in the 2nd half and beat them (it really isn't Revis fault.) It's not his fault that the Steelers owned the Jets in the 1st half in the 2010 AFCCG and that a nickel CB got beat for the game-clinching 1st down in the 4th quarter (it's really isn't Revis fault.)

It's not his fault that you can be the best CB in existence and play for a bad team. It's not Revis fault that any of the above are true.

He's a CB. He's a great player. Great CB's mean nothing in the championship conversation unless they are the maraschino cherry on top of a gorgeous sundae ready to win it all.

If great CB's were key to winning championships people like Champ Bailey and Darrelle Revis would have a fistful of rings to show off.

We're in the NFL in 2013. The teams that win championships tend to do it out of a spread offense that spreads the ball around a lot.

Have you noticed that Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson don't have any rings either?

Have you noticed that Randy Moss retired without a ring?

If those guys were winning championships then maybe a great CB like Revis would mean more in the overall championship conversation.

20. Br4d

If what you're focused on is getting the absolute maximum compensation you can and you're willing to take hostages at every opportunity to make that happen the odds are pretty good you're going to make every dollar that is possibly out there.

That was Revis focus. That's why he is not a Jet any longer. The Jets got tired of dealing with hostage situations and they got what they could for him.

His uncle was the same way and he moved around some too.

I have no problem with NFL players getting well compensated for what they do. I think the teams have the upper hand in most of the negotiations and that's not really fair.

I do have a problem with having my team, the Jets, pay the price for all the shenanigans that goes on in club-player relations. The reason I have a problem with that is the competitive disadvantage that accrues when you're one of the few teams getting your toes roasted over an open fire while the main issue goes unaddressed in most of the contracts.