One of the worst head coaching games ever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaywayne12, Sep 22, 2013.

1. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Wut? 500+ yards of total offense..

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

problem with your post is that because of greater results for McCarthy or Payton you then conclude that it must mean they have a greater handle on all three phases rather than answer the actual question -- what exactly do they do for all phases of the team? that is starting with a conclusion and working backwards, and not answering the question.

3. JetBlue

Rex sure is a shitty coach. he had his team prepared to the extent that the offense put up 500 yards, the defense had 8 sacks, and overall the team controlled the majority of the game.

none of that matters.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Dont worry they all want him fired and they all want an offensive guy to replace him.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

If somebody is calling for Rex's head after a 2-1 Start that very well good have been 3-0 when most pundits were having us win three games all year is most likely a Pats or Miami fan. The funny part is how much attention this thread has gotten including by me.

Remember when we were supposed to be the worst team in the NFL.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They also had 1 thing in common....... A QUARTERBACK

7. JetBlue

And in the case of the Saints a below average defense. It isn't as if they won those Super Bowl because Payton's coaching raised the defense to championship caliber defense, they were carried by the offense, which just happens to be the head coaches expertise. What a coincidence!

#167 JetBlue, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

definitely a poor game from the sideline and officiating....but rex is nowhere near the cluster fuks we use to see from herm.

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

What a series, he should have been cut right on the spot

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Shame what they did to Walt Michaels, he was furious and he was right, wish he would have gotten his hands on Shuls

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rex has got to keep his fucking head sometimes. He needs to stop challenging the spot of the ball. Even if its a horrible spot, they NEVER overturn that.

Rex gets so pissed that he instantly reaches for his challenge flag. He has got to stop that shit. A head coach doesn't let his emotions get the best of him and make rash decisions like that. That's what a coordinator or a rookie HC does and Rex deserves all the criticism in the world for things like that.

12. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

They won because of REX's defense, thats the only reason they win, for the past few years. Monday morning QB decisions all you want, they are 2-1. Hes an outstanding coach and a defensive genious, but hes human. If you think they win in spite of him your wrong.

13. JetBlue

The Bengals won yesterday when Marvin Lewis challenged a spot, got a first down overturned to 4th and inches, then returned a fumble for a Td on the very next play that they had stuffed and would have prevented the first down anyways.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

If you want to get on Rex, get on him for discipline if anything with penalties. According to many at the game, they felt the challenges were warranted.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread but I thought it fit here also.

For all the Morons getting on Rex don't you think he might have given MM a little help in game planning against Pettine?

Rex and Marty took the Bills coaching staff to school last night on both sides of the ball.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Personally wasn't a fan of the challenges and think he could have pulled Wilson out at least one play earlier to prevent that last penalty before he did yank him but a lot of that is hindsight (although at the time I was screaming at the TV).

I don't know if it was the "worst coached game of all time" or whatever but it definitely wasn't a game I would put at the top of my resume if I was Rex.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good for them. But Marvin Lewis doesn't challenge that spot of the ball play like Rex did last night.

Obviously there are singular circumstances where they overturn the spot of the ball, but numbers wise it is not advantageous what-so-ever to challenge it. You almost have to assume they AREN'T going to overturn it, that's how difficult a challenge it is.

Yet this head coach loves that challenge more than any coach I've seen.. he continues to get burned on it too.

18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You would sacrifice all that Rex Ryan brings to the table, which is a lot, for some challenge flag decisions that were probably not even made by him but someone upstairs? Not Rex's best game, but we could easily be sitting here at 3-0 right now. Ill take 2-1 going into Tennesse and Im not sure there are many other HC's who could do that with this team.

I honestly feel like New York fans just need someone to complain about all the time. Somebody's head has always gotta be rollin'. You can criticize and analyze all you want, but to say he should be fired is laughable.

19. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Dumbest
    Fanbase
    After
    A
    Narrow
    Win

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

And most people around here believed it too. Now we're winning games and it's not enough for those some people who thought we'd be horrible.