Annual "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" Bills Troll Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RutgersJET, Sep 22, 2013.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

And the Giants have looked terrible all season. What is your point here? You can't play a week to week team versus team thing in the NFL. In 2010 the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs who beat the Packers in regular season. Ergo the Jets won the Superbowl that season. There is your genius logic at work.

Just because you think the Jets sucked today doesn't mean it's true. 8 sacks and 500 yards of offense compared to 0 sacks and 300 yards of offense. Manuel looked like a turd and was never comfortable compared to Geno in the pocket.

If the Jets need to improve one thing it's penalties. Without them the Bills lose by a minimum of 14 points.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

2. timekills

timekills Member

Umm. Who exactly are you calling an inbred Bills fan? Sorry I wasn't enamored of the play by the Jets today. I think they beat a bad Bills team. I hope that Geno plays more like the last half of the fourth quarter today than last week, but he still threw two interceptions, and (captain obvious here) way too many penalties today. I think the Jets played better against the Pats than the Bills. Minus Geno - which might be the most important part for the future, admittedly.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Not trash talking, but just pointing out that your offensive coordinator is the son of Paul Hackett, who Jets fans are very familiar with. That alone is reason for pessimism concerning the Bills. Not saying the son will be exactly like the father, but a lot of what the Bills O showed today was eerily reminiscent of Paul.

4. SienaSaints

Although you cannot say that the game ends the same way but your only touchdown drive was aided with at least 40 yards of penalties. The Jets had 3 touchdown drives that were legitimate. That is the difference as to why the Jets didn't play poorly. They finished drives, the Bills didn't.

5. timekills

timekills Member

Damnit, man, ENGLISH. DO YOU SPEAK IT?
    rholt168 was whining that Bills fans couldn't admit that the Bills played badly because a good Jets team made them look bad. I was saying maybe you'd believe that is true, maybe the Bills are good since they beat the Panthers, and if so, then the Jets must be very good.

I don't believe it, and still think a bad Jets team (today) beat an even worse Bills team. I'm not arguing that the Panthers are good. Go take it up with whiny rholt168. You're debating with the wrong guy. I agree - the Bills were/are BAD. The Jets were better, but in MY OPINION still were bad today. 500 yards be damned, the Bills had no defense, and half their starters were out. It matters. It's not an excuse, it's a concern.

6. timekills

timekills Member

MY only touchdown? I don't play for the Bills. Just because I don't think the Jets played well...sheesh never mind. Next I'll be accused of being a Pats or Dolphins fan.

Regardless, the Bills offense was bad today, was bad last week, and bad against the Pats. Hackett the younger is as bad as Hackett the elder. The TD wasn't only aided by penalties, it was aided by a missed fumble by the refs. All of this still goes toward my point that I find it humorous that the Bills are idiots for celebrating the win last week, yet the Jets have turned the corner because they beat the Bills.

7. SienaSaints

I'm assuming that you are a Bills fan. So I called them your team. Sorry. I would never say my touchdown when the Jets score so I do apologize for that.

I also don't think I ever said that the Bills were idiots here. I think it's foolish to say that the Jets played poorly when they had their most offensive yards in the Rex Ryan era, the most sacks by the team since 1988 and only allowed one TD penalty and non fumble call aided, but it was still a TD. It was also the first time since 1985 that the Jets had a 300 yard passer, a 100 yard rusher and a 100 yard reciever in the same game. That right there just proves that they didn't play poorly. Sometimes the score doesn't show the dominance of the game.

And how many staters were out for the Bills 2 maybe 3? Since when is that half of 11? I think the game will be closer next time since it will be in Buffalo and Byrd and Gilmore will play, but if the Jets have the same stats then as they did today they win by 2 touchdowns next time.

#67 SienaSaints, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. timekills

timekills Member

You make a convincing point. Looking forward to the Jets beating up on the Dolphins!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

9. SienaSaints

If the Jets were to play the Dolphins now I don't know if they'd win. I think it's competitive. But, Tannehill has been very good. Although, even many in the media are finally admitting that the Jets defense alone will keep them in games.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Jets should be 2-1, Bills should be 1-2. Simple as that.

11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Honestly, Jets should be 2-1 like they are, but we should have lost against TB and won against NE.... either way, I'll take 2-1 and a solid sign of progress and a good future ahead.

12. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Guys who played for 3/4 of the game doing nothing then going out due to injury don't count as "not playing." They played for a while, and didn't do shit.... guy goes down with 1 minute to go in the fourth and your excuse is he wasn't on the field for the defense all game. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Not to mention you keep turning to Spiller as your excuse, but on 10 carries he only had 9 yards and then went down in the third..... that's different from missing the game entirely.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thats pretty much it.

14. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

You guys feel good about that win? A win is a win, but that was not good football at all. Your defense is great, i have said a bunch of time Rex is the best defensive coach in football. That may be the #1 D in football and they were healthy. Not a good match for a rookie. Rookies vs #1 D's like that always struggle it seems.

The Bills on the other hand had safties playing CB. A guy that will be cut as soon as our top 3 CB's are healthy gave up over 200 yards passing.

It could be a confidence builder for Geno, but that was a bad football game.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Both teams have excuses for poor performances. Say what you want about the Bills personnel woes, how many teams in NFL history have had 20 penalties in a game and won? The Bills will get better when those guys get healthy, however you can't ignore how hard the Jets tried to give the game away and couldn't.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's always a "bad football game" where your team is on the losing end. The only thing overly bad about the Jets in that game were the penalties, bad is under statement.

But the Jets dominated in the game. Over 500 total yards of offense. They had both big plays and a consistent dominate rushing attack.

Defensively they sacked the opposing QB 8 Times and made him struggle for the whole game.

The Jets dominated in all facets of that game. It wasn't as if both teams were struggling all day and the Jets got a fluke turnover or something to win. The only team that was playing bad football was Buffalo, and that's because the Jets had something to do with it. Of course Jets fans are going to feel good about the win.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Wahhh excuses. That wahbulamce is right outside your door! Surely that ass is hurting!

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

All I can say is CJ who??? ZERO fantasy points and I totally called it. In my family league I put on the smacktalk board before the game. "The Jets will shut down Spiller and your team will choke!!!" Sure enough Spiller doesn't do squat!

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If you mean watching EJ Manuel hitting the deck all day, then yes.

20. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

I appreciate the Bills fans that are showing up after the loss. But every one of them is trying to diminish the win. The Jets looked pretty good, offense clicked, defense played well. The penalties are a concern and made the game look sloppier for the Jets, but that is NOT as hard to fix as other problems. The Jets under Rex have not been a highly penalized team, that area will improve.

Whatever deficiencies the Bills had (injuries, etc) may have aided our production, but all that means is you may or may not be able to put much stock in it. It wasn't bad by any means, unless you think we should have gotten 600 yards against? The offense showed encouragement. I don't understand the assessment that both teams sucked in the game.

Good game to the Bills fans. EJ had flashes and was obviously up against a good defense. I like that he doesn't make many mistakes and is willing to scramble. I look forward to the next match.