Get Kyle Wilson off this team after this game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ultrajet

ultrajet Active Member

And to top off another historically bad game by Wilson, he even screws up the postgame interview.."no comment" my a$$...send his a$$ packing tomorrow..

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I feel like Wilson had one bad drive and everyone missed every single other drive he had. Again I agree he hasn't lived up to being a toss up pick between Haden and him, but I think he's solid depth and it would be a mistake to cut him because of one bad drive.

3. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

1. He's always made me cringe whenever a pass is thrown his way, simply because he virtually NEVER looks for the ball
    2. His showboating after an unsuccessful throw (even if he had nothing to do with it) is just fucking annoying
    3. He is NOT dependable on the outside. Having starters on the outside being occasional liabilities as it is (Cro and Milliner) is enough already. I feel MUCH safer with Walls.
    4. Can we please move along with letting Walls having a go? Walls look the most similar to Revis than anyone else at CB.
    • But Rex loves his Kyle... so nvm.

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I give props to Stevie Johnson. He knew the refs were watching #20 so he put a little act on. He tied a hook, put some bait on it & Wilson proved himself to be an idiot by taking it all the way.

Dont worry about hurting the team or even winning the game, KW. What matters is that you've got your Street Cred.

5. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Btw, is it too soon to dub him KFW?

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I actually thought he looked pretty good in coverage, but holy shit were the penalties pissing me off. You cn't let someone like Stevie Johnson get under your skin.

In other news, Milliner rebounded very well this week.

7. DanR

DanR Active Member

The 3rd penalty call on Kyle Wilson was silly. He didnt even do anything. Stevie basically flopped.

Before all the penalties I was gonna say Wilson played a good game. I noticed that he turns his head now. *shrugs*

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

officially a bust

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's not a overreaction if this guy builds his game like Cromartie but lacks the talent but has a similar IQ. The man causes PI's, and has short arms so he gets beat on big plays constantly. Even as a Nickel he stinks.

10. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

agreed. The last penalty on him was kinda BS though, but looks like the refs were taking charge at that point.

11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

One bad drive? The guy has been a disaster for 3 years now.

12. DanR

DanR Active Member

I wont argue with this. :rofl:

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He obviously got baited and the refs did call a flop on that last one, but he played tough and physical most of the game, he just let his emotions get the best of him on that ridiculous penalty drive. I can't even call it a real drive because the majority was penalty yards. He ain't going anywhere. LOL at cutting him after this game.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This guy's fucking awful

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

why wasn't Dee playing more? in the snaps I saw him in, he played great.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He got benched last week for playing like shit.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson is an average NFL CB. He's better than people give him credit for. That last penalty was bs.

18. Mr. Green Pants

Yeah. Wilson was dreadful today, he deserved to get yanked, and he's very close to earning the dreaded "bust" label. That being said, in a league where corner depth is essential, there's really no sense in cutting him.

19. Cunninglinguist

Cunninglinguist Active Member

Wilson celebrating after every incomplete throw is not just annoying, it shows how small time he is. Unlike Walls, who reacts like its nothing new to him.

Wilson tries too hard to be perceived as something he knows he isn't. Moreover, being baited by an opponent into penalizing the team, shows that he is clearly not smart enough to be a winner at his level, but fact that he perceives being thought of as a tough guy is more important that the success of the team is not only selfish, its cancerous. He will never be good, because hes got a small change mentality and there's not much that can be done about that.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

5 penalties in 4 plays...lol