CDC: Prescription Painkillers More Lethal Than Cocaine and Heroin

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Sep 20, 2013.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

CDC: Prescription Painkillers More Lethal Than Cocaine and Heroin

2. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Pain don't hurt!

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Of course prescription pain killers are more potent than Heroin. I expect my Doctor to be able to fuck me up more then Julio.

4. abyzmul

Potent? Did you read the article?

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

We have a lot of CVS and Walgreens here,ad they are always getting held up ,and guess what they take. Not cash. Then they end up in the schools.

#5 typeOnegative13NY, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Say what now?

Edit---- I get it now. U high right now, nigga?

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Ohhh held up he means. Yeah it shouldn't surprise anyone. I think it's wrong to say it's "more lethal." It's just easier to get.

8. abyzmul

I know you are young. I was young in the 80s and they made crack and heroin sound like a death sentence on the nightly news.

And if you do them, they are, after a while.

Those were and are illegally procured substances.

Do I really need to say anything else?

Pharmas are killing our people on purpose.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Half assed reporting and terrible explanations.

Cocaine and heroin are deadlier than painkillers, but I wouldn't expect some dipshit report to know any basic science even if it's what he's reporting on.

The reason more people are dying from painkillers than coke/heroin is because of it's availability and how cheap it can be.

10. abyzmul

Hey look, dumbfuck of the year is trying to make a point without any basis behind it.

Hey dumbfuck of the year, you are required in the Jets forum thread where you embarrassed yourself.

11. typeOnegative13NY

damnit,i have a lot of broken keys on this laptop

12. typeOnegative13NY

also,a key ingredient in just about every news worthy shooting or murder we have seen in the news. (not the painkillers,but the psych stuff).

13. typeOnegative13NY

You are such a genious,that you were able to insult the articles reasoning,because you agreed with it. Outfuckingstanding

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why this is a bad thing? Big companies that I can buy stock in get the stamp of approval from the FDA and have local doctors dispense prescriptions, sold to the general public by national drug chains, that I also can buy stock in, for a nice clean high with deadly consequences. I could never buy a piece of Julio's business. Now I get dividends and don't have to carry handcuffs and a chainsaw for a piece of the action.

I'm not sure what the point of the article was? People get addicted to drugs and some of them die. No shit.

15. typeOnegative13NY

people trust their caregivers,not knowing they actually work for big pharma

16. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Drug companies, America's best and largest drug dealers represented in all local state and federal governments by our best and brightest officials

#16 fltflo, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

People want to stop their pain and abuse the crap out of drugs regardless of who prescribes it, who makes it and what government, Columbia or the USA stands behind it.

2 days after opening your chest with a circular saw, pulling your ribs away from your heart and replacing your fat clogged arteries, your doctor sends you home and tells you to bite down on a stick if the pain gets to be to much.

There are 2 sides to this coin. The supply is very much driven by the demand.

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're lumping in people who die from complications from the drugs combined with oxycodone and hydrocodone. For example percocet is acetaminophen and oxycodone. If someone takes some aspirin, decides it isnt enough and pops a few too many Percocet the acetaminophen could probably do a number on their liver before the oxycodone would kill them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol_toxicity

19. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Last year I had an accident on the job (due to the negligence of others, but that has yet to get my day in court, so I'll leave it at that) and the crushed bones in my left forearm had to be replaced with cadaver bones and plates/screws. And got lucky enough to develop CRPS (google it, it sucks.) for which I had to go through months of feeling like my hand was on fire 24/7 and a series of nerve blocks in my spine (2 needles in your neck going down to the spine while laying on a slab with no anesthesia and your arm flopping around like a frog in a frying pan - try wishing that on your worst enemy)

All that time I only had the percocet to get me through. I could not have functioned, nor would I have ever fallen asleep without the pills. I also lived in fear of addiction, and never took more than 2 in 4 hours. I hated having to live that way, it turns you into a zombie basically. But without the percocet, I really believe I would not be alive today. It was to the point where my life lost all value anyway, dealing with the pain uncontrolled would have been too much.

My point, trying to villify a doctor for prescribing pain medication, or a pharmacy and pharma for providing it is beyond fucking stupid. You want to blame somebody, blame the part of human nature that takes any addiction past the point of control. Blame people who misuse drugs when they don't need them just to get stoned. Yeah, you're damned right i am pissed off about the opinions in this thread. Its not about some billion dollar drug company getting blood money from addicts, its about saving lives and helping people get through the pain. I am one of the many millions, the majority of people whom have to deal with either temporary or long term pain, and do so responsibly. Not the 2% who abuse the privelage and obviously lead some people to believe the whole system is as corrupt as a street corner pusher.

I still love you guys, but you're dead wrong.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Without any basis behind it? I'm a chemist. Toxicology is one of my specialties. How's that for basis?