2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

actually his injury has been reported. I don't remember where but I did read about it a while back.

I'm not making excuses for him and I hate reading guys talk about injuries but hopefully it did have to do w/ that b/c he will have his hands full Sunday.

I don't think he's been bad, he wasn't on Jackson when he did most of his damage but I think that speaks to the confidence Rex has in him to not shadow Jackson but he's also not revis and no other corner is close to revis so maybe we are expecting too much?

2. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

They were young around Mario on defense, a lot of added talent on D. Plus the biggest addition was Wade Phillips.

Mario was not a top 5 pass rusher like his sacks say, since 2007 he is 4th in sacks behind only Ware, Allen, and Abraham.

He is more in that 10-15 range IMO. Until the defenses he plays on are more consistent that probably wont change, comes down to coaching.

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Hey take it easy on Goldens. At least they're faithful. Try telling one of Cromartie's love interests how faithful he is.

4. timekills

timekills Member

Interesting take on the anointing of EJ Manuel as this year's "it" rookie QB vs Geno's perceived problems (and note - this is from a Bills fan site!)

I can't post links but it is the buffalorumblings.com site. Add this after the main site: /2013/9/18/4742588/bills-vs-jets-2013-ej-manuel-vs-geno-smith-film-breakdown

Excerpt:

When you compare the two making throws - particularly throws down the field, which NFL quarterbacks need to do consistently to stick in this league - things even out a bit. In Week 2, Smith may have even been better in that particular facet of the game. Take a look at the gallery above for an in-depth look at how Manuel and Smith fared on vertical throws this past week; hover over the photos for explanations of what you're seeing.

Despite the gap between the two that exists almost exclusively because Manuel has avoided big mistakes and Smith hasn't (and the fact that Manuel has a game-winning drive on his CV and doesn't play for the Jets certainly helps), the gap between the two as passers isn't huge. Manuel is the hotter hand right now, but those anointing him while simultaneously writing off Smith as a bad job may end up grievously mistaken, and possibly as soon as Week 3.

5. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I think the most impressive thing for me about Manuel is that he is running the fastest offense in the NFL.

To no huddle, get the play in, understand the play with all the routes etc., get up to the line, see the defense and read the coverage, see potential blitzes and call the right protection, and then snap the ball faster than any other NFL team or any other veteran QB is impressive as a rookie just 2 games in.

6. timekills

timekills Member

I think the Eagles and Mike Vick might have an argument with the fastest offense in the NFL, but your point is ore than valid. The ability to quickly read the defense - especially post-snap and get rid of the ball - is what separates the two QBs right now. Probably the same reason the Bills O-line looked good last year with limited sacks of Fitzpatrick too.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

With the Yankee Season likely ending within a week, all the attention is going to be turned toward football and more specifically the countdown to the Super Bowl in NY/NJ. Would be perfect if we are sitting at 2-1 and the Giants are sitting at 0-3.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Please, all he's been doing is dinking and dunking short passes and dump offs all the way down the field.

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

You mean like what most good QBs do?

10. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

When you are considered 'the fastest offense' dinking and dunking short passes is one of the reasons why you are considered that....

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Kerley being back would be great news. He's a target who can catch the ball and finds a way to get us first downs. He also bumps everyone down one on the WR depth chart so we see them less.

Hopefully Holmes feels better this week. He has shown some sparks of his old self, but he's still getting acclimated.

12. cap123ny

cap123ny New Member

How good would Trent Richardson have looked in green and white on Sunday? Jets first round pick is bound to be more valuable than Indy's, why didn't Jets make that move?

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this damn game is aired down here in Tallahassee. I'm so sick of streaming them in terrible image quality. I can't see anything clear like that, I hate it

14. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Were not a running back away from being a great offense like Indy? They have Andrew luck and good receivers all they needed was a RB.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

15. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I put the distribution map in the NFL section ... check it out

16. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I would even argue that Indy needed O-line help more than they needed Richardson ESPECIALLY with Donald Thomas done for the year.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe he can carry Luck around on his shoulders to help him avoid sacks.

18. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Richardson is a great blitz pickup guy. You need a trade partner who wants to part with their linemen, unfortunately we don't know who's on the trade block to get into that discussion.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Idzik is saving our 1st round pic for a pass rushing OLB. You must have missed my earlier post.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's not all that impressive when you remember Manuel only has 2 pass plays to choose between: Throw it short or throw it shorter. :rofl: