Best Available Free Agents at the moment for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

Kerley might not play this week. We only have Homes and Hill with spadola as our 3rd WR and that scrub obamabu that Izdik brought over as our #4WR. Pathetic.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Guys it was 1 game, let's see what this week against the Bills looks like before we start cutting guys who know our system to bring in guys that don't know our system and are out of work for a reason.
    CHILLLLLLLLLLL!

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

The only 2 late round picks that contribute on this team are Jeremy Kerley and Antonio Allen. And I think thats over the last 5 years, potentially more. Bohanon could be a contributor if he sticks.

Point is, we havent done a great job of hitting on late round picks. Plus, next year, we should get 3-4 comp picks from Landry, Keller, Greene and Devito.

It wouldnt be a waste.

My point is, if trading a 5th or 6th round pick potentially helps our young QB develop, Id do it in a heart beat. Right now, Geno cant have much confidence in our receivers in their ability to catch the ball, run the right route, and just make plays. If trading a late round pick for Kenny Britt, who is a very talented player, helps Geno develop, why wouldn't you do that? Because you are afraid of losing out on a chance to draft another William Cambell or Oday Aboushi? Yeah...

4. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Sorry 1985er, but it seems that some here just don't want to hear facts....

Braylon would be on the field playing with Kellen last week if it wasn't for him being hurt(ankle).

But let's not focus on FACTS, let's focus on tired and old(and untrue) arguments against Braylon that have been posted ad nauseum... :rolleyes:

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Obamanu > Gates.

Spadola will makes some plays if he's ever targeted. Sure he had a bad drop vs NE, but throw him the ball he will make plays.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Impeach Obamanu.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 9m
    Jets will sign WR David Nelson today, per source. Santonio Holmes expected to miss a few weeks with hamstring injury. #nyj

Nice, I pegged David Nelson as an option...I think he is a viable target