Best Available Free Agents at the moment for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Ted

Ted Member

I really don't understand the infatuation with Braylon Edwards. He has regressed at a rapid pace since 2010 and is not a quality option. I think the Jets have a better WR prospect in Ryan Spadola then Edwards.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Not sure if many have seen, but Kenny Britt posted about his time in Tennessee coming to an end on Twitter. If Im the Jets I am calling the Titans up and offering a late rounder pick for him right now. Britt is kind of a head case, but he is very talented and the Titans have the depth at WR and are probably looking to move on.

He most definitely can catch and he would help Geno tremendously. This is the type of move this team needs in order to help our rookie QB who is not surrounded by any playmakers.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sounds good but I wouldn't wanna give up any of our draft picks.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Id easily give up a 5th round for Britt. It could be something like a Santonio Holmes trade where the Titans are looking to just get rid of him- plus he's a FA this year so they would get something in return.

We drafted Oday fucking Aboushi in the fifth round. Late round picks likely turn out to be nothing, and if spending a 5th round pick helps our QB develop, I am all for it. Plus, if Britt stays healthy and out of trouble, he has the talent to be a legitimate #1 WR.

Oh well, its a pipe dream. If only...

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You meen the Great receiver in the Preseason who then shits the bed in a Big game and drops a pass?

I'd rather have Braylon droppin passes...lol

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Kenny Britt is made of glass, a headache and a team cancer. We already have Holmes to be that malcontent WR. Maybe a fresh scenery would change it, but his attitude is so horrible I doubt it does.

To add, I think that injury he had last year really slowed him down, he hasn't been the same player. I doubt he can carry the load of being a #1 WR.

7. The 1985er

I'd rather use that draft pick to add depth to the team at another position. If we're gonna bring in a receiver it has to be someone we drafted in round 1.

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Shiamcoe is pretty damn old (33)

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I never thought I would say this a month ago, but I really believe we are a couple offensive weapons away from being a legitimate playoff contender. I wouldn't mind trading a 3rd or 4th rounder to get someone in her now to help out Geno. Who? I have no idea. But the lack of weapons could really stunt his growth, where as a new target could help him tremendously

10. The 1985er

Just bring in Braylon and call it a day. He's not the fastest guy but he can CATCH THE DAMN BALL. that's all that matters. He can mentor Geno and Hill, and next year we can draft a WR in the first round.

11. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

TRUTH. :cool:

12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

A lot of late round picks contribute to a team. They aren't just throw away picks.

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Sign Britt to an incentive laden, prove it contract in the offseason. The potential is there. Don't waste a draft pick on the guy.

14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

But he can't get open anymore. There is a reason he was cut --->>> speed. Who gives a shit if you can catch if you can't get open.

15. The 1985er

The objective of the receiver is to catch the ball. Plus Braylon DID get separation in preseason games so that's a myth.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

This x1000. Our fans are delusional. The same player on our team and another team are looked at completely different. Braylon Edwards stinks at this point in his career. Decent injury replacement but he has no business being on our roster.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I recall Braylon being the poster child for dropped passes when he was here, so saying he is the answer to the problem of our WRs having the dropsies is just a bit ironic.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=53055&highlight=braylon+drops

And if he was gaining separation in preseason, it was likely against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I trust what the CS saw in TC and practice a lot more than what happened in a preseason game.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We signed a LB a couple of days ago so what's the point with who is available?

19. The 1985er

He's improved and he can teach Hill how to overcome the drops. The only reason Braylon isn't on the team is because he was hurt and wasn't practicing very much. If Braylon gets no credit for getting separation against 2nd stringers yet most Jets fans are pining over Simms after he shredded 2nd and 3rd stringers and Spadola for ripping up those very same players.

20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Yes. If he was good enough to help, he would be here.