2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I truly think we are going to get beat badly. We do not have the offensive personell to Compete with the bills.

2. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

If we are to compare the two teams side by side maybe our line o line is better then theirs. Our only chance here is if our defense stops them.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The 19 PPG in 2 good weather games has you scared?

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

ESPN interviewed Geno yesterday and they said he sounded like a 10 year vet.

EJ is very overrated. Bills should have been blown out week 1 and all he did was have one decent drive against Carolina where Carolina's whole secondary was hurt and he completed a TD pass against a busted coverage. He was graded -3.2 by pff last week which is abysmal.

Just gotta shut down CJ Spiller. Should be an easy win for Jets.

5. microscopes

microscopes Member

Holy cow NYJUNC - I remember you! You used to campaign over and over and over and over about how good of a QB Mark Sanchez is.

Wow. lol

6. microscopes

microscopes Member

#206 microscopes, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Quite possibly but i am not ready to anoint any of them including EJ. At this point last year EJ stacks up with all three of them i am not saying anything more you are.

You said that EJ and Geno looked about the same and that neither looked as good as Luck, RGIII and Wilson after their first tow games. That is BS EJ has looked just as good Geno has not.

I am not comparing EJ to Manning, Brees and Rogers I am comparing the first two game of the Qbs you mentioned.

I think EJ will suck against the Jets defense and will look like a rookie. I think Geno needs to put more points on the board for the Jets to win.

8. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Colin Brown (Bills' LG) is one of the worst in the NFL right now. He is the Wayne Hunter of left guards. Not only that, but it should be difficult for him having to match up against a lot of different Jets - I could see him giving up pressure very consistently and I'd be surprised if he didn't allow at least 1 sack and a few pressures. He could even give up 2 sacks. I'm sure the Jets know that this is the weakest part of the Bills' line and that Rex and Dunbar are making sure that Mo', Richardson, and Snacks are prepared to attack that weakness. Coples can provide extra pressure as well - I think it's fair to say that this is the toughest defensive front the Bills have faced so far this year.

The Bills' running game should be less effective than normal because the Jets have been good at shutting it down so far this year. The Jets have faced Tampa's excellent RB and shut him down, and also did a great job against Ridley who is also a very good back. Spiller is better than both of those backs, but I still don't think he will have a lot of success running it up the middle.

Stevie Johnson will be trouble for the Jets, and with the way Cro' has been playing so far this year I think he will need help against him. He's probably the biggest threat the Bills have on offense against the Jets.

On offense, I think the Jets can do some damage on the ground, and hopefully that will allow Smith to sustain some drives. The Bills' secondary is weak, but their pass rush is ultra-strong with Mario being someone that the Jets will have to seriously game play around. Smith has to be very aware of where Mario is lined up on every play, and do a much better job in getting rid of the ball, finding the open receiver more quickly, and running. Hopefully Morningwood's game plan will involve some shorter passes to help mitigate the Bills' strong pass rush and Geno's tendency to hold onto the ball for too long. Otherwise, Mario will get about 8 sacks this game, you can't hold the ball for 5 or 6 seconds even if the O-line is actually good enough to give you that luxury sometimes.

The other thing that I'll mention is that on Pro Football Focus, so far Geno Smith is rated higher than EJ Manuel. I know EJ has a 90+ QB rating and Smith's is in the 50s, but according to the advanced statistics Smith is doing better than Manuel right now. I think the opportunities are there for the Jets to make some plays, but I see this as a low scoring game unless one team starts giving up a lot of turnovers.

17-14 Jets.

9. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Very well thought out post, nice job. I think we'll try to establish the run more this week. Besides our success with it last week, we've been able to run well against BUF for the last few years.

Bills defense looks to be strong this year, but they may be susceptible in the secondary right now due to injury. I think Geno will find more success in this matchup.

20-14, Jets is my prediction. Could go either way very easily though.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He still does.

11. nyjunc

don't encourage these duplicate posters

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If I were to guess, I'd say that's a Bills fan that remembers you from a Bills forum. I don't get the duplicate vibe.

13. nyjunc

He's probably upset b/c crappy mark Sanchez has more playoff wins than the Buffalo Bills 1994-2012

14. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

I did not say that Geno and EJ looked the same. In fact they have "looked" very different, mostly because they have been asked to do very different things by their handlers.
    I probably did say that Luck Wilson and RG3 were way better prospects at this moment than either one of them.
    They are a couple of talented kids who have a legit chance to make it and who have both been given an incredible opportunity. That is all.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Care to explain how "the bills should have been blown out week 1"?

16. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Yes, your offense is bad, but our hasn't been much better at this point in the season. We've got good personnel, but it hasn't come together consistently yet. I don't expect that to change against the jets defense and then Baltimore after that.

17. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

EJ is miles and miles above Geno. IMHO he will have a better career.

If our offense plays the way it did vs the Pats we will get beat bad.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Great write up, your posts contain a ton of information and are very well thought out. Keep up the work man.

Also, didnt know the last portion of your post. Interesting that Geno is rated higher on PFF. Do you have a link to that by any chance?

19. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

Im laughing at a lot of these posts. Just imagine had Buffalo taken Geno Smith and the Jets EJ Manuel all these comments would be the opposite. We all support our teams and trash the opponent.

Truth is none of us know a thing about these young QBs yet. The only thing I know entering this game is Rex Ryan will have his defense ready and he will make it hard on the Bills to score. I dont know what to expect from the Bills at all. The Jets offense is a total question mark as well.

Based on Rex Ryan, I have the Jets winning 17-10. I have a feeling this will be one of the most spirited Bills vs Jets games in a while and could be the start of a little rivalry. I expect many after whistle shoving matches, a lot of pad smacking.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To state the obvious, expect a low scoring close game. Both these teams lost close games to the Pats, and won last second over the bottom 2 NFC South teams. Neither offense has consistently impressed even, but Buffalo's seems a little but more apt to explode. On the other hand, I think the Jets defense has played better than the Bills defense slightly so far, so wash.

I'm expecting a game in the 17-14 region with the losing team giving up a fumble for six, pick six, or a ST TD. That'll be the difference.