What is Chris Ivory's Role Moving Forward?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 14, 2013.

1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I've watched MM for years, I live in PA. I actually enjoy watching his offense and think it is beautifully set up, but when you're gameplan isn't working, then you have to scrap it. The run game was working. That's what we should have moved forward with.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

but it was working. the plays were there to be made. the players didn't make the plays. but receivers were open geno made some good throw it just didn't come together the way it should. because we have a new offense and a rookie qb and inexperienced and some questionable talent at wr.

kudos to marty for sticking with it and not dumbing things down and prolonging the learning process. this team willbe better because of this loss.

3. NewYorkEveryThing

I think Ivory is on limited snaps because of past injury's.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You can't treat a rookie QB like he's Dan Fouts. You need to establish a tough running game and take less of a chance with putting the ball in the air.
    Ivory was running well against the Pats, no way Geno should have been throwing that much.

5. FJF

yea, sanchez is a shining example of that.

6. b.reyes16

It most certainly was not working. We scored 10 points.

Geno was holding the ball too long and tried to force too many passes in the fourth quarter. They ended up in picks. That cost us the game. I will not put that on Geno. He shouldn't have had to throw the ball that much with the way we were running the ball. Had we run the ball more, I doubt we would have turned the ball over 4 times.

7. FJF

gates dropped 4 points

hill fumbled what could have been points

winslow looked like he went to the ground for no reason cost us 4 points

geno's 2nd int was a questionable play call already in fg range down 3.but overall the plan was sound. pats front 7 > pats secondary. he attacked the weakness,just like week 1 when they used winslow rather than go to the wr's where tampa looks pretty good, and if the catches are made they roll to a W.
    plus there is the development factor. rookie qb's need to make mistakes and get the reps throwing the rock. run heavy playbooks are just prolonging the learning exprience. how's geno going to develope chemistry if they don't let him do anything? let the kid sling it.the defense will keep us in games and soon he will be making pays and not mistakes. or we will be drafting a qb next year. either way we are moving forward

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Well lucky for us we got the Jills this weekend. 2-1 here we come

9. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

Ivory looked good on Thursday but he is still not even close to the rb I thought we were getting. Hopefully he is just getting into game shape and will be a beast soon.....because we need him

10. b.reyes16

Mistakes are going to be made. If we want to win, we have to limit the amount of mistakes we make. That's what running the ball helps do. It's as simple as that. Throwing a rookie into the fire doesn't work very often.

11. FJF

hiding the qb doesn't promote growth. i thought marty did a good job letting geno throw on 1st downs and giving him good pass plays to work with. well designed plays and experience will pay more dividends in the long run than 3 yards and a cloud of dust last thursday would have

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Peyton Hillis just released by Tampa. I say take a chance. He can't bring as much drama as our MIA/rehabbing Rb has. Sign Hillis now!

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

No. Absolutley not.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I liked Hillis when he played for Denver.

I don't see any reason to bring in a guy that we haven't heard from in like three years.

15. Cman68

Can it be a worse option than a guy we haven't seen yet at all? At the very least, Hillis will be available on game day. Hillis might be smart enough to hire a driver on party nite too. Marshawn Lynch anyone...?

#55 Cman68, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I gotta say, as much as I loved Hillis in Denver, I like more what I can see from Goodson.

Driver or not. The Bucs just cut Hillis prior week 3. There is some luggage going on there.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hillis is utter garbage. We have no reason to sign him with Powell and Ivory and soon Goodson.

18. Cman68

There's something wrong in Tampa Bay no doubt. I think Hilis and Ivory would be one nasty 1-2 punch with Powell as the change of pace. I don't know about Goodson or if he'll be effective after rehab or if he's gonna be a giant PITA. :grin:

19. Cman68

Hilis might be a lot of things, but garbage isn't one of them. Judging from what we saw in Denver, under the right circumstances, he could be a more effective Thomas Jones. I think Rex could make it work and I'm not a Rexaholic by any stretch.

20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

He had an awesome year in Cleveland, and that landed him on the Madden cover....The end.