2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

if we want to beat the jills, we'll have to attack the weakest part of the team, their o-line. gordy glenn at LT is having problems so hopefully we can take advantage of that. pressuring EJ and giving him confusing looks will probably startle him and make him have bad turnovers (hopefully, because we haven't had many turnovers this year so far.) we really need better press coverage from the corners as disrupting the timing between EJ and his WRs could be crucial to winning the game. top priority though is stopping CJ spiller and we'll probably need safety help with that which puts even more pressure on the CBs.

concerning our offense, i think the jills are going to be missing jarius byrd and stephon gilmore. that's huge for us and we need to take advantage of it. we need to use chris ivory more and run it down their throats to set up the play-action, something that I think will help geno out. WRs better not drop any fucking balls and I think we outperform them on offense. also, I want see improvement in geno concerning how long he holds the ball and his pocket awareness

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Dude... I'm really going to try not to be a dick here, but please.... please try to know what you're talking about before you type. Glenn is rated as one of the best tackles in the entire league right now by PFF over the first 2 games. He's the only tackle not to allow even a pressure on the QB (allowed no sacks either). Where would you possibly get the idea "he is struggling?" Its so far from the truth its ridiculous.

Also, the o-line is definitely not weak, or even as extreme as saying "the weakest on the team." EJ hasn't even been sacked yet this year.

If you want to know the weakest spot on the team, its in the defensive backfield. We're missing Gilmore and Byrd, two of our best defensive players, and also our starting nickel corner Ron Brooks with a broken foot. Luckily, and surprisingly, McKelvin has played out of his mind the first 2 weeks and the other corners have really stepped up. I just do not have confidence it will continue until those 3 come back.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

You guys are going to have some serious problems trying to stop Wilkerson, Ellis, Richardson, Snacks, and Coples if he plays...

EJ will be getting sacked this Sunday I can promise you that.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Bills O line has played very well but EJ has been sacked this year. At least once I remember from Sunday.

5. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Jets front is stout, and may get to EJ once or twice.

Don't act like Bills line is a pushover. They gave up only 1 sack in first 2 games.

Pats and Jones couldn't get to EJ Manuel once, and they had no issue getting to Geno past Jets Oline.

I'm more worried about Jets line protecting Geno TBH.

6. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

It was on the strip, which is a sack...although the defender (a blitzing safety) was only in position to strip and not to wrap up Manuel. So one sack but no "classic" sacks in which the QB is taken to the ground.

#186 BrucekilledBoomer, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The man was smart enough to jump offthe Jets sinking ship and if Rex wanted to take over the play calling anyways, he needed to go somewhere else for his own career.

Being mad at him for finding a better job is stupid.

8. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth:

I don't worry about what exactly the Jets defense will do game to game. While there might be 1-2 blowouts this season, in general we'll hold down our opponents offense.

Our offense is the only thing we've got to worry about. If Geno plays like he has been playing, like a typical rookie QB then we're 8-8 at best. OTOH, Geno didn't get all the TC reps a typical rookie would get so there is potential for greater than average improvement as the season progresses.

We need Kerley and Winslow. We need to sit/cut Gates. We need Tone to keep coming back. We need Goodson. Cumberland has to get in the game. We should give Spadola one more shot. Geez, we need SOMEONE who can catch the ball. Do I sound desperate? Has anyone signed Rogers yet? Go Jets!

9. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Their O line is ok. The weak link there is their left guard and their right tackle (in pass pro, not the run game).
    To beat them we need to pressure EJ on D and give them a steady dose of Chris Ivory on O.
    They are indeed at much less than 100% in their secondary. The guy to pick on is Justin Rogers. He really sucks very badly. Mckelvin is playing at a high level for a change.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Our shitty receivers against their shitty secondary.

Stalemate?

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Funny how you make your assessment on what the "experts say". EJ has played well his first two games much better than Geno. He also played just as well if not better than the class you have anointed.

RGIII, Luck and Wilson have not proved anything in this league except they have potential to be great. Make no mistake none of them are in the same level as Ar, DB,PM or TB

12. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Quite possibly all three of them will and form the next generation of elite QBs. Would not be surprised.
    And you should stop putting EJ on a par with any of those three, though of course he may develop into a good player (we just don't know). Not even the most delusional Bills fan would do that so you shouldn't either.
    Take your own advice and watch the games and forget about the stat lines for a minute ( or at least take them in context).

13. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

If Marty would just rely more on the run game (and by that I mean Ivory) the passing game would open up. And he should do with Geno what the Bills have been doing with EJ. He should have Geno throw more underneath and throw in a few vertical routes mainly when man coverage opportunities on the outside develop.
    As far as EJ is concerned, the league now sees how the Bills are bringing him along. IMO Rex will now scheme to take away the quick release short passing game. If we can control their good run game, EJ will have to take more chances. That's when we will have a better picture of what he is capable of.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was watching EJ's interview on NFLN, and he seems like a polished veteran. Geno looks like a kid when he talks. Probably not important.

15. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

It's extremely important if you're interviewing them for a position on an NFL pregame show.

As far as what it says about their skills as a quarterback? You might as well be worried about what his favorite movie is.

16. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

Hopefully Byrd is playing this week.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

this game could be another ugly one. 2 rookie QBs facing 2 aggressive defenses. For us we have to slow down their great run game and make Manuel try to beat us through the air. if we can do that we'll confuse the rookie and pull it out.

18. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

The line didnt even give up the sack, it was our FB on a safety. Line has given up zero sacks.

EJ Manuel is completing 70% of his passes under pressure.

I think the biggest strength for the Jets is the interior pass pressure. And lucky for the Jets our worst player is at LG. Could be a field day for your interior pass rush, which is by far the best the Bills have faced.

The Jets defense is always great. I have said this before, Rex Ryan is by far the best defensive coach in football. I dont think the Bills will do much against that defense. If the Bills D can do something we are looking at a 17-14 game or 14-10 game.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am not worried about sacks on manuel, it is about pressure and confusing him.

20. microscopes

microscopes Member

#200 microscopes, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016