Not a PANIC thread, but could we PLEASE....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 14, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

So tell me something. Would you rather have a guy that can get open multiple times a game, and drop one or two passes, but still haul some in, or a guy that won't get open all game and end up with one catch for 6 yards?

2. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Since we are putting MS on IR does this not free up a roster spot.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm done with Hill. This guy acts like a scrub when we play New England two costly drop in both games in Foxboro. I don't care how fast you are, catch the ball. Can't even do that right...

Should have drafted a WR

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This is a year for all of the WR to prove if they are worthy of being on this team going forward. THey will step up or get cut.

5. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

In 3 games last season with BUTTFUMBLE at QB, he had 10 Catches for 125 yards whenever Mark managed to throw the ball in his area....

He apparently "got open" many times then.... :rolleyes:

Heck, he caught almost every pass(as few as there were) during the Preseason games. He was open then, too...

Just how much more effective do you think he would be with Geno's more-often-than-not on-target(or close to it) passes?

Plenty.

I'm telling you that when Braylon gets healthy, he'll be re-signed to an non-guaranteed contract in-season and he will be get open AND CATCH THE FOOTBALL because he knows how to be a Wide Receiver, unlike Gates who thinks just getting open is enough.

#65 Braylon4ever, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Yeah its time to slam the Gates on Gates.

7. This Braylon affinity is almost as ridiculous as Jacksonville fans w/ Tim Tebow.

Braylon is old, slow & couldn't beat out the WRs we have currently.

It's not 2010 anymore.

Get over it.

8. Really?

You're done w/ Stephen Hill?

You do realize he's our leading WR by FAR.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

The jets need a vet WR to swap in and out of - especially when Holmes goes out because of his injury.

I don't think anyone here thinks Braylon is going to suddenly be a savior. However, another vet WR on the team won't hurt. There is no other worthwhile option on the FA list to even consider. I would sign Bray and keep him on the team until 3 of 4 conditions are met:

a) Holmes is 100%
    b) one of the rooks or young players starts to get it
    c) Geno starts to have more confidence & experience
    d) Our running game really starts humming​

10. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I agree. I did love him the year we signed him, but he isn't good anymore. He would be playing somewhere if he was.

11. Braylon4ever

Difference is :

Braylon has a history of moderate success as an NFL Wide Receiver.

Tebow has a history of sucking at QB wherever he goes.

What do you base this on?

Now if you said he can't stay healthy, then you probably would be onto something here but you're saying he can't beat out JAGs like Gates?

Thanks for the laugh... :lol:

Braylon can catch the football.

Gates cannot.

Get over *that*.

#71 Braylon4ever, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What happened with Braylon? Was it his knee that was preventing him from making the team? He looked a bit slower but I thought he was decent for us at the end of last year.

13. What do I base it on? What we saw at TC & during the preseason this past season from Braylon. Which quite honestly wasn't much.

Say what you will about Gates..but he performed significantly better than Braylon both in practice & throughout the preseason. As did Hill, Spadola, Kerley & Rogers.

Gates is on an active NFL roster.

Braylon is not.

If he could still produce he'd be on an NFL roster. And not just the Jets. You're telling me an inept offense like Jax,Oakland,Carolina or Cleveland couldn't use another WR if they were considered productive??

There's more to play WR in the NFL than just catching. And let's face it...Braylon was never a member of the "hands team". He can currently run maybe 3 routes b/c he's ridiculously slow out of his breaks & no longer has the ability to adjust w/ the ball in the air.That's BEFORE we get into the durability issues...

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

In all fairness, I don't remember seeing Bray play w/the 1st Squad in any pre-season....

He was thrown out there w/2nd & 3rd.
    I do remember a hella catch he made in the Jags game.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Idk, I thought Braylon was pretty solid when he stepped in last year. We could have used him all year to be honest. Now it seems we are saying the same things over again. Are we gonna wait again until we have 3 games left?

16. Braylon4ever

Seems that way,

Jets Brass put the ASS in Brass apparently...

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Now we know why Brandon Lloyd turned us down...

From Rotoworld,

Free agent WR Brandon Lloyd stars in an upcoming zombie movie called "After Effect."
    Maybe now we know why Lloyd has rejected inquiries from at least six NFL teams, including the desperate Patriots. He landed a role in this direct-to-DVD movie as Sargent Chuck Lloyd. The movie stars Daniel Baldwin. Lloyd is just 32 years old and posted a 70/966/5 line last year, but he appears done with the NFL.

I can't understand why they wouldn't cast Braylon for that role. I mean, the guy is 100 times better looking than Brandon Lloyd. He has the intangibles that you want in a male lead, and he has experience (in a high school production of Oklahoma, he killed the role of Curly). Stupid directors and casting people should be fired right now. It's really inexcusable.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I agree with u about Braylon but in the same breath The GM wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't try to fix the problem in week 3 by bringing in anyone he could , and so far it seems like they are blaming the rain on the WR play