Not a PANIC thread, but could we PLEASE....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Honestly, some Jets fans make Braylon out to be this superstar we need to have to be successful

I mean dont get me wrong he's a good football player but guys make him out to be this guy we need, we dont need him

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

He's not a superstar but he's a solid wide receiver that would've(not "could've") caught all the passes thrown to Mr. Butterfingers Gates.

He also wouldn't have had that costly turnover by Hill because Braylon would've had both hands on the football, too...

3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Ummm, you're sadly & badly mistaken dude. As a HUGE, JET fan for over 40 years - having seen nearly EVERY Jet game since 1967 - experiencing all the hi's & lo's, PANIC is 1 emotion/trait that no-1 can attach to me as a JET-JUNKIE! I dropped PANIC off at Shea back in the lean years of the late, 70's.
    This thread is all about "Frustration" - 1 of only 2 emotions I experience(the other being rare occasions of "Joy") when watching the Jets. Specifically, frustration with S.Hill's uneven & unreliable play. I want nothing more but for Hill to succeed as a top-flite rec'vr but I feel that Hill will continue being "Feast or Famine"(apologies for J.Starks analogy-poor choice) who will both amaze and anger the Jet collective with his uneven perfs. I won't EVEN comment on "Lo-Rates" Gates.
    I "apologize" :rolleyes:for creating the umpteenth thread in re to re-signing Bray, but the passing game is in dire need of help. As someone prev'ly stated, it's tough enough that we have a rookie qb learning the pro-game, but to equip him with this poor set of rec'ving corps make's it that much harder for him/Jets to succeed. The addition of a healthy Bray (or any of the other unsigned, veteran WR's of decent skills) would help in improving the pass-game.

4. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

I'm kind of mixed on this one. I appreciate what Braylon did as a Jet. Not a star, but a consistent and good player. But, he's gotten older and I'm sure has lost a step. I think he would bring a very positive attitude and leadership to the WR group, which a young group would benefit from, but I'm not sure his on field contribution would be that great.

I'm all for bringing in a vet, but mostly for the developement of Geno and leadership to the young core of receivers.

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

If he was so solid, don't you think he would've stuck around with a team in the last 2 years? Not only stuck around, but contributed at least somewhat?

Or at least been signed by another team this year since he got cut?

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If Edwards had anything - anything left in the tank at all, he would not have been cut 4 times in three years and constantly looking for a job. Why don't the Pats sign him if he is so good? Their WR situation is as bad as the Jets. Edwards is done. He has been done for years. No NFL team wants him. I don't want him here. Its time to move on and develop younger faster players. I agree Gates should not see the field again, but Hill's fumble was a fluke play where the ball got kicked out of his hands by a flopping Pats defender. Hill deserves a shot to improve.

With Holmes, Kerley and Hill healthy, where and when does Edwards play and what difference does he make as a 4th or 5th receiver who can't play special teams. I have never seen such constant pining for a Jets player who has shown nothing for years now. Maybe Maynard or Walker or Toon should be resigned also? Or Coles? Chrebet? Past success, even on a limited basis, does not translate into future performance. It's time to move on from Edwards.

7. Fightin'JetTitan

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense

BEST AVAILABLE NFL FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE:

By Adam Caplan
    Last updated:
    September 13, 2013 6:47 pm ET

Wide Receiver

Brandon Lloyd
    Laurent Robinson
    Devery Henderson
    Braylon Edwards
    David Nelson
    Austin Collie
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Donte’ Stallworth
    Steve Breaston
    Josh Cribbs (KR/PR)
    Michael Jenkins
    Deion Branch
    Early Doucet
    Ramses Barden
    Anthony Armstrong
    Devin Aromashodu
    Chaz Schilens
    Mike Thomas
    Courtney Roby
    Chad Johnson
    Jabar Gaffney
    Derek Hagan
    Tiquan Underwood
    Matthew Willis
    Naaman Roosevelt
    Deon Butler
    Roscoe Parrish (PR)
    Brandon Banks (KR/PR)
    Patrick Crayton
    Sammie Stroughter
    Jason Hill
    Jordan Shipley
    Jordan Norwood
    Brian Robiskie
    Ruvell Martin
    Patrick Turner
    Greg Camarillo (PR)
    Legedu Naanee
    Mardy Gilyard (KR)
    Devin Thomas
    Adrian Arrington
    Michael Clayton
    Terrence Austin
    Richard Goodman (KR)
    Terrance Copper
    Demetrius Williams
    Brett Swain
    Maurice Stovall (TE)
    Jerheme Urban
    DeMarco Sampson
    Devon Wylie
    Jaymar Johnson
    Quan Cosby (PR/KR)
    Ronald Johnson
    Chastin West
    Lance Long
    Tim Toone
    Andy Tanner
    Terrence Toliver
    Nathan Palmer
    Jeff Fuller
    Jamar Newsome
    B.J. Cunningham

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Ok, the Jets should move on from Edwards, BUT if Gates should not see the field again, then what the hell is with the Jet's "talent evaluating" brain trust giving Gates a roster spot to begin with?

9. Fightin'JetTitan

what joe said.......

10. Braylon4ever

Kind of hard to do much if you're hobbled by injury.....

And it's not like he was dropping passes as if the Football was lit-on-fire or something(Gates, in particular) when he was on the field.

Once his ankle rehab is done, he'll be back on the Jets much to Joe Willie's utter disappointment...

It's called stupidity, I think....

#50 Braylon4ever, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  11. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah he's that amazing. Who's to say that he would of beaten Kyle Arrington like Clyde Gates did? He probably would of caught the ball, but we would never know, because he would of never beaten Arrington like Clyde Gates did.

Same with the fumble, Hills speed got him open, Braylon would of never gotten open to catch that ball and hold on to it.

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Be fair bro. He performed well all offseason. It was announced first by the Jets staff, nobody believed it, then he media goes out and confirms it. First couple days of training camp was all about Clyde Gates making ridiculous catches and getting open all the time. That's what got him a roster spot.

13. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

Hmmm, Maynard.... I hadn't considered him.... Is he available? ;-)

14. Fightin'JetTitan

...and that has translated into what?

1 catch @ 17 yds along with the inability to get open/separation vs the Bucs 2ndary......

2 catches @ 42 yds (1 for 34 yds) plus 3, killer drops (including a TD) vs Pats.

Yeah, he's ridiculous alright!:rolleyes:

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I think we should sign Braylon

16. Braylon4ever

Again...what's the point of getting open if you can't hold on to the football?

Gates is NOT an NFL-Caliber WR.

Hill....maybe(needs A LOT of work, though)

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

...and stay on the field???

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Dropped the only pass thrown @ him on Thursday BTW

19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Braylon obviously has injury concerns, and they didn't want to guarantee his contract. I could see them bringing him back in. I also wouldn't be surprised if they bring back Mossaquoi. These 2 have both been in the offense, and their learning curves would be less than others on the FA list.

However, I'd personally rather they grab Cribbs at this point if his injury is closer to being healed. No way the Jets can go through the season without a PR on 50%+ on punts. Gates isn't a great KR either, so if healthy we can kill 2 birds with one stone.

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

Don't be a dumbass trying to sound like a smart ass. The post I replied to the poster says what were the Jets thinking when they gave him a roster spot. Like I said in my reply, he performed well in the offseason, and that's what led him to having a roster spot.

I never said that he deserves the spot now, after week 2. His spot should be in jeopardy, but to say that he didn't deserve a spot on the roster because of what he didn't week isn't fair. They can't see the future.

And I never said that he is ridiculously good. I said that all through the offseason there were reports of how many ridiculous catches he was making and how open he always was. Maybe if you were to follow the team in the offseason, you would of seen that.