lol Stephen Hill

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

And boom goes the dynamite.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

He'll be a lot better than Braylon was for us. Mark it down.

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

He's on route to have a pretty damn good season for a player as raw as he was coming out.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

He's fucking hurt! You want to sign him and put him in IR as he walks through the doors?

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Based on what, his fumble or his constant drops?

6. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Based on the fans constant ignorance of not being patient. Or in this case, New York logic....

7. Mr. Green Pants

No, just saying, plenty of really good players have had shaky starts to their careers. Your guy Braylon had 43 catches, four touchdowns, and plenty of drops through the first 13 games of his career. Not exactly a stellar beginning there. Shit, Hill's second year numbers could very well equal or surpass BE's. Makes no sense for you or any other Jet fan to be hammering SH at this point in his career.

8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Have you ever listened to any of Hill's interviews? Dumb is not the word that comes to mind when watching... He doesn't exactly sound like he came from 'Bama if you know what I mean...

He fumbled the ball on a play where the defender basically kicked the ball out of his hands. Jesus Christ...

9. Braylon4ever

I hope so because I'd hate to think that the Jets WASTED a draft pick on him.

10. Braylon4ever

^ We were annoyed with Hill because he said he "played pretty well" when he really didn't.

If he would've said that he should've played way better than he did today or something to that effect, this entire thread wouldn't have been created and Hill wouldn't be getting killed here.

11. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Anyone else notice how he was consistently late off the line?

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

One fumble where luck happen to fall on the Patriots side. The ball was kicked out while he was spinning to the floor. And to my knowledge, he only has 1 drop this season. It may be more, but I only remember the one drop at the end of the Patriots game.

Lets do the math. He's averaging 62.5 yards a game receiving so far.

62.5 * 16 = 1,000

Now I know that he won't get 62.5 yards per game for the rest if the season, but I would consider 500+ yards a success for him this year.

I compare him to Demaryius Thomas. They came out of the same college, around the same height and around the same speed. Both were raw players coming out of college. Thomas' rookie season looked very much like Hill's, and his second year he had 551 yards. If Hill gets that much I would feel pretty confident in him coming into next year, especially if he and Geno grow together. I do although think that Hill gets 600-700 yards receiving this year should he stay healthy.

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

Uhh, the Jets wasted two picks for Braylon Edwards.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I would like Hill much more if we were pounding the ball on people and not running a WCO that required the WR to be very precise. Hill can block in the running game and on play action could make some huge plays even with the drops. In the WCO his poor hands and route running are magnified.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

"Wasted"? AYFKM? Braylon was the best thing to happen to the Jets when they got him and they squandered it by giving douchevag Holmes a megacontract and letting him walk.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Braylon has been dogshit since we let him go. Holmes is overpaid and a bad lockerroom guy but on the field he is much better than Braylon and has done more since he got his contract.

The continued overrating of Braylon cant get a job Edwards is ridiculous.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree with this. He's the type of receiver you throw to 5-6 times a game on a go-route off of a Play-action fake. You hope he can make 3-4 catches a game for big chunks of yardage (as he did on his one nice play against NE, down the left-sideline).You don't rely on him to help you matriculate the ball down the field.

18. slimjasi

I know it's universally popular and "totally in" to hate on Holmes with reckless abandon, but he's a better overall receiver than Braylon Edwards . . . and I loved Braylon when he was here.

19. slimjasi

I'd rather have him than Gates (Although, they technically play different roles, as the Jets use Gates predominantly as a slot WR), but I agree with you. The Braylon nut-hugging is a bit over the top on this message board.

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

He said that the Jets "wasted" a pick on Hill, so I told him they also "wasted" two picks on Braylon. It's pretty stupid to say that they "wasted" the pick on Hill when everyone knew that he was a developmental player coming in and still is.

I also liked Braylon, but many fans, apparently including yourself, overrate him. I know he was good and he was reliable, but its not like he was putting elite wide receiver numbers up. And yeah I know who was throwing him the ball