Not a PANIC thread, but could we PLEASE....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 14, 2013.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

he had the worst drop of everyone on his only attemp against the Pats. Not saying he sucks but his drop was brutal

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Games like last night is why we need vets that can catch. I promise you that Braylon catches at least half those passes Gates and Hill dropped.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah don't compare Hill to John Starks. Not even close.

Anyways, I think Rex said yesterday or after Thursdays game if Sanchez was hurt he would be on the IR. Now the Jets put him on the IR. Idzik has really told everyone to slow down on releasing information to the media, guess he's not a fan of the media, I wonder why.

Braylon would be nice if he was you know healthy, could create sepration, could learn the playbook, and then would be willing to jump in on special teams like the other 4/5 wide receivers.

4. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I really hope the Jets staff aren't too stupid as to not give Spadola more snaps because of his drop on Thursday.

5. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

No way his drop was worse than some of Gates'. Spadola had the ball knocked out. Gates just flung his arms to his chest in hope that he would trap the ball.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Your thread title is "Not a panic thread", but then you proceed to panic.

7. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Gates and Hill both do that, and it kills us.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Invention: A chest protector with a shock-cock ring built in. If a receiver uses his chest to catch a pass he gets hit with 100,000 volts to his scrotum.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Gates is borderline cuttable now. i had some hope this preseason, but he isn't showing anything at all in reg season.

Hill i do really like, in terms of attitude, size and speed.
    he is a work in progress no doubt though. he'll make some nice plays, but needs to work on consistency. fumbling, drops, and shoddy route running at times are all things that need to be improved.

I like the idea of giving Geno another vet to work with.
    IF Braylon can still create separation, then i'd give him a shot. It's a big IF though.....and i don't know the status of his current injuries.

10. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

He is 6' 3", he can use his body to get open against almost any corner.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only plus matchup the Jets have right now is Winslow. Kerley and Holmes are break-even if healthy.

I'd give Spadola some more snaps and hope the drops aren't too costly. Watching Stephen Hill it's clear that the potential is there but his performance is so uneven at this point that the potential doesn't mean much.

12. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I feel like I've posted this 5 times, so I'll just quote myself.

13. Br4d

I don't really see what he brings to the table at this point. His speed is good but he isn't big and he doesn't catch the football well. I kind of thought he should have been on the bubble all training camp.

The depressing thing about Hill is that he has really good physical attributes and he works really hard and he still basically sucks. Either a light is going to go on here somewhere and he begins catching most of the stuff thrown his way and forcing his way open with his size and speed or the Jets are going to have to find a replacement.

You cannot develop a rookie QB and a young WR with bad hands at the same time. The two of them are just going to be bringing out the worst in each other and both failing in the process. Sanchez stopped throwing to Hill at one point last year. If the Jets start to see that with Geno they need to get Hill off the field.

It's possible the Jets should bring back Mohammed Massaquoi. Having a vet who can catch the ball is an absolute necessity with a young QB.

14. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Don't even think about giving up on hill already, I see great improvement in him so far. He's getting separation and running better routes. He was very raw coming out of college and is already improving. Does that mean we shouldn't find a veteran receiver to help out, no. But that is more because of my lack of faith of players like gates. Hill will improve he already has.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't want Edwards, lets move on, and hope that our scouting departments with the new additions can find a couple of good WRs for the Jets to draft next year.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I can't believe Gates has been so bad, I really thought he would be a pretty solid wideout.

17. Br4d

The NFL is a really tough competition. Put Gates up against bad defensive backs and he's probably a borderline star player. Put him up against what's out there and he's looking like a scrub.

I think the Jets just didn't have a lot of options this year. You get what you draft or pay for on the free agent market. Then you'd better be right on the draft picks.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I always forget about Kerley for some strange reason. Well he's the only legit WR on the team. He can't get back soon enough.

19. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

As many as possible.

(of course I don't start them....I only comment in them)

And oh yes....The last thing Geno needs is someone who can catch the friggin' football.

How's that "getting open" thing working out for Clyde "I only play well in Practice" Gates?

What good is him getting open if he doesn't even catch the damm football?

#39 Braylon4ever, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  20. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Yeah, I was really shocked when we cut Braylon. I mean, he had a good preseason against some second stringers, and he would be one of the most reliable receivers to this team. The guy never complains, only wants to play football.