Best Available Free Agents at the moment for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

Don't understand what you guys don't understand. Braylon is hurt, and when he was healthy, he was outplayed by Gates.

Lloyd reportedly turned down 5 teams, including the Jets.

And to the guy who suggested bringing back Rogers, really? Your frustrated with a guy who dropped some passes while playing in the rain, but you want to bring in some guy who dropped more than half the balls thrown his way in the preseason?

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

Wouldn't mind him at all.

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

lolwut?

In what universe did you see Gates outplay Braylon?

If it weren't for that pitch-count thing, BE would've proven to be more an effective WR than Clyde "I only excel in Practice" Gates.

Gates got the bulk of the snaps during TC so of course he'd "outplay" him since BE wasn't even able to participate often. geez....

And so far, Gates is proving the BE supporters right with his play. He can get open but catching the ball is proving to be perhaps too tall a task for him.....

4. Soul Rebel 212

I wouldn't mind a look at David Nelson (6'5" 26 yr old WR) or Steve Breaston if Lloyd is sitting out a year. I know Kerley is coming back but with the way Mornhinweg likes to throw, the more the merrier.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

At this point we just need guys that can catch
    Patrick Crayton or T.O. could fill this role.

But if we're looking for guys who can catch and get open we will have to trade or wait until the draft for Sammy Watkins.

If we were to trade names like:
    Eric Decker, James Jones, Denarius Moore, Lance Moore and Chris Givens come to mind as viable players we could actually obtain.

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

For one, the Rams are not giving up Givens. That's just not going to happen.

The other guys seem acquirable.

I don't understand why we would want to add someone anyway. Hill, Holmes, and Kerley is a solid trio with a ton of potential. I'd much rather us ride with the young guys so they can develop chemistry with Geno. No reason to sign a bunch of one year fillers when they would offer little to no improvement.

7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I agree ^

The problem is we have zero depth at that position, and to say it exposes us when we have one of those 3 (Hill,Holmes,Kerley) go down would be a complete understatement.
    At this point we're not sure if Holmes will be 100% at all this season and for right now he's a complete shell of himself. Yes, with Kerley back in the lineup we will be markedly more improved but that still means we're in bad shape until everything just clicks for Hill of Holmes becomes 100%.

Not to mention Hill was banged up a lot last year, Kerley is hurt now, and Holmes is trying to come back from a major injury. Even with them all on the field we still need someone in relief.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Since Edwards is not 100% I would sat sign Steve Breaston for the slot guy and Josh Cribbs for the PR/KR duty.

9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I don't understand Idzik and Ryan believing Clyde Gates to better than all these WRs.
    I'm also surprised Idzik hasn't made a move to cut Gates already since he is Rex's and Tony Sparona's guy from the phins. Would seem to me that Idzik would not let Gates cost us another big game. He not only dropped several passes, including a TD, he didn't even fight for the ball on Geno's second pick.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Braylon said he should be fine after a few days so hopefully the Jets pull the trigger sometime during the week. I have no problem with giving the young guys a shot. But having a vet or two around is necessary to give the rookie a safety net, and someone that can run good routes and catch the ball and it adds depth to the receiving corp.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that QB from Florida who has been released in Denver, here, and New England has now been offered a million to play a couple of games in Russia? Football in Russia? Who knew?

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Obviously a league, where being able to throw the ball, isn't a option.

13. NewYorkEveryThing

I like doucet. He was a great player and is still young.

Edit : Not great but good and tuff.

#53 NewYorkEveryThing, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  14. NewYorkEveryThing

Wow randy Mcmichael and heap are so old but I wonder what happen to Shiancoe? He is not that old. Is he? Also alot of these guys have had bad injury's that they are not the same.

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

It would be great for Sanchez to go there too.

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

If cleared by the medical staff Braylon would be our best option. After him I would say Breaton would be a good option also, but even more so and I know I'll get flamed for this but I think TO could be the exact same type of WR the Boldin is now with the same type of skill level.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

And Boldin was lights out last night:). No more old guys!!!!!!!,

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Never have so many wanted a player so much when that player has done so little. 2010 was a long time ago. He is done.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

There may not be a worse player, other than Tebow, for this team to bring in at this point in time than TO. This thread has now jumped the shark.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Ocho Stinko?