Not a PANIC thread, but could we PLEASE....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

....re-sign Braylon?

We have nothing to lose! I have NO faith in S.Hill - regardless of his size & potential - he's nothing more than the "John Starks" of rec'vrs; Feast or Famine!

With the exception of San Holmes, none of our WR's are trained in the art of separation or catching a pass in "traffic". At least Bray-Bray can offer some experience in a pass-heavy off game plan.

Please?

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I have a feeling that as soon as his ankle is good to go, he'll be on the Jets team again in the coming weeks.

I don't think Rex and Marty are that dumb not to see that Geno needs at least one other Vet to throw to who could actually catch the damn ball....

3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Brutha, I hope you're right!

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If Braylon was fit enough to create an inch of separation for himself, he'd never have been cut to begin with.

5. DanR

DanR Active Member

I know we Jets fans are little angry right now. But please dont compare S. Hill to John Starks. Starks was more than that.

And Edwards has been having constant injury issues since 49ers. Maybe he's not able to offer much right now. Its not like the Jets didnt get a good look at him during the offseason. I'm sure they know what they're passing up.

#5 DanR, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think he'll be back. He has size, he runs good routes and he can catch the ball. Not everything is about speed. And it's not like he's that slow.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying that. Johnny Starks was all heart and soul and a damn good player, even though game 6 in '94 haunts the shit outta me. Stephen Hill ain't in the same galaxy as Starks in terms of competitor and fiery leader and player.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Willie Colon, Mangold, Fergason

oooops, wrong thread. Carry on.

#8 Footballgod214, Sep 14, 2013
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to give up on Hill. I said it before and will say it again. At this point of his career Hill is exactly what Edwards was in Cleveland with may be more speed. Both dropping passes they should not. Edwards was kicked out of town for that too early and was a mistake. Don't want to make the same mistake with Hill.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

So much criticism of Hill, but many of us fail to acknowledge that he had 80 something yards last game. Obviously he left some on the field and he had that fumble, but the guy already has half the yards he had last season in the first two games. Not too big of an accomplishment, I know, but it shows that he has been getting better. Also, he's 22 YEARS OLD! He can only get better at this point.

And I don't want to hear about him being a lazy player. This guy didn't go home all offseason, he nursed his injury here in NJ when he could of gone home. Then he goes to Sanchez' camp back west, and then goes to Genos "camp" down south. He obviously wants to get better he's shown that he is getting better.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

agree completely. well said

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Good points. Whether you like it or not Stephen Hill is a project player. Maybe it was a bad pick, but he's on the Jets now. Did people really expect him to light the world as a first or second year player? Hill has some excellent skills, but everyone knew his hands were suspect (I know - not a good trait for a WR). It's still too early to give up on Hill.

That being said, I have no problem with bringing Braylon in (assuming he's healthy). His hands are good - that one catch that he made on a Sanchez pass in preseason was just excellent. There is nothing wrong with bringing another vet in especially given the youth of the rest of the office.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what is the love affair with braylon fucking edwards? seriously i have had to listen to people fawn over him for the past 3 years while he has not played and been cut over and over again.

seriously, he is just not that good. he wasnt even really that good when he was here.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

It's because he caught a few touchdowns for us once and now people are desperately sick of watching Clyde Gates drop balls left and right.

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If there were a lot of options out there or the Jets WR were mistake free then you wouldn't hear calls for Braylon. The fact is that while Braylon was here he played well. Most realize that there is something stopping Braylon from signing on somewhere else. However, as a Jet he's caught everything thrown to him lately (even this preseason). Now maybe he doesn't have the skills to get open as much as he used to. When you watch the a team on TV it's hard to see if the WR's are failing to get open. Therefore, one of ways you can judge guys is do they catch the ball and hold onto the ball.

Obviously, the Jet WR weren't adept at holding on to the ball the last game. What harm would bringing Braylon in (assuming he's healthy)? Would it really stunt the growth of our current WR's to bring Braylon in?

16. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

If you don't like people talking about Braylon, well then that's just too bad.

He's better than Clyde F'n Gates in that HE CAN ACTUALLY CATCH THE FOOTBALL.

#16 Braylon4ever, Sep 14, 2013
  17. cathyjets

cathyjets New Member

What about Ryan Spadola? Why are they not giving him a shot? He proved himself in camp and pre-season.

18. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

The Jets FO has no reason to sign an over-the-hill WR who had a good year and a half on this team 3 years ago.

They need to let the young guys play, go through growing pains, and hopefully develop into solid WRs for going forward.

The worst thing for a young WRs development is to not play. Let him get out there, make his mistakes, and hopefully improve for the future.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The flip side to that is it's even worse to try and develop an NFL QB with scrubs who aren't going to develop into NFL WR.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

He can catch but has zero ability to get open. How many more fuck Braylon threads do we need. He is 10000% done. He cannot get a single inch open as someone said earlier. The LAST thing Geno needs is another receiver with absolutely zero seperation. ZERO.