2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Bills had some ultra timely turnovers to. Brady fumbled on 4th and goal from inches away. Then before the end of the second half, Ridley fumbled which lead to a Manuel TD.

That game should have been a rout, Bills hung in and made plays though.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I like our chances just because we are at home against a rookie QB. Also we have been successful against the Bills at home lately.

3. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Yes Garcon is fast, but they both run good routes.

4. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Some people say that Stevie Johnson is not a route runner at all, he just gets off the line really well. Maybe it's all just semantics but I think he is running routes albeit unconventional/personalized routes. Not what Jerry Rice to Larry Fitzgerald would run and what we understand to be classic, standardized patterns.
    He's not at all like Pierre Garçon though. Not at all.

5. timekills

timekills Member

You must not realize that Brick's ejection was for throwing a punch AT A REF.

On a scale of late hit to pulling off Incognito's helmet and swinging at him with it it's closer to Last Boy Scout pulling out pistol and shooting player.

6. timekills

timekills Member

I think it was +2. The Bills turned the ball over twice deep in their end as well leading to two Pats scores. Both teams gained and lost effectively the same due to turnovers.

7. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Basically, same size, same age, and same ability. Why not?

8. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

This is going to be a HUGE game. Can't start 0-2 in the division. With this mini bye week I'd imagine Kerley/Coples should be ready to play.

9. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Mostly because they have very different skill sets.
    Jets receivers are struggling but contrary to popular opinion the Bills wide receivers are actually not a whole lot better, if at all. Stevie Johnson is their only proven guy. He is # 1 only by default. They do not have a true # 1.
    After him they have Woods (who is unproven), TJ Graham who is a bust and wasted third round pick, Goodwin who is another speed guy totally unproven as a legit receiving option (why they need two of those I have no idea), Marcus Easley who never sees the field except on STs and Hogan, who is a fringe possession receiver who can hardly make an NFL roster and has yet to see live action. Why people think the WRs are a strength of this team is beyond me.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I think we are going to have a hard time covering their receivers.. Cromartie looks like a shell of himself and if Milliner plays, Robert Woods is going to have a field day.

Also, we must contain CJ Spiller.. If we let him get to the outside, we can kiss this game goodbye.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I hear ya.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Tougher game than NE for sure.

Once again time of possession will be key. Our OL will be a shell of itself depending what happens to Brick, Mangold and Colon, so running might be a tough go.

If our secondary plays like they did against NE we are in for a long day. Pressure and sacks to EJ Manual might be the only answer, but then again he can score with his legs.

Im very worried about this game

13. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

I like rex one a long week with time to prep for a rookie qb , which he does have great numbers against. The luck game comes to mind last year

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

So you are saying that none of the WRs are good because they're unproven, and they're unproven because they've only played 1 game? By that logic, no rookie, ever, is a good player. I guess Geno Smith, Sheldon Richardson, and Dee Milliner stink too, since they're unproven. Really makes no sense.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Turnovers were 3-2 Buffalo. And what turnover is NOT timely? Both of Buffalo's turnovers gave NE possession inside their own 30 yard line. Its pretty hard to win when you shut down NE's offense all day, but give them those two gimmies. So no, it "shouldnt have been a rout."

16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Brick absolutely did not throw a punch at a ref. Colon inadvertently made contact with the ref during the fight. Brick was punching a Patriot.

17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

The Patriots did a much better job than the Bills of moving the ball that night. They significantly outproduced Buffalo in Passing Yards, Rushing Yards, 1st downs, 3rd down conversion rate, Time of Possession, etc. The Bills' offense only made it onto the NE side of the field twice, and one of those times they started there so really only once. The Patriots offense made it into Buffalo territory nine times, of which they started there three.

That game never would have been a rout - the Buffalo defense was pretty stingy on their side of the field. But if both teams went without any turnovers I think NE wins by greater than one score.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Bills and Pats fans fighting on a Jets board. I love it. :)

19. foreboding

foreboding Member

Classy post. Good luck to you as well.

20. foreboding

foreboding Member

He will I bet, he looked good. I was surprised they did not run him into the ground with a rookie QB, the way he was running and they were blocking.