lol Stephen Hill

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Sep 13, 2013.

1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Also want to point out that he's got 10 catches for 125 yards in 2 games which puts him on pace for 80 catches and 1000 yards on the year.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he's not going to reach that anyway so whats the point. It would take 30 drops a season for him to reach 80 catches.

He also has 1 fumble in 2 games. Can I project out that he's going to have 8 fumbles this season? God I hope not.

#62 BrowningNagle, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

The point is that he was extremely raw coming out of college and he's still raw but seems to be going in the right direction. Also I count 1 drop in 2 games so that is on pace for 8 drops on the season which is a little different than 30. The fumble was absolutely atrocious and unforgiveable but it seems like he has learned how to catch and get open markedly better than last year so far. If that continues to be the case then there's no reason he can't learn the finer points like holding on after you catch and then eventually picking up on the savvy veteran moves this year. He's still a work in progress but he's creating production and stats speak.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I see the same player we saw last year, myself.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

and peyton manning is on pace to throw 112 TDs...what is your point? You can't take 2 games and project that out over the season.

just look at what you are seeing and stop projecting out stats from 2 games over 16.

so he caught the ball on that play, it ended up on the turf...point is he's costing us big plays and really if you look at it was a big reason why we lost yesterday.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Let him play. Ducasse with time became a good player and we were all bashing him from day 1. So let time pass

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

It doesn't look to my eyes like 10 catches for 125 are any kind of statistical aberration for Hill like 112 TD's are for one of the best QB's in football. The fumble was a bonehead play and he needs to work on it. He seems to do everything a big freaky athletic WR should do, he just needs to learn to finish like them. Last year he couldn't catch a little bit, so far he's catching pretty well this year. Now he learned that after you catch you have to hold on. If he actually learns the lessons the pieces are there. Look at Ducasse everybody did nothing but shit on him for 3 years with good reason but the athleticism was always there and now maybe he could become a key piece to the OL for years to come. Hill seems to have more athletic upside than Ducasse and he's progressed further mentally than Vlad at the same stage. Hill is a project learning on the fly under a lot of scrutiny. If he didn't cough up that rock everybody would be pretty high on him right now but he did. Now he has to learn to stop doing that. That's all.

8. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

He is 22 years old. Give it time. He was open more than he was thrown to yesterday. Half the people on here are defending Sanchez after 4 years and he was raw coming out of college. Stephen Hill is 22 give him more than the 10 games or so that he has played in. I still say the fumble was a fluke play. It wasn't knocked out by arms it was kicked out of his hands.

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Did anyone notice how he just swatted at the d back and didn't try to tackle him when the ball was picked off? This guy is garbage; along with clyde gates.

10. The negativity on here makes me wanna puke.

He was our leading receiver both last week & this week. ALL the WR's on BOTH teams were dropping balls.

It's beyond shocking to me how clueless some of you are about player development. Young guys have to work through mistakes...

You act like he wasn't productive..

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's more his shocking lack of accountability that annoyed me as much as anything else. I thought Ray Lucas was going to have a coronary on the postgame after he heard those comments.

12. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Hill is very unaware of what is going on around him during a football game.

13. 4 REC, 86 YDS says otherwise.

14. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Lets not sugarcoat this. After the fumble he didn't even try to tackle the defender, then another time after the INT he did the same. Very unaware and gives no fucks.

15. SienaSaints

Didn't Hill make the tackle at the 8?

Edit: Just rewatched. He made the tackle. Good try.

#75 SienaSaints, Sep 13, 2013
  16. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Are you talking about when the guy went out of bounds? Hill threw his arms up and gave up lol.

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

18. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Everyone is going full retard. I'm not sure if it's because of the hang overs. It's not easy to catch a deep, fast ball in the rain. Which every receiver was struggling with. Not just hill. Although, he should have held onto the ball with both hands when Talib foot fumbled the ball. The deep middle catch could have been caught but the defender did tip it a bit.

Hill did make some drops, but saying that he is a bust and wasted talent is completely insane.

19. SienaSaints

On the fumble watch the replay and see who made the tackle.

You can't see him make the tackle because it gets blocked. But he does.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

#79 SienaSaints, Sep 13, 2013
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Hill is horrible. I'm sure Terry Bradway probably gave the go ahead to Jets brass when scouting Hill. For this move alone Bradway should've been fired. No idea how Bradway still has a job with this franchise. It's pathetic. Hill doesn't even move like a WR if you watch him out there. He looks so un-natural when trying to catch balls. What a bust of a pick he was. But wait, the Jets scouting dept. is considered one of the best in the league. By who? Woody Johnson? What a crock.