Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It absolutely was embarrassing. It was our chance to get a W vs them, because when they come here later in the season, it could get ugly for us. They won't be the same team.. They'll be better.

2. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

I'm so embarassed that our team with a rookie QB in his 2nd game and first road game lost by 3 to the mighty Patriots and great Tom Brady..

3. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

We're not going to improve?

Getting back Jeremy Kerley & Mike Goodson.

A healthier Holmes.

Geno Smith, Dee Milliner and our wideouts having more experience.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

But that wasn't the mighty Patriots - that was a team with no name receivers, no tight end, and no running game. They were a below average team with a bunch of free agent receivers.

The Jets offense need to average 18 pts a game -- not 14...hell even 14 woul dhave worked last night

5. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

WHAT THE FUCK DO WE HAVE AT WIDEOUT & TIGHT END?

We have no name guys too. With a rookie QB. On the road.

I don't get how we were expecting a win there..

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Geno got them from Mayock last night I thought.

The big difference was that when Brady missed on a pass he overthrew his receivers, and when Geno did he underthrew. Underthrows have a much better chance of getting picked.

If I was a Jets fan, All in all, I'd be feeling pretty good about Geno so far. You can certainly see the upside potential with him.

7. 85inthehall

We have Holmes being paid millions, Hill a second round pick, Powell/Ivory in the back field that ran for over 140 yards, Winslow who does enough to command a defender.

It's not like last year when it was a MASH unit.

If they lost because the Pats played amazing defense I would be okay with it, but Smith threw the game away. Could have had Randy Moss in his prime out there, but you throw a deep ball 5 yards behind a receiver what is going to happen?

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. Throw in it's a short week, something he's not used to, in wet weather, with the game there to be won. He's going to force it, have a tired arm. It would almost be more of a shock if he didn't make the errors.

9. 85inthehall

Tired arm? He threw the ball 34 times -- his arm is tired at 22?

Please he seems to lack touch on deep balls.

If he can't play in some rain how will he handle the wind in Met Life in a few weeks?

Smith was a great short passer at WV. If you want to play the tom brady dink and dunk game you need to be on time, on target, and understand where guys are supposed to be.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Coming off a major injury.

Which we had last season, and he's still unpolished.

Neither of whom ever had a 1000 yard season.

Winslow who was out of football last season.

It's the same crap as last year except no Kerley. Gates and Hill getting playing time. There is very little talent on this offense. In fact going into last season we had a better WR's/TE's with Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Kearly, etc.

Bullshit. The WR's were awful, Smith was knocked down 9 times, got sacked 3 times and was under pressure all night. He had a few bad throws, nowhere near as bad as the drops were.

11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of what you said, however..... those 3 sacks were all Geno holding onto the damn ball to long.

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Wait, what? "Lightyears"? What receiver did Geno have last night that Mark didn't have last year? Spadola? Winslow? That's "lightyears better than what mark had to work with last year"?

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Tough to blame him for holding the ball too long when no one gets open. On his sacks, NFL Network showed the aerial view, and all the receivers were blanketed.

I do, however, wish when that happens he looks to wrong. He's got decent speed for a QB. He got to the edge a couple times last night for 1st down gains.

14. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Yeah definitely Geno's fault on that Hill drop and Hill's fumble at midfield on the opening drive.

Holmes is coming off his injury. Not completely healthy.

I liked what I saw last night out of Geno.

Note to everyone: The Pats will be getting back Amendola & Gronk. Who may just get hurt again as their made out of glass. It's not like their getting Welker & Hernandez back too.

15. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Tone down your expectations for this season. We aren't competing for the division this year & shouldn't be expected to with a rookie QB with no weapons.

16. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

I cannot believe no one is talking about the Refs

I know this may sound like sour grapes, but even with everything that happened, the refs royally screwed us. It's one thing to take sides but last night was like nothing I have ever seen.

On the touchdown to Gates, I could see TD, INT or ball down at the 1. The one thing I could not see was an incomplete pass. No where in any replay that I saw did the ball touch the ground.

On the interception that wasn't, the replay ref just blew it, big time. Even today, it's being reported that the ref just blew it. Edelman had both feet on the ground BEFORE the ball was stripped.

AND REMEMBER,ON BOTH OF THOSE PLAYS THE ON FIELD REF CALLED IT OUR WAY AND THEY WERE OVERTURNED!!!!!!! It's supposed to be conclusive proof to overturn.

On Hill's 3rd & 1, the knee was on the defender and he wasn't down until his hip or elbow hit the ground. It still might have been short but it would have been inches short, not a full yard.

How about the blatant block in the back by #91 on the patriots long punt return?

On the Patriots first drive, I thought a pass had to be catchable for there to be holding/interference. Brady threw long and the receiver broke short. Ball was completely uncatchable.

And on our last drive, the pass that bounced off of Holmes' while he was on the ground? Well the reason he was on the ground was because he was pushed. Another great missed call.

Guys, don't get me wrong. I agree with all the complaints on this board. We should have been giving them a huge dose of Ivory in the 4th. Patriots were gassed and our OL was doing great. MM screwed the pooch on that one big time. Geno's 3 INTs were reminciscent of Sanchez but it was only his second game. Hill, Gates & Powell all had big drops as did Spadola. Bottom line we lost this game, but it's one thing to have to play the Pats even up. It's another to have to overcome bad officiating too.

17. jlee499

jlee499 Member

This! I am really tired of everything that happens with this team being about Sanchez. Can we please just stop with the Sanchez references. He is old news, besides, this fan base will find plenty to complain about without Sanchez. It's what we do best... 2nd game of the season with a rookie QB and we are already doomed according to some.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

some guy named Santonio Holmes
    a healthy 2nd year Stephen Hill
    a full offseason for Clyde Gates
    an experienced Jeff Cumberland
    Kellen Winslow
    a good OL
    a good run game
    a good OC

how is this not obvious to everyone?

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Fun Fact: The Pats punted more times (11) Thursday night than they had in any game over the past decade.

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

no one was open on a couple