Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Listening to Colin Cowhard make excuses for the Patd

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

In the first two games, the D-Line has consistently won the LOS battle
    Many times in both games the initial hit was made well in the backfield
    Not much escaping & slithering for 2-3 yards, as has been the case in past years

There was pressure. Belichek said so at halftime
    Brady was getting rid of the ball faster than usual last night
    That was a direct result of the pressure

D-Line looks good (lets hope Richardson & Wilk are ok)

A good team can be built from the D-Line out

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

if this is the biggest stress in your life...well..you're doing very well. and i'm happy about that :)

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Big ups to Vlad, who did a nice job against Wilfork on several plays. Really demonstrated his strength, as Wilfork is massive.

Geno had his good and bad moments. He can't turn over the ball; that's unacceptable, especially when we had a chance to tie the game deep into the second Half.

The WR corps was/is an abomination. Aside from the horrendous drops, they also weren't getting open -- or they were taking too long to get open. Maybe Belichick had his DBs jamming the Jets WRs to mess with Geno's timing & rhythm; that's something that can really fuck with an inexperienced Qb; it was glaringly obvious on the slant routes.

I think Idzik needs to put his money where his mouth is, in regards to the 'competition' mantra. Gates should be moved down the depth chart and let's see if the next guy can step up.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Does anyone have an official count on the number of drops the Jets WR's had yesterday?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 28s
    On passes that flew 10+ yards in the air last night Tom Brady was 2 of 14 for 77 yards and a TD. And the TD was an uncovered blown coverage
    Expand

7. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Listen to Joe and Evan instead. They said that Geno deserved the same excuses that Brady got. Worst collection of receivers that they have ever seen. Not like the Jets aren't missing Kerley and Goodson.

8. BookEndTackles 72&79

Going into the game I was worried about Vlad vs. Wilfork and it was great to hear Mayock pointing out Vlad a few times stalemating or even pushing Wilfork back. Pretty impressive.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yep exactly.

I wonder if a guy like Wilfork (big, strong, space-eating, pocket-collapsing DT) is actually a better matchup for Vlad because that type of player is someone who Vlad can battle. I feel like the quicker interior DLmen are the ones Vlad might struggle more against.

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Now that I've had time to sleep...I'm on the page of our Offense: I'm over it. Our WR's suck donkey ass and until we have some decent ones Geno is never going to progress at the rate he needs to.

I'm worried about Wilkerson and Richardson...which leads me to the one lone disgusting thing I saw from our defense.

THEY WERE ON THE FIELD TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Anytime your offense blows monkey ass and puts your defense on the field an inordinate amount of time your probability of injury increases exponentially. Yes...we have the makings of a fantastically wonderful defense but that will be null and void if they are on the field so much that it increases their risk to injury 10 fold!!!!!

Let me edit this real quick...we won the time of possession by a large chunk. I'm talking about Snaps...and this is not necessarily meant for just this game but as we go on down the path of the season.

#230 mezzavo, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not getting too down on geno yet. he looked like a rookie starting his first road game in bad weather. it appeared to me that he was thinking more than playing. the arrow is still pointing up though and as long as he is getting the reps the timing with the wr's will get better and his accuracy will increase.

i think we see brian winters at G next week as colon will propably be suspended.
    any word on mo and sheldon?

12. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

I have to agree, I can't give a pass on his game management the last 2 weeks. The challenge on the spot was typical of him, waste of a challenge and a TO. Rex needs to stop playing DC and more HC. Why not tell Marty to run the ball on the 27 in FG range and take the pressure off your rookie QB? The game should have been tied at that point. Game was there to be taken last night, they will not be this easy to beat next time. It's the same hapless crap I've been watching for the last 4+ years, Rex is not a good HC. How many times do we have to see BB coach like our HC should? The pats had no running game and one good receiver but he would have run at the 27 and taken the FG. Rex is a dead man walking and who do we replace him with, who knows? And WTF is up with no one to recover punts?

Head Scratching behavior....

13. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Dude Vlad is strong as an Ox.I hear he can incline bench 405lbs for reps

14. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

How embarrassing was this lost?

To me, that was very embarrassing. The have to go to the Yankees losing a 3-0 series lead.
    That was the patriots second tier WRs and TEs.
    Our Top 10 pick was getting school by a tryout player.
    (Couldn't find him or cover him.)
    Everyone under the sun knew Edelman was going to be targeted an lot.
    But the Jets couldn't come up with a player or game plan to stop him.
    LORDY, Lordy, Ooohhh Lordy please tell a team with a worst set of receivers.
    Geno did throw some bad int's. But he was failed by his receivers. BIG TIME!
    Catching would have put the patriots away in the first half. (They should have just been on ez mode in the second half.) But they couldn't get open or catch.

To me all of that on the same day at the same damn time is to me,
    VERY EMBARRASSING.

15. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this does not make a lot of sense. Like you mentioned, we won TOP by 8 minutes and had 71 plays to their 64, so not sure in what sense the defense was on the field for too long.

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Same day at the same time.. Got it.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is a really dumb thread. Very embarrassing?

We were on the road, we shut that Pats offense down at foxboro, Brady had his worst game ever, we stunk on offense but we already know that suck on offense.

Embarrassing is when you get shut out, we were in the game the whole time.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

not as embarrassing as this thread

19. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Correct.. Embarrassing is the wrong for this... Sloppy would fit better.

20. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Relax................It can only go up from here