Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. DogWarZ

DogWarZ Active Member

Shut down brady LOL! yeah shut him down with scrubs and rookies omg..yeah isee this team shutting down the Falcons or saints et the Bills Put it on the jets all day next sunday

2. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

I understand it was a nice defensive effort but the NE receivers were WIDE OPEN all night in the secondary. If not for dropped passes and Brady being human this game could have been a blowout.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

at home with a strong run game and defense

did you see Mark's stats his first game vs New England in New England

4 picks, if thats the case he should have never seen the field again

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Junc's argument might be valid if Sanchez could ever get the ball close enough to a receiver so he could drop the ball. But that is something he could not do very often.

That being said I think Geno was not near as good as he was last week. He lacked the patience and poise in the pocket that he had last week. He forced more balls and did not use his feet to extend plays and extend drives like he did last week.

He played well enough for what he was asked to do. As far as who to blame. One can blame Geno for the 1st INT. That was a bad throw especially considering the circumstances. The 2nd INT was not bad as it was third down and he was trying to make a play. He just made a poor decision and poor throw. But I can live with the second INT. But the first is one he cannot make.

Besides Geno someone needed to step up and make a play. That did not happen. We had a lot of drives stopped because of drops.

The OL had problems again. NE was getting to Geno without having to blitz. Although our run game looked much better.

The defense may have contained NE but IMO they played terrible. Horrible breakdowns in coverage. All we had to do all night was worry about Edeleman and we struggled with that. NE if they were not terrible should have torched our defense.

Overall I don't think we played anywhere near as good as we did against Tampa. NE right now is a pretty bad team. Tampa would have blown us out if we played like this.

#124 Noam, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  5. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

What part about Mark Sanchez not playing again this year don't you understand? If they benched him it wouldn't be for a 4 year bust, unless Simms has played on a secret undercover Football team for the past 4 years.

6. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

That monster is worthless. DL better be good when u keep isomg 1st rd picks on it.

Fuck me? Fuck you!

7. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

The emotional toll that the Jets place on their fan base is devastating. The NFL should conduct brain evaluations on us rather than retired players. Worst part is having to defend these idiots at work tomorrow. I may consider taking D'Bricks approach and come out swinging. Fuck us.

8. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I remember.

I also remember us having the best running game in the league, the best defense in the league, and better receivers than Clyde Gates. Oh, and we were home.

9. Gunther

Gunther Member

Where did this guy Gates come from. I don't want to see him out there again. WRs could have done a better job fighting for the ball.

10. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Dolphins ......

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

See...I think Geno's issues towards the end were DIRECTLY related to the horrible WR corps. When you've got guys dropping balls left and right on you then you begin to press. Personally, I'd have rather seen him pull the ball down and run more once he lost confidence in the WR group.

Hill is a disaster...he is so inconsistent and when you look into his eyes he just doesn't appear to have any confidence. I'd have to say I agree with the posters who are calling for Edwards and Lloyd. They most certainly can't be WORSE than what we have. Holmes is about 80%...and working it back to game shape...we get some help and hopefully we are at the very least still IN some games.

Marty has got to learn that with a young guy under center...run the ball.

Hilarious...I'm listening to the after game show and Michael Irvin just said he'd go into the locker room right now and "Cut Clyde Gates." Thought that was funny.

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

It was overreaction. My apologies to Junc.

We had plenty of opportunities. Again, not our night. Very frustrating.

...and the debates go on.

13. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. This post exactly.

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

done already.

thanks for taking the patient response from all of this. it was in their hands and they... well they dropped the ball. ALOT.

geno had some good composure early on and made some bad throws late. we've seen him keep in it in the clutch and we've seen him lose in it. thats the end of it really, thinking anything else is an overreaction.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm saying if Geno should be benched after tonight, hell some said after last week

then Mark should never have seen the field after his rookie year

the kid is going to make mistakes, crucial ones, bad reads, bad throws, late throws until he gets enough film to see what he's doing wrong he wont be able to fix it

its a process

16. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

That is misleading. Yes, he forced things in the 4th quarter, but he was throwing the ball well overall. Several great throws were dropped.

I didn't like the Geno pick, but I am very encouraged by what I am seeing from him. He may not lead them to the playoffs this year, but I definitely see potential in him to be a very good player.

17. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I had the same expectations, and they were met. But yeah, I can't help it: it pains me to come so close to beating the Patriots, only to lose due to self-inflicted wounds.

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I have to say some of you jet fans are down right sad.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

I have never seen this many costly drops in a single game. Our receivers were bad last year, but this was some of the worst WR play Ive seen.

Maybe I just erased how bad they were from my memory...

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This... ^^^^^^^

I swear I literally lose years off my life every single game. When was the last time we went into a game and just completely dominated? Maybe the Opener last year against Buffalo....

Why in the hell do the NY Jets have to make nearly every single game seem like a "tooth" pull?