2013 Week 2 - New York Jets @ New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

He was facing pressure all day in that game too

2. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

3 yards and a cloud of dust. Belichick is going to bring back the Wing T

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tavon Austin won him that game- haters

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Said the non Jets fan

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

How am I a non-Jets fan

6. Hobbes3259

Well, lets rewind.

You prefer to have the guy, that actually lost the QB competition starting, so..,that makes you a Geno fan, not a Jets fan.

secondarily, thats exactly what you called me after the game on Sunday for having the temerity to actually critique his performance, as Ok, rather than playing well.

He threw a sloppy pick, gave up a fumble insode the 5 that resulted in 7, while leading the offense to a mighty 13 points. Net 6. Without 5 gift points....we arent in that game. He played, OK.

Now, Im sorry of you think thats better than OK, but me pointing it out makes me not a Jets fan?

Personally I want the guy on the foeld that gives us the best chance to win, and honestly absent injury Geno isnt that guy yet.

And PS. Theo ly reason his performance was even OK...was because once again, the "fearsome NYJets defense" was handed a late lead and blew it.Yet again.

I was giving him the credit for getting the team there.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Formula to victory:

1. DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER MORE THAN ONCE!!!
    2. Stop the run on 1st down to set up 2nd and long situations.
    3. Generate pressure up the middle on Brady with our defensive line
    4. Hold the Patriots to 35% or worse on 3rd down.

Honestly, without Amendola and Vereen, our defense matches up very well with the Patriots. The Patriots had four guys who were matchup nightmares for us: Vereen, Welker/Amendola, Gronk and Hernandez. Now all 4 are gone.

If our offense is competent, there's no reason we can't compete in this game and possibly win it. As bad as we say the Jets' offensive weapons are, they're CLEARLY better than New England's at this stage. Of course, they have Tom Brady to make up the difference, we don't.

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Here's what I expect to see Thursday:

Lots of fake blitz looks.

Lots of 3 or 4 man rushes

Not many edge rushes, but some double A gap blitzing

Muddle huddle

Lots of man looks that switch to zone.

Safeties in tight.

More Jets points than NE points.

9. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't a Jets fan support whomever starts as Qb, regardless of who they prefer?

Geno did play OK, but it was also his first game as a rookie. In my mind he played better than expected, well enough to grant him a start against the Patriots even if Sanchez were healthy.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

first off I prefer to have the guy who will likely be here long term out there for the best interest of the Jets, also if 3 INT's lost Geno the job then how the hell does 52 turnovers in 2 years allow Mark to even compete for it

second you didn't critique his performance, you continued to make a case for Mark to be out there. Geno made rookie mistakes because he's a rookie, we all knew going in he'd likely be picked off or fumbled. He made a bad read but got better as the game went on

he played good for a rookie and the team hasn't had this much excitement around it in a while, you critique ,in your words, his performance and use "if" to make a case for him actually not being good

"if" Sanchez didn't play bad the last 2 years Geno wouldn't be out here, "if" the Colts dont rest guys in 2009 no one can say Mark led us to back to back AFCCG, the point is those things DID happen and no one can change them

Geno led us down the field and we made the go ahead field goal, then the defense almost blew it and Tampa Bay got the lead back while Geno again was poised and got us in FG range to win the game

he made mistakes but played good and the team won

so question my fanhood all you want but whether it'd be Mark or Geno I will support both, do I have my preference yes I do but I'm a Jets fan until one of us exist no longer

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Here we go again ...

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

He did his job. Period. He threw a pick on a miscommunication with his RB. Its hard to take you seriously when you critique Geno, yet defend Sanchez on his bone-headed mistakes (and thats putting it nicely).

And talk about "context"? He is a rookie, who went up against arguable a top 3 defense. He had no help from a run game, and was pressured constantly. He did his job and helped the Jets win. He also showed a lot of positives too.

13. Hobbes3259

I was ribbing him for calling me not a fan.

I am supporting Geno. Check my posts, i probably typed "he gets a pass" more than any other phrase rhis week.

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Can you guys please keep your qb flame wars in the other threads. Thanks.

As for this game, I like the fact that Amendola isn't playing. That helps the jets a lot. I think they have a realistic chance to win.

15. Hobbes3259

Vereen, and Chinadolladolla not playing os helpful.

But neither matters,

The one thing that wins or loses this game, is where the CBs line up.

Line up, press coverage, one sidestep inside, then turn and mirror, youve eliminated theor passing game, rush 5 every down, and two things follow.

No rush game. And Brady doesnt get to find the next option.

I watched their game today.

Its that simple.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

note einstein's impressive stash of vCash.

17. Hobbes3259

Always betting on the team, is a far diferent endeavor.

However, Dr.Oppenheimer, the Pats games is ridiculously simple, to break down and counteract.

The only reason, they remain dominant offensively, is because coordinators, like poets, and recording artists remain mired in their formulas. Thats why Schotty still sucks.

Pressure from the line, and taking away the slant, with inside physical corner play beats Brady,

Now, Dr. Go back and recite the Jets first round picks after Sanchez.

Do you spell cow, c.o.w.e.i.e.i.o too?

I wont expect an answer. Because that list shows one of two things..,youre an antagonist, or clueless.

Neither version...accomodating.

One thing is true.

Rex and Idzik, see it that way too.

#197 Hobbes3259, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure a Pats fan could go into much more detail, but that offense has changed a decent amount from 2007 to 2012, but they still remained top offense in the regular season. They are so hard to beat because their QB is smart, accurate, and can set the offense up to do so many different things from so many different formations.

You are correct though, pressure up the middle and tight corner is one of the best if not only strategy to take out the Pats. The other way to go is to try and beat them in shootout which has gotten a littler easier to do since their defensive back end is still in flux, but is getting better from their recent bad years.

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think that Harris, Davis, Pace and even Landry should be up on the line of scrimmage jacking the TEs and slot receivers off their routes. If the front 4 can get pursue without too much blitzing, maybe the defense can hold the pats to under 24.

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

If he can emulate the multiple Superbowl wins he can be as big of a wuss as he wants to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.