Jets Will Beat Pats Thursday....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The Oline is a HUGE concern. They could not handle the Buc's D Line stunts, and obviously were inept at opening holes for the backs. You can bet your bottom dollar that Belidick is licking his chops watching the films. They have 3 days to make adjustments, or it is going to be a VERY long and painful game on Thursday.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think that's the main reason he has been coming up with that universal base set to cover multiple offensive alignments. He's countering the no huddle.

Not sure if it will work, but it'll be interesting.

3. Patriots have a very different style of Defense compared to the Bucs. They typically have the 5 techniques across the DL. Outside of Wilfork(who is of course more of a space clogging run stuffer) they really don't have the personnel to cause chaos 1 gapping or stunting.

If the Jets struggle w/ pressure it will be more the result of straight up blitzing or pass rush from the outside by guys like Chandler Jones.

I wouldn't expect the aggressive 1 gap/penetration type looks from New England. And if they get it...that might be a good thing b/c I don't see a Gerard McCoy or Adrian Claibourne anywhere on their roster who are gonna cause havoc on the interior.

Wilfork can be a handful but more in terms of sheer space occupation..in which case blocking him is solely about leverage.

4. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

I hope the Jets win, but I'm not even worried about that to be honest. We're walking into this game with house money; I just want us to play well and be in a close game late. Let the defense play great, pound on Brady, let Geno compete and not turn the ball over. After that, whatever happens, happens. If we win, that's a bonus, but I won't take a loss too hard. I don't expect to win this game - even against a less than stellar Pats side. We still have a rookie QB in his first road game, while dealing with injuries and we're still working on putting in a new offense. There are going to be bumps in the road, you kind of have to expect them coming in games like @ NE.

I just want to see continual improvement, game to game, week to week. It's a rebuilding year, let's rebuild right & have something to show for it when we're done.

I'm just looking for them to play well, cut down on some mistakes, and make the game a fight.

5. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I think our team has a great shot at winning this game on Thursday. The Patriots are not the same team they used to be. And the fact that our defense always shows up on nationally televised games.

All I am reading in this thread is about Brady vs our secondary. But this game is going to be really about Geno verses the Patriots defense. We won't have Dirty behind center s******* the bed for us this time.

I'm not saying we're a great team all of a sudden, we still suck, I just think we can win this next game.

6. srvmccready

srvmccready Member

2010 MNF, ring a bell?

7. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Demario Davis
    Sheldon Richardson
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Dee Milliner
    Antonio Allen
    Dawan Landry
    Damon Harrison
    Quinton Coples

8/11 of our starters were not on the 2010 team. Irrelevant point.

On a lighter note, looks like Amendola is also unlikely for Thursday. I'd not only take the points, but the Jets to win it.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Amendola unlikely but just consider him out...nobody re pulls a groin and plays 3 days later...the pats will rest him up with an extended rest opportunity.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I just don't see how we beat New Enlgand in a short week after that bloodbath we went through on Sunday. It's quite a tall order, especially with a rookie QB. Hope I'm wrong of course.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

what does our game on sunday have to do with Thursday using your logic?

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Huge loss -- so they will be without Vereen - 14 carries 102 yards / 7 catches for 58 yards /and Amendola 10 catches 104 yards.

#151 85inthehall, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wtf? What game are you talking about? New England's with Buffalo?

13. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I think this is a classic Jets let down game. Everyone is way up on Geno and many people are proclaiming him the second coming. I unfortunately feel that he is due for a let down game. Its not that I do not believe in his talent, because I think he can be a great QB in this league, but I am just going off of what happens to the Jets frequently.

I'm expecting to wake up Friday pissed off and come on here and read other people pissed off. I would love to be proven wrong.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets karma changed as soon as that late hit happened out of bounds with 7 seconds left..and other Jet game in the last..hmmm..maybe 10 years and we don't come back after giving up that go ahead FG.

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that all. Mostly people are just claiming they want him to play over Sanchez. If that defines someone as being the "second coming" there are about 25 other QBs currently in this league that would probably fit the bill as well (note: 25 is used for effect, don't be a dick and ask me to list all of them that's not what this is about).

Also I don't see how losing a game we are considered to be massive underdogs in can be considered a "let down" game. We're supposed to lose this one. The only way it would be a let down is if they are winning at some point and let it slip away, but even then it wouldn't be a huge let down as we probably kept it closer than we should have been.

That being said I don't believe in moral victories. You either get the win or you don't, that's it. So it would be a let down if we lose like it is a let down to lose any game. The let down game is more like when we play a team that is worse than us in the standings and just come out completely flat. Which will happen at some point this season, likely more than a few times.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Who is way up on Geno? Geno did enough to win and more than enough to lose. He played a good half, but needs to make quicker decisions and protect the ball better. The Jets as a whole on offense better find a running game because that is needed to keep Tom Brady on the bench. Can't let them run 90 plays.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It will come down to out offense against there defense. Can we score 20 points? I think the defense can do there job. Pats defense is pretty good. We gotta run the ball better then last week. Good time to play them.

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Not trying to go SOJ on you here(there were plenty of similar games in 2010-Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Denver- and 2011-Dallas- just to name a few. Its just the way that rookie QBs tend to play as well.

19. JAG

JAG New Member

Its a pick'em and I could see less than 30 points scored..in total (Unless theres 2+ defensive scores/turn overs to give short fields). Pats are decimated, completely decimated and the Jets are well the Jets, the O will struggle but will still score some. Final 16-13 and not sure who wins

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We need more than 20 points but I think it can be done. Folk coming off a great game. Move the chains (Geno's scrambling will help).. move the chains... move the chains... and keep Brady off the field. Try to score on every drive, even if it's a Folk FG. This might be the time to be going for it on 4th downs too (Ivory). No Wildcats. Belichick is a master at them.

24-20 Jets.