Rex's playcalling cannot be ignored

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Jets defense gives up only 17 points.
    It's the defense's fault it was that close.

Crazy ass logic.

2. addage

addage New Member

Another SOJF Thread

Maybe Rex did mismanage the clock.

But Tampa Bay leads the league in Personal Fouls. One cost them the game.

I'll take Rex.

3. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

Everyone is getting on that one play call of how many? You all must have not seen his post game presser. Landry was in the right spot but missed the tackle. There was a blown assignment, someone was supposed to be in the flat. How about the positives?

- The D-line play
    - LB play was solid as well. Stilling waiting on Coples
    - Demario Davis hustle on that play
    - This team played with some heart

4. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this to me was inexplicable. Rex usually knows better than that. Without David's penalty, those lost seconds would have cost us the game.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If not for the penalty all we would be talking about was the poor clock management this week. But since we got the penalty Rex is brilliant. Ya he is a brilliant defensive coordinator. I suggested last week he needs a coach standing next to him to scream at him when he needs to call a TO. I still stand by that suggestion.:grin:

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

have to agree...Rex has not been poor in this area...while you might disagree with his choice of when...he rarely if ever misses like that.

As far as the one bad play...that would never bother most but the problem is the defensive breakdowns late in games over the past several years. Hey..is it nitpicking? I really dont think so..its been a problem late in games but if not for Rex and his ability to hold teams down, you might never be in the game anyway....sooooo...

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you take a TO on 1st down , then the clock runs on 4th down before they kick the ball. The idiot did not take the TO right away on 4th down and we lost 7 seconds

8. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

IF's, AND's, BUT's, WOULD'VE, COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE......

We can't dwell on hypotheticals now.

What we can deal with is reality and that is that the Jets benefitted from a bone-headed Penalty, and gladly took the Victory(as I am glad as well).

The Jets could not run the ball to save their lives but I think that had more to do with Tampa's Run D than anything else. Yeah, I know our RB's aren't anything to write home about but even JAGs at RB would've had SOME modicum of success against any other team.

Here's hoping they do this Thursday against New England. The name of the game as it always is against the Pats is Ball-Control, TOP, and Scoring Touchdowns. Keep Brady off the field as much as possible while scoring TDs and not settling for just 3 points.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dick Curl may be looking for a job......

10. Braylon4ever

That remains one of the funniest names in NFL history.

11. Mr.Green

Mr.Green Banned

But jet fans have been telling the world how great of a HC Rex is? Top ten by most accounts in this forum. Tears , cannot be made up.

The guy is an awful HC. He pimps out his wife on the internet. That's your leader? No wonder your team is a joke.

12. Mr.Green

Mr.Green Banned

I wonder how many former players have plowed his wife? C'mon we all know Marky Mark dogged her. LOL That jet fans love Rex. Speaks to a team that has won their div as many times as the jags

13. Braylon4ever

So Mr.Green, I heard you're a Jets fan and not a Pats troll looking to up your post count... :rolleyes:

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Enough already. If you have something to contribute in terms of football discussion please feel free. Next time I feel you're trolling you're done.

15. Braylon4ever

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2835415&postcount=168

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2835416&postcount=169

I think he's done.

All he ever has done was post nothing but Anti-Jets drivel and being an all-around pain in the ass.

Plus, he continues to make back-to-back posts to increase his post count.

#95 Braylon4ever, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah I don't understand it. The thing that won us the game more than anything else was stopping Doug Martin. One missed tackle after a beastly Vjax catch doesn't mean the D collapsed, and 7 of those 17 points came off the fumble at the 10 yard line, so the D really only gave up 10 points. Pretty sure the Bucs only saw the red zone once besides from the turnover.

#96 Barcs, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he pretty much is though

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

didn't you know every other coach in the league is perfect and never gets anything wrong during the game? its why every game ends 99 - 99 or 0 - 0 depending on whether they are playing an offensive or defensive style.

19. Trend

Trend Member

Well as I understand it from some of the posters on this board, in the NFL, the head coach is either perfect or must immediately be fired. In Rex's case, it appears that giving up even one 3rd down conversion is grounds for termination and this incompetent boob had the gall to allow 6 of them against Tampa. If he was really a good coach, he would have been able to shutdown the bucs offense from the sideline by sheer force of will alone (which really would have saved some wear and tear on our defensive players).

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He's the best Jets head coach in my life time (Except for maybe Parcells).