2013 Home game crowd

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mickens24, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Mickens24

Mickens24 Member

So no Fireman Ed?? Jets Chants pumped in by speakers?? What went on? How was it?

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

For being about 3/4 full, I thought the crowd was surprisingly good. Loud at the beginning and at the end.

3. allan1

allan1 Active Member

It sounded pretty lively on TV, though I don't know how it went on the chants

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The crowd was pretty good today.

5. allan1

allan1 Active Member

3/4 of 82,000 is 61,000

Didn't look like 21,000 empty seats

6. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Did they just give out those "J!" "E!" "T!" and "S!" flags?

7. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

They've also added a drumline called the a aviators for the chant but I didn't hear them much like the pre season game. The crowd was pretty loud at the game

8. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Yes they did...was nice to use after gw fg

9. GeorgeJETSon

GeorgeJETSon Member

On TV, it sounded great. Only disappointment was that it appears about half full for the winning FG. Admittedly, things like a gift PF penalty don't typically happen to us Jets fans, but it's worth seeing things through to the finish with < a minute left, if only to cheer the team for a surprisingly good performance today, win or lose.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

From TV it seemed really loud there. The boos for Revis came through loud and clear on his first pass deflection. Cheers at that unnecessary roughness sounded loud too.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

That place was rocking at times. I actually liked the flags they gave out.. Was able to get one of each letter.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It sounded good on TV. Looks like Freeman had some trouble hearing some plays and the oline false started a few times as a result. Good stuff.

13. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Crowd was good and lively, especially after the GW field goal....the chant is not the same without Ed...I can't remember 1 time when it was the whole stadium like Ed used to get going...like him or not the guy had a lot of energy and led some loud chants...

14. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I remember that while Ed's rationale for stopping his "doing the Chant" thing was because he felt it was time to hang it up, I think his constant run-ins with Drunken Retards from our very OWN FANBASE, who are jealous of his popularity, played a major role in his decision.

In a perfect world, Woody makes Ed a pseudo-full-time employee for the Jets whose main job is to do the Chant. He would be put in an area in the stands surrounded by Security to prevent said "drunken retards" from acting up again toward him....

15. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

The far reaches of the upper deck were pretty bare, but it was a lively crowd for most of the game. The false start/delay of game penalties on the Bucs first drive got the place going pretty good. I thought the chant did surprisingly well, but I suppose it helped that the Jets were in the game.

When push comes to shove I can take or leave the drumline crew but I didn't mind them. It kind of gave the game a little college football feel. The drums were probably better than most of the music selection that would've been used in lieu of them.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Mid field lower level was empty. The whole mezz sideline (jets side) was empty. And the upper end zone from Pepsi corner to the Bud Light corner was empty.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fuck Fireman Ed, tell his bitch ass to go back and root for the ... well you guys already know

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Fireman Ed decides to come back, Woody should build him a crows nest like they have in Dallas.

[​IMG]

19. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I can't tell if this post is saying it was more or less than 21k empty seats. Either way, it was about 3/4 full.

20. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

They're trying to force feed the chant by developing this system where each corner is assigned one of the letters in J-E-T-S, led by the drumline, and it's a miserable failure.

I can imagine the think tank of nerdy marketing folks with their cufflinks and masters degrees patting each other on the back for what a great idea this was. I coulda told you this would be an epic fail from the moment I heard the idea.

New Yorkers do not like authority... being directed... being told what to do. The Jets chant needs to feel organic and fan-generated. Basically, the team needs to replace Fireman Ed with a new, equally charismatic figure, but he needs his own shtick. It could be a guy in a gorilla suit painted green or something ridiculous, but you plant him, make him look like Joe Jet Fan, get him rallying people up, get him on the screens, and have him lead the chant. It might not take hold the first couple times, but people will figure it out.

Fireman Ed was a fairweather fan, and kind of a dick, but he was a necessary evil.