We will be 2-0 a week from tonight

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 5, 2013.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

preseason might not count, but it means something. week 3 is always the most telling week and they got smacked against the lions 1s using their 1s. that patriot team has less talent than last year

3. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

How? because im a JETS fan and ive been through this for over 25 years. Its going to be a miserable season and I just wish this would have happened LAST year so maybe we could have gotten a top qb in the draft. I feel like we're so cursed that we cant even have a terrible season at the right time.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I commend the OP for stimulating the Jet fans and creating a little controversy on this board by stating something positive for a freaking change. God forbid we should hold our hopes high at the beginning of the season.

Should we instead bury our heads in disgrace and proclaim before the first whistle a 3 win season. Yeh, thats what the 2% knowledgable fans would do according to the Pats troll.

I don't see a damned thing wrong with a little optimism. If it doesn't come from a Jet fan who the fuck should it come from.

The experts have already proclaimed our running game a bust and our wide receivers non NFL talent, the defense suspect, the so called 300 lb LB experiment a failure, and of course Rex has lost once again control of the team because Geno forgot his number one priority, to kiss Revis balls and watch videos of him instead of worrying about his fist start, the game plan and a short week to boot before going to NE. Laughable BS if you ask me. All this drama before playing one down.

In our hearts we know this season is a challenge, the road ahead is tough, and the competition is fierce. But we are not a team of nobodies. There is plenty of young talent on this team to root for. Above all there is nothing wrong with going forward with confidence thinking you can win every game.

Without confidence you have nothing in this league. Any team can be beat. So why not 2-0. Stranger things have happened. There would nothing sweeter than a 2-0 start with the exception of a combined 0-2 start for the Pats to shut the know it all media out.

I'm rooting for the Jets to start out strong, win or loose show the world that they are a team on the rise and not the NFL door mat of football. At the end of this season we hope to exit with our heads up high, full of promise, and eager to see them next year, knowing the best is still ahead of us.

Go Jets

#84 LAJet, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Eating lead based paint chips. Ate harmful to your health

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no, preseason doesnt mean something. it is absolutely 100% meaningless and a horrific indicator of regular season play, scheme, and success. most teams arent even playing to win, but playing to evaluate. not tipping their hands etc.

there is a reason the 4-0 preseason lions went on to go 0-16. because preseason is irrelevant

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

1 down, we will take Thursday nights game in a steal.

9. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

1-0, yeah! Very nerve-wracking- we won that game because of the all the Jets fans who showed up and didn't believe the BS #32 Power Rankings nonsense, and made some noise. Sorry Freeman!

And hmmm, how much do you guys wanna bet we don't see that clown "Red Baron" show his sorry mug around here?

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Patriots are a real team. They dont give us gimmes like the Bucs did.We lose this game. At first I thought 0-2 but ill take 1-1.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I meant steal as in another close victory. I'll go with 20-17.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Like I said prior to today's game ^. We arent as talented but when the clock hits 0 we will have more points which is not a hard task whatsoever.

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Geno acted like he could be a real NFL QB in the 2nd half which is more than I've seen from him so far. Haven't watched the DVR of the Pats/Bills yet but it seems they just squeaked by also so who knows we might have half a chance. Would be pretty awesome if this team could gel with a real QB and end up playoff bound rather than wasting another year rebuilding.

14. DogWarZ

DogWarZ Active Member

Patriots always have one stinker a season. The bills game was that stinker and they won and i guarantee Brady and beli are pissed. Their defense played real good it was the offense screwing things up. Jets are not gonna win.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Thank you Peter King. Now go get yourself a sandwich. Girls high school field hockey is on!

16. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

from your mouth to God's ears

17. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Half way there!! I think our defense will be able to keep brady in check on Thursday. This really all comes down to how our running game can bounce back from a weaker Patriots run defense.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

They usually have 2-3 but usually end up winning them so looking back you forget about them.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

New England is a good team, but now that we beat Tampa let's cut the crap with comments like the bucks were shit. Tampa has a superior D, better than NE in my opinion.
    NE has the power offense because of Brady. That's the challenge for us

If our D plays like today and we tighten up the middle some, we will give them a run for their money. I am not ready to kiss their asses thinking it will be a blood bath. Fuck that.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Scoring 16 all game long is not going to be enough against NE. Jets are going down the next game.