All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I will continue to support Revis and I do believe he's the CB in the league.

HOWEVER, I wanted to beat him more than anything.
    Good game, bang bang, Jets 1-0

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I will say, it's nice to watch Revis. I wish they focused on him more. Watching him play CB is fun.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Yeah Jackson went off...but this game was the perfect example you do not tie up a decent percent of your cap to a CB..never should.

Miss him? What fool wouldnt miss his play on the field..it was just nice seeing the millions of dollars playing against one receiver. Only problem is the Jets have not learned what the rest of the league learned is that you just play with the other guys and let him play on Revis Island alone.

Good bye...move on....come next year that money will be spent on 3 or 4 good football players that impact EVERY play.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Geno threw at Revis 4 times with one 13-yard completion, a critical first down.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lol....dead on...read my post above brother...AMEN.

6. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

If we had Revis this game, the Bucs would never have even been in it. He'd have shut down Vincent Jackson, the only player who really did anything for them.

7. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

You can't ignore Richardson's impact though. We wouldn't have him if we had Revis.

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Could've just taken Richardson at 9 though.

9. NYJets17

which would have been a dream, because Revis & Richardson > Dee & Richardson

10. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

why even post something so obvious? Yes, Revis is better than a rookie cb. Thanks for your contribution

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

He wasn't trying to start anything. He was trying to knock the ball out of Wilson hand and when Wilson turn around and saw it was Revis he smiled at him. I think Revis was just messing around.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They would also be in cap hell for years, but by all means, keep moaning about how we didn't lock down Vincent Jackson.

13. NYJets17

I understand he's a rookie, he had a decent game except for some blips. It was obvious, but it's just a post

14. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

Not really. We have cap room in the future. This year is our only really tight year right now. We are going to have 40+ million in space next year according to overthecap.com.

After 2014 you ask? Well, Antonio Cromartie comes off the books, and since Revis is a much better player than Cromartie I'd rather have let Cro walk and keep Revis at 16 than keep Cro at 12 and send Revis away.

So really, you are talking about suffering through a 2014 season with both Cro and Revis carrying big contracts (a year when we have plenty of space to do so), and after that having a totally affordable CB corps.

But hey, keep on with that Myth about how it was going to "destroy" our cap to keep him.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There are much more important positions on the field than CB as evidenced by todays game. We gave up a whopping 17 points with Jackson "KILLING US" all game.

You don't pay a CB QB money with a salary cap. You just don't.

Keep crying about Revis. It helps.

16. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Exactly.. Revis was saying $16m/year, or trade me. When things are so unsettled on the offensive side of the ball, when you know that Mark Sanchez is not the long-term answer at QB, when you're in soft rebuild mode- you can't really afford to keep Revis and you have to take the draft picks and move ahead with your team.

In 2014, we will have $40m in cap space, and about 11 draft picks, so whatever the Jets are able to accomplish this year (and of course I hope that involves the playoffs, but I know that that's a huge longshot) it'll be a jumping off point. It's also important to have depth, and paying Revis would make that harder. Next year we're going to be able to bring in 3 - 4 solid free agents with the money we're saving on Revis.

17. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

You pay elite players elite money, regardless of where they are on the field.

Do you think the Vikings hate paying Adrian Peterson 14 million a year? Do the Lions hate paying Calvin Johnson 19 million a year? Anything wrong with DeMarcus Ware's 14 million a year? When JJ Watt gets his new contract at 18 or so million a year, will it ruin the Texans?

No. You pay elite players elite money. CB is not an unimportant position, and when you have the greatest player in the game on your team at that position you pay him his hard earned cash.

Antonio Cromartie is due to count 15 million against the cap in 2014. That's much more of an "overpay" than is Revis at 16 million.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

The D did pretty much pitch a shutout. They allowed a 40-something yard drive, a 4 yard drive and a late field goal. THATS IT. All of Tampa's points sans the 3 at the end were earned with exceptional field position.

I also don't think it's fair to say that had we kept Revis, the D would have been flawless because we wouldn't have had Richardson, who was a MONSTER today and was integral in making Doug Martin irrelevant for 90% of the game.

19. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

If we had kept Revis what do you think we'd have done at 9? Richardson probably, maybe Warmack.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Vincent Jackson KILLED US today.