CBS Sports - "Unnecessary To Watch Tape On Revis"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, Sep 6, 2013.

1. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Did Smith lose his "Generic Answers to Reporter Questions" cards?

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here, here. Very well said. It's time to step it up, support our QB And freakin ignore most of the media crap aimed at starting controversy over a non story.

Geno did nothing nor said nothing wrong. He complimented Revis, and implied studying him in detail would not be best thing for his time, which is dead nuts right. Grad study LOL? for who? a wide receiver maybe, not the QB.

Comparing him to Leaf incidentally is an absolute joke. Geno work ethic is so far superior and professional,is not even close, not to mention he has not played on NFL game yet.

3. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Revis is the best CB in the league but lets not forget who coached Revis for a few years

If anyone knows best how Revis plays it is Rex

I say we'll attempt to go at Revis a few times

4. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

What Ryan and Geno tell the press might be, and should be, entirely different from what they are actually doing in private (wait a minute, that came out wrong...)

Geno never definitively said he wasn't going to watch film of Revis. He said "might, might not".

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Bingo, we have a winner.

6. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I have to agree with everyone else and say that he has no reason to watch tape on Revis. The plan will be, where ever Revis lines up we don't throw that direction.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I hear now that Revis is in Tampa, he is 9 feet tall and has four arms and has a wingspan of 25 feet. He can cover half the field, not just one player. Seriously, Revis can only shut down one receiver per play. That is why he is not worth anywhere near the money he is being paid. Just don't throw at him. He is also not an interception machine. He is a shut down corner and the best there is, but its not like he picks off 7-8 passes a year.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I know how he meant this and for those who don't there dumb asses. Just more of the media trying to run us in to the fucking ground, fuck them.

9. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Even Rex on Mike and Mike this morning said he didnt think watching tape on Revis playing with the Jets would be the smartest use of his time because its a totally different defense.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The guy in your (and mine) avatar was "vilified, criticized, and scrutinized" as well. He did ok in New York.

And speaking of Joe Willy...Simms' play reminded me a little of Namath, at least if Joe had knees.

But that's neither here nor there. Hopefully Smith is able to put the ball where it needs to go. He doesn't have to win games at this point, he has to not lose them.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Revis is getting burned for a TD on Sunday. Bank on it.

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Nope, he used his.