ESPN: Revis happily sharing Jets' secrets with Bucs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

lmao keep hoping

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

None of this is relevant for me. First of all, Freeman has really struggled the last two years, and I don't think anything that can be said is going to make him a better QB.

Bills fans now are going through the same thing right now with New England. Belichick spoke the other day and said he's seen our new defense many times because its identical to the Jets scheme. Plus they signed one of our linebackers off waivers who is giving them all our info.

It doesn't really matter to me. When you blitz in such variety and frequency like the Bills and Jets do, there's really nothing that's going to alert you to who's coming and from where before the snap. Everyone knows the bills and Jets are going to blitz the shit out of you from all over, it doesn't mean you can stop it. The Bucs oline and Freeman still have to actually recognize the scheme presnap, make the correct blocking call, and then execute it. I don't have a lot of faith in Josh Freeman being able to do that.

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Sweeps and bubble screens his way early. Test his knee; remember Revis has not played a game on this thing yet. I doubt he's confident in it at all. The mental aspect is the hardest part of the rehab per many former ACL injured players

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

exactly, I think its over emphasized to a fault

Pettine blitzes but not as much as Rex so that could lead the Hoodie to utilizing more quick hits but the Bills countering with traps and dropping the LB's into zone

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sounds like a manish made up quote to me.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

pretty much this

we dont have a true #1 anyway and Kerley will destroy Banks or Johnson

Kerley and Powell should dominate this game

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This is a story?

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This is a story? How many players are on different teams this year and will play their old team? a hundred? 2? hahahah so stupid

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think it was during that locker room interview he gave after he was announced as starter. He talked about how when he found out he was the starter, he took it upon himself to watch film of the Bucs from preseason. Revis wasn't on the field during the preseason. They asked him if he had looked at any old Jets film of Revis.

It was a stupid response by Geno.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where's the media bridge when you need it?

11. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

i think our secret is out? were going to be one of the worst teas in football. not sure what he could have told them. lol

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

NE 38 Buf 7

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody does it but nobody talks about it to the extent he is.

14. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Not to mention that a strong review of the tape will show many of the "secrets" players can give to their new team about their old one. Wasn't there a time when the Jets signed a Patriots old 2nd or 3rd string QB and the media thought he would give the Jets secrets? Overall, these guys can't tell anybody something that couldn't have been discovered via tape.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Quote:
    “I mean, I don’t think it’s necessary,” Smith said. “Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. You pretty much get the idea of what kind of player he is based on his reputation. I mean, we all know about Revis.

“Basically from talking to Mark (Sanchez), talking to our personnel guys around here. If you talk to anyone in this locker room they’ll let you know (that a) healthy (Revis is) one of the best if not the best corner in the game. He’s the guy you definitely have to pay attention to on the field.”

In other words...."I ain't stupid. My plan is to stay the fuck away from Revis."

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

did you miss the pre-season?

17. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Rex is smart on defense he'll give looks Revis will know immediately but completely change it up. This could actually benefit the Jets, make them unpredictable when they appear to be predictable.