NY Jets Twitter: Ducasse & Allen Starting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 4, 2013.

1. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I agree. Vlad has looked good so far this preseason. No problem with him starting. I think it signals that we may be running a lot more than you might expect in a WCO

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

was pulling or winters...

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this is actually the best possible outcome. we don't have stopgap Peterman in there. vlad gets shot to show himself before hitting f.a.

additionally winters gets more time to learn. colon is injury prone and can also play rt in event of injury to howard. the chances of winters playing this year is better than average. I think we come out of this year with ducasse and winters set as guard and the oline set for the next 3 years. that would be a huge step in the rebuilding process

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

With Ducasse starting, Smith is going to be running for his life, might be worth watching after all.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this thread.

you have been very consistent in injecting negative opinions with out any supporting arguments to back them.

well done on walking the troll line without getting banned.

you are a role model for trolls everywhere

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....matt simms smiles quietly in the corner.....

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Allen was responsible for the Wilson run at the beginning of the game. I'm a bit nervous that the Jets haven't found someone on waivers at safety... he's a weakness right now.

I like Jarrett's propensity for hitting but he's not exactly going to be a world beater either.

8. I predicted early in preseason that Vlad would end up starting. He's too good of a run blocker to keep out of the line-up. He's an inconsistent pass blocker..but you can't keep that type of sledder off the field.

I think it's foolish for people to consider Vlad starting a bad thing. I'm not sure a young prospect finally stepping up & becoming a starter is EVER a bad thing.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's a bad thing if he's starting because he's cheap and they couldn't find a serviceable starter and injury rather than because he's improved his pass blocking to a strong enough level to start.

I've always been on the Vlad bandwagon, but if his pass blocking hasn't improved quite a bit we may see Simms and Clauson take snaps this year.

10. Good point.

Lets bare in mind though Ducasse had arguably 3 guys in front of him on the depth chart when Idzk first got here(Peterman,Colon,Winters..maybe even Schlauderoff) he fought his way to that starting position when he looked like he was gonna be an early cut.

It's a pretty safe assumption that he earned that starting spot & it was not granted by default.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It sure would be great if he finally blossomed.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is not even close to being correct. Idzik brought in Colon, Peterman and Winters. Months after he was hired.

13. Excuse me,Father time.

Ok so give or take him actually coming on board & the acquisitions actually transpiring(4 months)....How is any of what I said incorrect?

#33 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

OMG I almost pooped myself, you responded to the forum sociopath.

I meant to bold the part I disagreed with but I was standing in line at the store.

My only beef was the idea that Ducasse was buried on the depth chart by those guys when Idzik was hired.

I'm pretty sure he has earned his way to where he is now.