Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Junc, how many times did the bears defense give up a lead? Ididn't count but I did notice this, the BEARS offense scored often. only 3 games all season with less than 20 points on the board, only 3 times all season going in to the half trailing, on a quick count, that may be +/- one game or so.
    Only 2 games all season were decided by fewer than 2 scores.
    The Bears gave up 56 2nd half points that season.
    Bears offense was a very good offense that wasn't frequent 3 and outs.
    Bears offense put a lot of points on the board which lowered the pressure on the defense allowing it to be elite.
    The Jets weren't the 2005 Bears defense, it's one of the top 5 all time bests so if that's your benchmark of good defenses then there have only been 5 great defenses in the history of the NFL.

Fact is, the Bears usually had a multiple score lead, so it was difficult to give up late game leads, but the Bears did allow a fairly substantial, though still very good, number of second half points. Put that defense on the 2009/2010 Jets and they give up leads late in the game several times.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It just looked like a pass.

Sanchez was in the middle of another nifty pump fake.

3. 1968jetsfan

Yep. pretty much,

4. 1968jetsfan

Sanchez, Pump faking to wide open receivers since 2009.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Geno sucks it up against the Bucs and Pats because he is a raw rookie. Sanchez comes in and salvages the season for the Jets.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Tebow would make 1-2 plays a game, he led Den to a 7-9 record in a weak division and a humiliating div rd loss against a weaker Pats team than we beat up a year earlier int he same rd.

He didn't have a bad 2009, he had a good rookie year. he has had ONE bad year and that was 2012 where no QB would have had success w/ our healthy weapons.

Those #s are meaningless, again all you guys have are stats w/o context. Watch the games. tell me the games our run game carried us to a win? Greene and LT were mediocre most of the year

The Smith and week 17 stuff gave us a top 5 finish in yards which is what most folks who know nothing about the game point to in order to tell me how "great" our run game was.

Ok:

QB A: 20-33, 233 yds, 61%, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 102.2 rating
    QB B: 10-19, 133 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 36 rating

who was better?

I am not claiming our D wasn't dominant, I am stating as fact. It's not even debatable. we were still a D first team but our pass O was HUGE in overcoming a struggling run game and struggling at times defense.

7. nyjunc

The D bails him out, they got lucky Pitt decided to pass on 4th and 1 when they were dominating us on the ground and the INT is misleading. Ben was throwing it up for grabs b/c he had no chance to scramble for the 1st down, it was essentially being stopped on downs.

It was the Jets O fault that Pitt had so many more plays? the D couldn't stop Pitt? Last I checked Pitt got the ball first and our "dominant" D allowed a 9 play TD drive to ste the tone for the game. The O came back holding it for 4 mins to let the D get their breath and the D again allowed a long drive but got lucky Pitt decided to pass on 4th and 1.

w/ one less TD the Jets win the game? you know exactly how the game plays out? How about thinking logically. If he doesn't fumble(which he really didn't, it should have been ruled incomplete) we punt, Weatherford was awful in postseason, Pitt would have had great FP and a TO w/ over a minute to play. AT the very least they likelt kick a FG and instead being down 21 at the half we are down 20 at the half w/ zero momentum from the quick FG drive.

Jets D bails them out w/ a safety:rofl2: Ben FUMBLED the snap and they fell on him. The D did nothing there. The Pitt O got conservative and the D he;d them in check in the 2nd half, the O got the game w/in a score w/ 3 mins left and 3 TOs and the D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

Pitching a shutout for 32 mins:rofl2: are games 32 mins long? do we ignore allowing 17 in the first 28? We were playing a great D(a better one than ours) on the road. We needed our "dominant" D to play like one and they failed.

It all boils down to this. we scored to cut it to 5 pts w/ 3 mins left and 3 TOs, all our "dominant" D had to do was stop Pitt from getting 2 1st downs and our O would have had a chance. They failed, if Bal didn't get Flacco a chance at den the Ravens have no chance to win. They gave him a chance and Bal won, our D couldn't do the same.

8. nyjunc

So what? the rules have been geared toward the O's for a long time.

Each unit has a job to do, we have to score more than the opponent. it doesn't matter if we win 10-7 or 31-20. it's about winning.

I love the "exhausted defense" excuse. I always here this every time our D blows a late lead(which happens often). Our D just had capped off an 80 yd TD drive that took 5 mins off the clock but they were exhausted. The D was on the field for 6 1/2 mins of the 15 minute 4th qtr but they were exhausted. They had the last minute of the 1st half off the field plus the entire halftime to rest yet they allowed Miami to tale the opening drive of the 2nd half 73 yds for the TD- must have been exhausted.

We never had a dominant D, not even close. We had some good statistical D's b/c we dominated teams like Buf, TB, Jax, etc... but dominant Ds don't fail to show in big spots consistently the ay our D did.

Our D was very good, nowhere near dominant.

QB B had the better game, he led his team to 17 quick pts and w/ the game on the line he made plays to get the critical 1st downs to end it. mark had the nice #s and had a decent game but Ben was better despite the huge gap in #s. This just proves a point that we can't just blindly look at #s.

Wins are team stats but individuals help the team win and lose.

ohh so we had too many snaps.

in 2010 our opponents ran 939.

Let's compare that to other playoff teams:

NE 1020
    Pitt: 926
    Bal: 980
    Ind: 980
    KC: 989

Only ONE playoff team in the AFC faced fewer plays.

2009:
    NYJ: 921
    NE: 910
    Bal: 959
    Cin: 946
    Ind: 1050
    SD: 956

Only ONE AFC playoff team faced fewer plays.

NEXT excuse

9. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

"tone" and "momentum" are imaginary concepts. An exhausted defense because the offense cannot sustain any drives, is actually tangible.

I understand the 4th and 1 pick was the same as a turnover on downs, I thought I was pretty clear with that. It was still a turnover, one way or the other.

What you say it boils down to, is bullshit. The Jets D had stopped several drives in a row against a 2 time super bowl winning quarterback on his home field. If Sanchez doesn't cough the ball up late in the first half, that late drive to cut it to five instead gives us the lead. You can't turn the ball over in the playoffs and expect to win, PERIOD!

The D has made such a regular habit of saving Mark from his gaffes that you actually now blame games on them when they don't.

This is actually your worst point yet.

The Jets defense allowed 17 points and scored a safety.

The Ravens defense allowed 28 points and scored a touchdown.

I don't care WHEN the Ravens defense finally decided to make a stop, IT WAS 35-28. If the 2012 Ravens D played like the 2010 Jets D, the game would have led from the 3rd quarter on, and such a conclusion wouldn't have been necessary.

10. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Allowing 17 points should win you a playoff game almost every time. In fact the only 2 games out of the last 44 that it HASN'T been good enough, have been against... us.

The winning team scored at least 19 points in every single postseason game last year. All 11 games.

The winning team scored at least 20 points in every single postseason game in 2011. All 11.

Every winning team scored at least 21 points in the 2010 playoffs, except the New York Jets in Indianapolis. 10 out of 11.

Every winning team scored at least 20 points in the 2009 playoffs, except the New York Jets in San Diego. 10 out of 11.

But Mark Sanchez won those games, right?

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

More likely:
    Geno sucks it up against the Bucs and Pats because he is a raw rookie. Sanchez comes in and sucks it up because he sucks.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

junc is really going off the deep end. i find myself just browsing his posts now, like i used to do with champ before i blocked him.

yes junc that is the level of absurdity that your posts have come to.

i am glad there are guys like soss who will take the time to debunk all of the bs that junc tries to sell.

note those quantifiable things like "tone" that junc loves to use. they are fun because there is no way to prove or disprove them. they are in fact fantasy.

i cant even imagine how much time he has spent defending sancho. just the time to write all the posts that he has on this thread must be astounding. then to think about the research he has put in to put all of those posts together.

THAT shit is astounding

13. nyjunc

Last year our D faced 989 snaps, NE's D faced 1009

why is our D more tired b/c of snaps? shouldn't the team facing less snaps be fresher?

Only 3 games all year w/ less than 20 pts? Interesting.

You know we only had 4 games w/ les than 20 pts, right?

Is that a huge difference? and Chi's D/STs scored 55 pts that year, our D/STs scored 37.

The Bears D allowed the Bears O to play w/ no pressure b/c they were dominating opponents every week.

Chi's opposing O's averaged 20.4 PPG on offense.
    Chi held their opponents to 11.8 PPG
    Chi was +8.6

NYJ opposing O's averaged 20.2 PPG
    NYJ held their opps to 18.6 PPG
    NYJ was + 1.6

can we please stop comparing our D to Chi '85 or any other great Ds?

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Some might describe this type of evidence as "damning."

15. nyjunc

obviously you have never played in or been involved in any sport to say they are imaginary.

give me the reasons in those specific games why the D should have been exhausted?

The game boiled down to 3 minutes, we were w/in a score. Our D didn't even need a 3 and out, they had to stop Pitt from getting 2 1st downs. They failed, we lost.

Mark and the pass O have saved the D almost s much as the D has saved them(pre 2012).

The ravens D actually allowed 21 pts not 28 and the Ravens D SCORED a TD. 4 more pts allowed(against a better offense I might add) and 7 pts scored.

you were saying something about bad points?

The Giants scored 17 in regulation to win the NFC in 2011. fortunately for them their D/STs set up scores to get the game to OT, our D couldn't do that.

you can get these meaningless points over on many on here but not me.

You love stats and think they tell us everything but you have to examine each game.

Houston won 19-13 last year, we aren't talking about 25 pts, 19 is 2 more than 17. In the same ballpark and Mark did it on the ROAD against BETTER teams including leading a last second win at Indy.

from the div rd on scoring was up in 2012, that isn't an every year thing.

2011:

Giants score 17 in regulation in title game
    Giants score 19 in SB- again in the ballpark of 17.

2010:
    GB won NFC title game w/ their O scoring 14 pts

2008:
    SD scores 17 in regulation in WC rd
    phi O scores 19 in WC win
    Bal scores 20 in WC win
    bal scores 13 in div rd win

2007:
    SD scores 17 in WC win
    NYG WINS SUPER BOWL scoring 17 pts

if you don't want to learn that is on you. I am tearing apart these weak, excuse filled posts. I cannot help it that average fans like you don't understand the game, I am trying to help. You can accept it and learn or not contribute and whine. It is your choice.

16. nyjunc

those that don't understand the game might but those that understand each game is different know better and at NO POINT did I say mark carried us to victory or anything like that. I have always said he HELPED us win those games.

I love when people have nothing and have to make things up.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe, here we go again.

i honestly havent learned anything from you at all. maybe once or twice you have said something that raised my eye brow because i didnt realize it. the rest of your posts are just laden with bullshit, cherrypicking and nonsense.

you just go so deep with it that you think its irrefutable. and thats fine you are allowed to have your opinion.

i am so glad though that you have been exposed the way you have in this thread. if nothing else that is the best thing that has come out of it. so many more people realize what your agenda is now than did before this thread started. you have single handedly done that to yourself.

keep on typing away though. someone out there may still agree with you.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Junc you are not allowed to say Sanchez has ever done anything good including the playoffs. If you do you are a homer.

How can you argue with people with little to no understanding of the game it is impossible. Anybody that watched the AFCC games knows that the Jets offense had all the momentum and the Jets vaunted defense just needed a stop and did not get it.

Did other things happen in the game that might have changed the need sure you can argue that about any NFL game. The facts remain the same the game was there for the Jets to win it in the end and just as the Jets had done all season they were making a comeback and just needed the ball back one more time. The Jets D could not get it done.

There is nothing else to argue every Jets fan that was watching that game knows it. 99.9% of Jets fan were cursing our vaunted D after that Pitt game we were all swearing at our TV for them to get that stop.

19. nyjunc

That is your fault, it is b/c you don't pay attention. keep reading those stat sheets, that should help you.

exposed?:lol: when people have top make things up then we know I have won. It's been no contest.

Isn't that funny? #1 they act like we call him great or say he carried us and nonsense like that and then they act like he's never done a single thing to help us. Calling our D dominant is so incredibly laughable and pretending they carried him is laughable too. You don't win consistently in January w/o quality play from your QB.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

While the second half was somewhat entertaining what most Jets fans knew was the game was over when our D came out flat to start the game. The key to winning that game on the road was great D and a mistake free O that moved the ball enough to give the D rest. The game was over in the first Q when the D came out flat because our QB was not the type of player who could put points on the board over and over again without giving up points to the opposition.

Sanchez has done lots of good things. Overall he is a subpar QB who would make a fine backup at a reasonable price. Picking out pieces of an overall body of work to try and make a pig look like a racehorse doesn't change a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.