Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB284

TB284 New Member

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see Footballoutsiders data being referenced in an argument here. I also fully expect it to be summarily dismissed as "lacking context."

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Close is what really counts, for Junc.

And if one close is closer than another close, then even better!

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

By the way Junc old man, talk about out of context, you can ALWAYS find an argument about any player or team to make them look better or worse than they really were by cherry picking situations....that is the definition of being out of context.

I can cherry pick information and say the world is flat....it'd be wrong, but the cherry picked information can make it look that way.

And that's what you do, you cherry pick data in certain situations and say "see I'm right", despite the context being incorrect.

And just fyi 1 of Sanchez's 2 TD's against Indy was an 80 yard catch and run which accounted for about 1/3 of Sanchez's total output for the game. other than that he was pretty much inept, against a terrible colts defense who gave up the 21st highest number of points in the league.....Yes the Jets defense gave up 30 points in the game, not a great performance. But hey, against one of the leagues worst defenses Sanchez couldn't do shit beyond an a single 80 yard catch and run play.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

all meaningless #s, our run game was very overrated and skewed b/c of week 17 vs. Buf and Brad Smith trick plays.

you can show me all the rankings you want but when do we discuss when these #s were being accumulated?

Just watch the games please, this is such a silly post.

8th best pass protection, does the QB get any credit for making good, quick decisions?

5th best run game- what a complete joke. Greene and LT were decent RBs that year, LT had a great first month then was pretty mediocre the rest of the way. The #s are skewed by an exhibition game in week 17(almost 300 rush yds) and Brad Smith and his trick plays.

LT/Greene averaged 4.16 YPC which is GOOD but top 5? laughable.

This wasa D that:

allowed a million 3rd and longs to keep Bal possessions alive week 1 allowing Bal to hold it almost 40 mins.

allowed Miami to keep coming back after being given a 2 TD lead and barely held on at the GL to win in Miami.

allowed a dead Viking team to come back from a double digit deficit and after the O seemingly ended the game w/ a 66 yd TD drive late to extend the lead to 9 they allowed the Vikings to score a TD in a minute to give them another shot.

allowed Den to score 20 and take the lead late after we had tied it in the 4th

allowed rookie Colt McCoy to lead a TD drive in the final minute to tie the game after our O had controlled the clock for almost 40 mins.

allowed Houston to come back from 23-7 down in the 4th.

allowed Pitt to nearly steal that game in Pitt despite Pitt facing a 3rd and 24 on the final drive.

allowed NE to humiliate us

allowed Chi to beat us after we had a double digit lead

allowed Pitt to dominate them in the title game

but hey the rankings tell us it was an all time great D:lol:

Peyton manning
    Eli Manning
    Matt Ryan
    Dan Marino
    Troy Aikman
    Joe Flacco
    ben Roethlisberger

just to name a few

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I appreciate it not falling on completely deaf ears.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stats are Junc's krypotonite...

It's a bird!
    It's a plane!
    It's the below average superfan!!!

[​IMG]

7. 1968jetsfan

I'll have to look to see where I found it, but I remember the stats on Sanchez in 2012 as being among the most sacked QB's but only the 13th or 14th most pressured QB. Which means he takes sacks at a higher % of pressures than any other QB, by FAR.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't get why Ex-Jets feel the need to trash the team when they join the media. It makes me dislike them. BIG TIME.

9. TB284

TB284 New Member

Well he didn't disappoint. How someone can say that defense- and situation-adjusted statistics are lacking context is completely beyond me, but there you have it.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Please. We've been there. Ad nauseum. I gave up on him for a reason.

Numbers are meaningless if it goes against his logic - but are meaningful if it supports his logic.

Don't waste your breath. I did it for you eons ago. Learn from my mistake.

Hell, give him Roethlisberger in his early part of his career. He will find a way to bullshit his way out. Trust me on this. [The situation, and the formula at work, are nearly similar, mind you.]

#16090 Zach, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  11. 1968jetsfan

ROFL, you never cease to amaze me with your megalomania on "you're right and EVERYONE else is wrong". Your ability to ignore facts and to warp and distort data is second only to a 2 year old who covers his eyes and says "you can't see me".

Here's the thing about Stats Junc, at the end of the season you can take the stats, run them through the model and they will almost always predict the w/l of a team within a game of being correct in the NFL. There are a few outlying exceptions, but the Pythogrian model almost always holds up.

Those who claim stats don't matter don't understand stats or their application. Those who claim that people who use stats don't watch football are always people who are losing the debate.

12. Mantana Soss

I'm going to enjoy this one. I think I'll break this one down line by line.

13. 1968jetsfan

Too much LSD.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

If Tomlinson instead said, "I think Sanchez will be a starter again and have a radiant career," then he'd sound like a fucking idiot.

15. nyjunc

You already made an ass out of yourself saying if he threw for 300 and we lost 24-17 he would have had a good game.

Favre was known for overcoming injuries, mark was hurt in 2010 and 2011- did we get the injury excuse?

He had an 80 yd TD in one and led us back w/in a score in another. If our D would have played like a big time D we would have won.

I think first 3 qtrs. is stretching it, we did start slow but that was usually a 1st qtr thing.

The D allowed a 9 min drive to start the game for a TD, they set the tone. The D was pushed around all game and then when we got w/in a score w/ plenty of time and all 3 TOs left they allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

Our "dominant" D cost us that game.

considering the way he left SD and the way his teammates talked about him I'd say bart's word means more.

We actually had a chance to win our title game, they had no chance in NE.

I like you Soss but you are embarrassing yourself to say he was the worst QB in the league.

You know Favre's Viking stunk in 2010, right? you know we got GB in an incredibly windy day, right?

it was fantastic allowing Bal to hold ball for 40 mins, blowing all those late leads against great O's like Den, Cle, Mia, Min, ...

Just mind boggling.

Yep, the Colts D was inept b/c the rankings tell us so! never mind they held us to 17(-5), Bal to 3(-21) and NO to 24(-8).

16. nyjunc

I can't wait to see the stats you show me!

17. 1968jetsfan

If he is it'll either be because the starter is injured, the team has clinched the playoffs and is resting the starter, or he's the Oakland QB at some point this year....but that only works for this year since next year he'd be behind either Bridgewater or Boyd.

18. Mantana Soss

You don't get to make this claim for the Jets. The one thing Mark DOES rank #1 at... is turning the ball over.

Every decent team, every year, has a game that skews the averages. You can't take the Jets' best statistical game out of their numbers, but leave it in there for everyone else. The Jets running backs themselves, were not that great. But the run blocking was SUPERB. 1st or 2nd in the NFL in success rate at short yardage: both situational (3rd/4th and short, goalline) and not getting stuffed (rate of getting at least 3 yards on a carry).

19. 1968jetsfan

You missed the biggest point of all Junc ole boy, probably because you knew you couldn't twist it.

The logic that you apply about Sanchez winning games that he did nothing in being applied to the games that were lost in the championship games.

If he gets credit for the wins he gets credit for the losses. Especially if he gets credit for wins he did NOTHING in.

since he's failed to get past the championship game twice that makes him what? yes a CHOKE artist! at least when you apply your logic. I personally don't blame Sanchez for either playoff loss, at least not in whole. But by the same token I don't give him credit for 3 of the 4 playoff wins where he essenetially did nothing. But he gets partial credit for the wins because he didn't screw up like he normally does. He gets credit for that.

But when we apply your logic he's the batting 0.00% in the big game...wellt hat's not true, he's choked before getting to that big game....If we apply your logic.

20. nyjunc

I am not saying if he did help or didn't, we don't know the answer to that question and you can bash him for TOs in other years but not 2010.

what does that mean? we were a good short yardage team? how did we get into short yardage situations if we couldn't run it very well? the pass game didn't help?

how superb was the run blocking in Pitt on short yardage in the title game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.