The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The turnovers will come, that's a given....it was going to happen in the Giants game, as I expected, and in the regular season......
    the big question remains:

How much patience will Rex and the mgt have for Geno's weening period?
    The fans will grow impatient also.....

The Giants game exposed Geno for all the NFL defenses to game plan on, so you know Tampa and Pats, etc will be licking sitting and waiting for GS to make that stare down look.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I pretty much agree with your post, except the bit about "I don't care if he is making mistakes."
    I'm sure he would learn from his mistakes though.
    My biggest fear is that we end up ruining a potentially good QB because he's "our best QB"

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree entirely, but a second-round QB isn't going to be given the same leeway as a first-rounder. Unless he shows something in that first year of playing, he's on thin ice.

A first-round pick has a lot more going for him - not least of which is the organization's desire to be proven right about it's choice. There's less stigma involved in dumping a second-rounder, or in demoting him to the back-up role behind a hotshot rookie.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

My solution? If it means to let Geno sit a few games and break him in slowly, I'm fine with that...bring in Matt or, by some miracle, if Sanchez as able to throw - he has another week to heal.....not too many options, I know this...but Rex and Co seem to want to go with an unproven commodity.

Their D is capable but , will they have growing pains also? If Gino lays a few eggs early, it's going to make the CS look pretty dam incompetent.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Once you descend to the "worst QB in the nfl" argument, you are officially a moron.

Romo,Rivers,Hemne,Gabbert,Fitzpatrick,Skelton,Quinn, tannehill, all say hello.

And they all had more talent around them.

Oh, and P.S. geno considers himself a pocket passer, and Sanchez throws better on the move.

Just sayin.

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

LOL you're saying Sanchez is better than Tony Romo and Phillip Rivers? Sanchez had a #1 defense and top 5 running game and was statistically fucking terrible.

I said Sanchez was arguably the worst in the NFL, even if he does slightly edge out Gabbert in terms of uselessness it's not saying much you fucking tool.

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Are you really putting Tannehill in the bad QB discussion? And Romo??

and WHO was this great supporting cast that I apparently missed all of last year?

8. Hobbes3259

How about ruining him, when he is not?

This GM has been a total fucking disaster, he has had 3 countem 3 signings damaged because of off the field issues, hes pushed a QB competition, that didnt exist when Wilson was drafted, on the basis of Wilson playing his way onto the field, his other RB acquisition, with a history of injuries, os well...trying to get on the field, and his first draft pick, again with a history of injuries, is...trying to get on the field.

This guy is like a degenearate gambler, that keeps trying to double down to get even.

Ummm...Mr.Johnson, is Tanny still avaialable?

Idzik, is turning into Sandy Alderson on steroids.

All rep, no reward.

Hobbes prediction..,,Rex, outlasts Idzik.

9. Hobbes3259

Not even close.

Sanchez, has done more with less, and has more playoff wins than both,

Rivers doesnt turn it over as much, but if the three were on the sideline for one playoff game?

Only one isnt a known choke artist,

Btw, what Rivers w/l recored the last couple years?

It shows how perverse this fan base is. romo, a consummate choke artist with more weapons than NATO cant win a playoff game. Gets 100 million dollar extension.

Jets QB with most playoff wins ever...gets ridden out of town.

#2609 Hobbes3259, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  10. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

^^

So you are saying that Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Dustin Keller (Sanchez's main weapons the past couple seasons) are worse than Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Anthony Fasano (Tannehill's from last year)

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hobbes, do not hijack this thread.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Got 9 pages out of it before ban boy :metal:

13. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

"Sanchez" should be a banned word. He is no longer a factor and it's as clear as day, no stupid rhetoric or over analyzed stats will change that.

It's Geno time. If he can work within MM's system his rookie season he'll be fine. If not we'll move on from him next season.

Geno has upside and gives hope... If he starts it is for a reason... Not because Idzik and MM has a man crush on him like Rex had on Sanchez...

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so you don't want to bring in geno because he is not ready, but bring in udfa 2012 practice squad fodder matt simms? or hope sanchez is healthy?

this team is trying to move towards the future, mark is not in it. any snaps he gets in the regular season are delaying the rebuilding process. if he would have lit it up from day 1 of camp and didn't show flashes of 2012 in the preseason games that would be different. but the minute he entered the game against nyg his jet career was over. just a matter of when is the most convenient time to pull the plug. we are not a contender this year, it is what it is. the best thing to do is play as many up start guys as possible and figure out what we do and don't need.

geno's up first. simms is on deck Harrell is in the hole

for good bad or indifferent that is the 2013 season

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

now he's ragging on our GM already and saying Sanchez is better than Romo. Ha. Romo is ten times the QB Sanchez could ever dream of being. This entire fanbase would be giddy as fuck to have Romo as our QB. You really have psychological issues Hobbes, I hope you can find help and get your head on straight one day.

LOL so now that you predicted it we know for sure it won't happen.

#2615 74, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Romo has had top 5 offensive talent/ weapons. You can't compare the 2 except, Sanchez has showed Up in the playoffs and Romo not so much.

How you have Austin, Bryant, Witten and not win? Unbelievable!

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

he's also had no running game and a shit defence. You're right, you can't really compare them because one is a legit starter and the other is a walking turnover.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The coaches have seen a lot more then we have. I'll trust Idzik, Rex, Mary, and Lee on this one.

19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Exactly. Ready or not, here he comes!

20. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

probably bottom 5 offensive line though too